“Worst hotel and service ever”
Review of Club Alize

Club Alize
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

My review may look confusing as ive awarded this "hotel" 5 stars. But I did try to write a 1 stat review which the owner wouldn't allow on ! For some reason. This is as said on other reviews Jeremy Kyle in the sun litterally I have NO IDEA how this hotel gets this many good reviews unless the people staying there are still drunk or it's there first holiday. The hotel sell laser pens which the out of control kids use to shine through the windows of sleeping guests, whilst the security gaurd who looked about 104 years old laughed with them ! The bar staff are the rudest people I have ever met ! They give you the drinks in glasses no bigger than an egg cup, and tut at you when you ask for no ice. The so called "beer" is not beer it's very low alcoholic water. The swimming pool had a disease in! Ha ! But kids were still allowed to play ! The food was vile! Same crap, different day every day ! The entertainment I cannot comment on because I didn't bother to watch it, oh but I still met the lovely 14 year olds who performing a dance act outside the front of the hotel Smoking fags before they performed. Within the hotel you have to wear a wrist band which scratches you to peices ! The receptionists are the most unhelpful people in the world they defonatly no they already have your money ! I would advise you bring your own quilt with you when going there because you don't get one when your there. To watch TV Is 15 quid, and another 10 pound for a safe ! A further 5 pound for a fan ! Haha, there just taking the mick. Club Alize you will be out of business soon enough and I cannot wait to see all the cock sure staff members face when it happens. What a dump, for 3 grand you can jog on, walk down the road to gran azur, you pay a bit extra but it's 1000 times better than this rubbish.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Foodcritic07

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Half term OCT 2012, having travelled to Turkey many times around the same time of year i knew what to expect , bars,eating houses, shops and hotels closing down.Some guests at the club alize seemed to want the world ,built in baby sitter/entertainers from the animation team.No they are there to entertain everyone if you want kids clubs use the perfectly adequate First Choice club.THE HOTEL in my view offered me exactly what i wanted and expected from a 3 star hotel. large,clean comfortable rooms, good quality food( not always exciting), plenty of food,plenty to drink both alcoholic and non(teas coffees etc. etc) very friendly staff ,from the cleaners right through to the management. Positioned about a 5-10 stroll from the sea front and about 20-30 minutes gentle stroll to town centre and harbour, plenty of bars to keep you refreshed on the way even at end of season.Pool Area always kept clean and non slip mats poolside were a real godsend with so many kids around. Marmaris itself was interesting from the modern to the old town , grand bazaar and harbour.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are better but cannot be guaranteed, main road facing rooms probably a bit noisy ,bu...
1  Thank wedge012
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Went back to club alize in September hoping it would be quiet as small children should be at school....wrong ! More children than in August last year and unfortunately whose parents have no control or standards over their offspring. This was our third time to the hotel and will be the last. The hotel and staff are lovely as is the food, good choice at every meal. The only complaint is the bar snacks, poor quality burgers, nuggets and pizza all served with chips, but to be fair this was the staple diet of most the guests. The bonus with this is the restaurant at lunch time was virtually empty, which means all the salad, meats and other local dishes are untouched. The night entertainment is ultra poor. The drinks need improving as you have to ask for ice and the choice is limited. We did have a nice time but will not be going back to this hotel again. Went to Icelemar for three days on the bus and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere by the beach and lovely people who don't hassle you like they do in marmaris town. All in all, three times to Turkey but our last for a while. Can't beat Spain for travelling time, hassle free window shopping and proper drinks with ice .

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank kahuna2008
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Good to sleep eat in hotel only couple of times food nice at times we eat in staff seemed friendly area nice good location close to centre good bar opisite called cousins staff friendl y bar only local drinks end of season drinks ran out not replaced

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank irishnutter
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at club Alize from 5th October until the 19th October. Overall we had a brilliant holiday the staff are all lovely especially the entertainment team who always knew everyone's names and were so friendly and brilliant with the kids. The food was nice with different things to choose from the children's food was terrible to be honest it was the sane everyday with only a very small choice.

Now onto the negative there was a sickness bug going around the hotel that had already been documented before we had even arrived and it just seemed to go from bad to worse once we were there. People were literally dropping like flies there were children throwing up around and in the pool and inconsiderate parents were not keeping the children indoors. The toilet was covered in faeces so bad one day you couldn't even go in there....the rep had been informed of all these incidents and still nothing was done! Both my children and husband had the bug with me getting it last and I can honestly say I have never felt so ill in my entire life. A local school was closed because this bug was so bad so why was nothing done about the guests in the hotel if its bad enough to shut a school.

Overall the holiday would have been amazing if it wasn't for this bug going around.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Tallulah74
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We'd been following the TA reviews for weeks so set off from Bournemouth very much looking forward to our stary at Club Alize..

Our flight left on time & we arrived at Club Alize around 2am and were swiftly checked in & shown to our room. A good sized room & much needed beds made up ready to sleep....
We had a lovely pool view. I had in fact emailed the hotel a week prior to arrival requesting this but it wasnt guaranteed so we were happy!

1st impression = Excellent!

