“Great hotel, best value all inclusive so far!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Alize

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Alize
Ranked #13 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
“Great hotel, best value all inclusive so far!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Just returned from a 2 week stay at club alize, great hotel, do not hesitate to book if you are thinking about it.
You get an immaculate flat style apartment with a fridge and cooking facilities, large bedroom, we had a travel cot which was clean and made every day. Satellite tv which works out £1 a day, good value if you have young kids or like to keep up to date on sports, tv etc as you get all the main sky channels. Bathroom was clean and large.

Plenty of sunbeds all the time no need to be up at 4am to get a bed.
The food was excellent for an all inclusive, always something to eat, breakfast 7-10 serving omlettes fresh in front of you, cereal, beans the usual and 2 days a week they put on their full english breakfast but to be fair its not great and cousins and every bar in town does a full english for under £1.50 which is close to what you get at home.
Lunch and dinner were good lots in the trays and at the grills upfront to chose from always well cooked and tasted as it should unlike other hotels. They ran a snack bar with chips, pizza and other fast food brought to you which was excellent and ran 11-4 every day.
Staff were ok all polite.
Entertainment wasnt great in the day it was the usual darts, water polo etc but the entertainment of a 4 turkish guys including dwarf did a dance twice a day to the wazzup song where the pretty much pretended to have anal sex with each other and got kids to join in. To be fair they were all just young lads and were always polite and a good laugh, although not too enthausiastic with young kids in the mini disco.
The hotel is in the middle of 2 sort of main strips of bars and shops, not too many of the shops give you too much hassle and dont haggle stupidly like other areas. The marina is a 10tl taxi ride or 2tl bus ride(10mins) and is nice and full of shops and bars.
Overall it was a great value hotel for under £800 for 2 weeks but I feel the price may go up as it gives such good service with no issue so you should book quick.

3 Thank Drythumb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greenock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Just returned from a week's stay with my family we all had a great time, food was good as were our rooms they were cleaned every day. I would like to say the bar staff were great they were always happy especially the guy with the good quality wig he poured a nice vodka and orange.the entertainment was ok, although the family from Barnsley were good entertainment for everyone especially the cage fighter.

1 Thank stoater
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Everything apart from the Turkish bath was rubbish. I have stayed at so many hotels across turkey and the world and i cannot beleive this old fashioned, filthy, ignorant place still stands. I Won't go in to a story like everyone else I'll just give you the simple facts.

arrived at 2am, no food on arrival.
No room service at anytime
Rude receptionist
Given a tacky, scratchy red band to wear and was told not to take it off. I felt like a Cow on a farm.
No fan of safe in room
Given a "fishing net" as a duvet, was dirty smelly and itchy, so opted with a bathroom towel
£15 for TV
£10 for safe
£3.5 for wkd, bottled beer or cocktails
Bar server I just wanted to knock out he was so moody and so were the two weird girls, who I thought were defonatly on something
Drinks served in shot glasses. Took one sip and they were gone
Aircon so noisy
Swimming pool very small
The slide is crap !
Entertainment as rude as everyone else who worked there!
Night entertainment was worse than an old people's home !
Food was absoloutly awful !
Could never get a sunbed
Asked for receptions help to book a table and got told to do it myself ! Ha !
They defonatly new they had your money in there pockets it was awful. I cannot wait to see this hotel go bust it deserves nothing more. And the bald headed owner is a complete idiot aswell !
Ohwell all I can say is will not stay here again and anyway reading this reveiw I strongly recommend you cancel your stay and book in with GRAN AZUR ! a lovely hotel better than this rubbish.

8 Thank Foodcritic07
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

ive have recently returned from a one week break from club alize, we had a brillant time, although my youngest son who is 19 months,had an upset tummy there and went completley off his food, he has become better in himself , but is still not eating and still has a dodge tummy, i have taken him to doctors and they have taken a stool sample, today i have found out from hospital , he has cryptosporidium, which is found in swimming pools, chorline is not enough to kill this bug, i know when i was there a few children were sick or had tummy pains, so if you see this you need to get your children seen by a doctor as this can last for 5 weeks,syptoms can be any of the following, upset tummy, fever , sickness, going off food, i really dont want to put anyone off there holiday, we had a lovely time, the place is very clean and spotless, but this problem needs to be sorted as many people will become ill syptoms can take 3 to 12 days to appear , which can be mild or severe, i will be reporting this to first choice as they need to get there pool checked.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank crazychick2468
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

We have just returned from 10 days at the Club Alize and over all had an excellent holiday.
The food was fantastic, plenty of choice and variety even the most fussy eaters would not go hungry. The food choices were different for both lunch and dinner in the main resteraunt every day. The only down side to the food was breakfast....... English breakfast served twice a week all other days omelete's which were cooked individually for you (they were very nice). Continental breakfast, fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, beans, toast and sweet breads available every breakfast.
Have read lots of other reviews about the bar staff being rude and misserable I can honestly say I did not experience this. If you were curtious and polite to them they were polite and curtious back. Did witness several people being rude and ill mannered to the bar staff.
The rooms were quite large and it was fantastic to have a kettle and fridge.
Rooms were kept to a high level of cleanliness, towels and bed linen changed on a regular basis.
We had a room facing the road and the "noisy" cousins bar!!!!!!!! Music was turned down to a mininum at 12am and the road traffic did not interfere with a good nights sleep.
We found there was always plenty of sunbeds available, especially on the terrace.
Sunbeds were moved from the pool area around 4pm to set up the tables for the evening meal, altho this may seem early to move the beds, most of the beds at this time were in the shade and had been vacated and I'm sure more people would complain if they had nowhere to sit and eat there evening meal when the resteraunt opened at 6.30pm.
Evening entertainment............. Well what can I say............... Do not expect alot and you won't be dissapointed.......
The entertainment team..... Dodo and his crew....... Fantastic........... They were friendly, amusing and great with children.
The daily pool dancing from the entertainment team was very funny and altho some of the dance moves may not have been appropriate for childeren to be joining in with as others have mentioned, if you have kids and do not like it, don't let them do it...........
Cleanliness in all communial area's was faultless............ and the resteraunt and dining area was always spotless.
The on site shops were great and prices were reasonable. Internet access was 3tl for half an hour or 5tl for an hour from the "Primark" shop. Manicure and french polish and eyebrows threading at the hairdressers/beauty salon 45tl (approx £16). Tatoo shop was always very busy, my husband had a old tatoo re coloured and a new one done for a very reasonable price of £120.
Overall a great holiday and I would highly recommed this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have kids a pool facing room would be best
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Donna B
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Went to this hotel with my girlfriend for a week at the end of June, we only paid around £450 each through first choice flying from Birmingham

Considering that price I think this hotel is well worth the money, its not a fancy hotel and the 3 star rating is accurate

The hotel used to be self catering so the rooms are of a reasonable size and come with a fully kitted out kitchen and fridge etc. Which we never used, the rooms themselves are pretty good and clean, our balcony didn't have the nicest view, looking out the west side of the hotel towards another hotel and the aqua dream water park but we hardly used it anyway. The only downside being that although all rooms come with A/C they don't really as the keys have energy saver fobs on them which you need to keep in the socket for the electricity to work so the A/C only runs when you are in the room which for us was never so coming home at night the room was very hot and you couldn't sleep with the A/C on as it was quite noisy

We did have one strange incident of returning to the room to find our sponge stained black with a strong smell of bleach, I don't know what happened but it was obviously something to do with the maid, I went down to the manager and complained, he was polite and apologetic assuring me it wouldn't happen again and if it did which he assured again it wouldn't to come see him and he would sort it, he offered a new sponge the hotel shop didn't have any so he went and got one, I felt this was a reasonable solution although would've preferred the offer of a freebie like a Turkish bath or international drinks etc. Perhaps that was wishful thinking though

All the food is buffet meals served in the main restaurant, breakfast was cereal fruits salad breads and cold meats pastries things like that, nothing special but it was okay, only disappointment being drinks available are diluted fruit concentrates or coffee/tea, fresh orange juice is extra

Lunch is pretty decent, has a full salad section and lots of small ramekin dishes with things like prawn salad etc. Has hot dishes and desserts

Dinner is the main meal using the restaurant and also the grill area of the bar for extra dishes such as kebabs on the Turkish night, the only thing is as this is ex self catering most tables are outside the restaurant and it can be a little cramped, dishes change regularly and were all pretty tasty, all buffet style

snacks are available throughout the day, things like burgers chips sandwiches salads pizza etc. Which are quite good especially the pizza with a couple drinks

The bar is open 10:00 - 00:00, drinks are al local, beer (efes) vodka rum gin brandy whisky etc. and international drinks are available at extra, again with this being ex self catering the bar is too small and there are frequently queues especially at night, the main bar has only 1 beer tap and mostly only 2 staff, during the day there is another bar at the pool serving only water and beer so that helps the queues, also the staff have no problem with you ordering x amount of drinks, I would normally get 4 at a time to save me going back up but if you get friendly with the staff (by tipping them of course) they'll ring them to you and one joked when he asked how many I wanted, 6 7 8 9 10 haha, also I seen some people hoarding drinks before the bar shuts at midnight and the staff don't seem to mind this, unlike it says in the brochure there is no mini-bar in the rooms its simply an ordinary fridge and comes with 4 bottles of water not filled with water and soft drinks like the brochure says

Other facilities in the hotel look good, the shop is handy right at the reception and any smokers will find the prices good twenty cigarettes works out about £1.50, the Turkish spa looks very nice although I dint use it (wish I had) I had a look and its very clean with friendly staff, next to it there's also a small gym if you wish to use it, there's also internet access and a games room for kids, in the hotel there is also a tattoo shop, a lot of the English used this shop the population of the hotel is mostly English I met only a couple other Scots when I was there and no foreigners, personally I wouldn't use it as I thought the tattoo's weren't good quality but each to their own if you want a cheap tattoo this would be a good place to get one, there's also a jeweler's and a souvenir shop which sells all the typical Turkish fakes, fake aftershave/perfume is very different to what it is here, in turkey you can get 3 bottles for £10 (28-30 lira) and they copy the packaging names bottle everything, not as good as the real deal but for about £3 each good for everyday use

The pool is quite small maybe only 8m x 4m with a section cordoned off for the kids slide and a separate Jacuzzi and kids pool, the pool area sunbeds are always busy with families, you would need to be up real early to get one as its the usual towel on the sunbed stuff, above the bar though there is an upstairs sun lounger section that we went to, there's always LOTS of beds available as its mostly adults as it would be no good to supervise children at the pool, I preferred this as I could get 2 sunbeds and a table any time of day as well as never being shadowed by the sun and it was a bit quieter, staff will bring drinks and snacks up to you here

Staff are all mostly young Turks who work very hard and do long hours and are all quite polite and friendly, some of the younger males though like to play pranks which sometimes annoyed some quests, entertainment is okay but wasn't really to my taste its more aimed at kids with pool games during the day and a kids karaoke at night, most nights entertainment is just bingo but they do get external entertainers for the Turkish night etc. Like I say its okay but not my taste and there's better entertainment outside the hotel

I would recommend club alize although I probably wouldn't go back myself as its a family hotel with a lot of kids no really suited to couples and its not the best hotel I would rather pay for something more, but it was a last minute decision and for £450 I would say good value for money

Room Tip: Money ! You can upgrade to a pool view can't remember how much it is £10 I think, although I nev...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Kyle S
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in august with my husband 2 children and my mum and dad we had a lovely holiday overall mainly due to the area very close and in walking distance of alot of amenities. Plenty of shops,bars and restaurants and about 10 min walk to the beach.The hotel is basic and quite small for amount of guests it holds doesnt seem to have enough sunbeds to go around if you want to be around the pool area you need to get up early to get a bed although the hotel states no reserving of beds for longer than an hour left unattended or towels will be removed this was not the case we witnessed towels been left out on beds round kids pool from evening before and most beds already taken before 6am and alot reserved but we never even seen anyone come to the beds all day on our last day of 2 wks they eventually announced over mic no towels to be put out before 7am there is a balcony up above pool bar that has always spare beds but not ideal if you want to be close to you kids while supervising in pool. Getting onto the bar this is a big let down to the hotel bar staff are very miserable they do not smile there is no please or thankyou they do not speak much english and you get alot of tuts and slamming of glasses down when passing you your drinks. They tend to get you drink wrong all the time and are always chatting among each over and make you feel like a burden i did put in a complaint to the bar manager about this he was full of excuses on one occasion my son was stood 25 mins waiting to get a drink they just totally blanked him until i confronted them and requested they gave my son a drink. They constantly try giving you warm flat drinks they tend to stash bottles of water under bar and pour so many drinks ready just to give straight out which is not good how warm it was they constantly run out of ice and have only one beer pump and pop machine so alot of queing at times especially on a evening. The only drinks that came under all inc was beer, pop, water, wine, vodka, gin and brandy the shelves at the back was full with imported spirits but you had to pay for them same has cocktails these was not inc either and it was only buy one get one free from 11pm which is no good sat waiting when you have young children not to mention the 4000 pound we paid for our holiday even down to kids slush puppies had to be paid for. Free icecream is only between 3 and 5pm and big queues. The food was nice enough but cold at times and to say the hotel was catered for mainly for english people they did not do english cooked breakfast only once a week but do omellets most days also peas carrots and potatoe wedges lol across the road theres a restaurant called cousins also if you go left out of hotel one called sweet corner which are both very nice you can get an english breakfast for 1.20 and staff are very nice and friendly although the cousins bar if you go for an evening meal or drink and you have young children be prepared has there is alot of dirty dancing going of which you may find unsuitable but great fun for the adults but they are very nice and make you feel very welcome and they are really good with the kids and they do have a free pool table and swings round the side which my boys loved has in hotel you had to pay for all games also all drinks are buy one get one free all day which beats the hotel.The rooms are basic but quite spacious could do with been updated but they are kept clean by the maids daily who are very good by the way that goes for the hotel its self they do clean up all the time very good hygiene there is air condit

Room Tip: service is based on the bar only everything else was good if you want a quiet room request to be on...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family