Our first few days were great. The sun was shining & the entertainment team were trying really hard to entertain!

Whilst our son was at kids club the two of us went to the Spa for a Turkish Bath which for £10 was well worth it in my opinion. I then went on to have a facial but didnt really enjoy that as felt the beautician didnt really have a lot of experience as the Scottish lady who ran the spa had to tell her what to do. In my package I also had a body massage but this was rushed so again I didnt really enjoy it as I should have. But again it was reasonably priced!

The entrance to the restaurant provided hand sanitizer during our first few days but it then just disappeared. As did the cutlery in the basket. Instead all cutlery was laid out all day on what often were dirty tablecloths. On reading back at the last few reviews I see there was in fact a nasty 'bug' going around. I presume they thought the bug had gone so therefore took away any precautions...mad if you ask me but we were lucky & did not get ill during our stay but then I carry my own hand sanitizer with me!!
The restaurant had tables inside or out but inside was just way too hot as there was no air con & outside was not good with SO many people smoking to their hearts content with no respect for those still eating. It was disgusting as most were British who should know better. I can only presume that they must do the same back home in their own houses...YUK!
The food was good although by our 2nd week it was very repetative so we did end up eating out twice. As other reviews have said the best day was Sunday when roast was served & English breakfast is twice a week but omlettes are freshly made to order every day.

Bar drinks were good & plentiful and the female barmaid was lovely! However during our 2nd week the drinks got smaller & they began to run out of things. The barman with the dodgy haircut was at times very rude often ignoring people to chat on his phone or to other staff members. He'd actually been quite pleasant during our first week though!!

It seemed by week 2 though that everything was slowing down. The entertainment was so poor it was almost non existant with the entertainment team even sitting down some nights to play cards with their mates. By day they couldnt be bothered either, it was so different to our first week. They couldnt even be bothered to switch the water slide on as it meant one of them had to man it.
Luckily the first choice rep went home so was replaced by a lovely rep called Michelle who was so attentive & tried really hard to keep everyone happy despite taking a lot of flack from disappointed guests...If not for her the slide would never have been put back on & what little entertainment there was would have just stopped completely. I actually found Dodo to be very rude if anyone dared ask about the entertainment. The other guys were friendly enough though.

We were also sat in the bar area when the DVD Underworld was put on as entertainment. Club Alize is a Family hotel. This DVD is in fact rated 18 in the UK. Children were not all running about, our 7 year old was actually sat with us and we felt it was very inappropiate to show this film. We therefore went up to our room. We should be able to stay up late if we wish. Again the entertainment teams sheer laziness was why a DVD was put on in the first place. I did hear that things got a bit heated that evening but do agree that this film was not family viewing & I would have said so myself had we not chosen to go upstairs.

The owner of CA often entertains his own guests which is fine but its made so obvious that they treat the Turkish so differently to us. Tables laid up with fresh linen, wine glasses & water. They then get a waiter service for drinks all night too...made us feel like 2nd rate!

By day 12 the hotel was litterally being closed up with all the top floor windows being boarded up for winter & the music speakers were dismantled from all around the pool area. Even the kids club reduced their hours but omitted to tell anyone before hand...even a handwritten note on the notice board would have helped!

By day 14 we couldnt wait to leave....Sadly getting cramped into a small mini bus for our return to the airport was the final straw. We were sick of hearing the phrase "Its the end of the season". We paid like everyone else for a 2 week holiday but feel we didnt get the service we should have at Club Alize so my advice is dont book the last 2 week in October.....

Last year we did the same 2 weeks in Ibiza & couldnt faut it. They kept everything up & running to the bitter end. Our first experience of Turkey will probably be our last.......

Room Tip: Dont travel last weeks of October! Room 2306 was great, email in advance for pool view request!
1  Thank salmalcolm
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I too have been holding off leaving a review as I didn't want to be the only one to mention certain things!

I'll start with the Hotel overall. The hotel is clean on first looks and the cleaners really do a good job of cleaning the rooms every day and are very polite, friendly and full of smiles. We encountered no problems with the bar staff (as previously read), in particular about the lady behind the bar being rude but I found her very friendly and chatty and very polite as were all the others. The only down part is that they were always running out of blackcurrant and lime (to go with my vodka!!). The entertainment team was fab. They made an effort with everyone, always remembered people's names and actually spent time walking around and chatting with guests and getting to know them.

The entertainment isn't as it was listed on their web site. Through the day there were various games which my husband liked and pool dances which my daughter liked. Music is played around the pool which gave the place a fantastic atmosphere and I found the days flew by. BUT - the evening entertainment was shocking. Bingo every night, a few quizzes through the week then X-Factor or football on the big screen!! However, as it was a smaller hotel, everyone knew everyone so we made our own fun and that was great with us.

We found the food to be of good quality with plenty of choice, although breakfast was not very good and the kids options was not very good quality morning noon or night. If you fancy a change, it’s super cheap to eat out and there are loads of different places around the hotel and even more the further you venture out. Cousins Bar, which is opposite the hotel, is very good for food, drink and entertainment. Very friendly too.

The pool was great. The baby pool is sectioned off with a mushroom in the middle (which does get a bit noisy) but also has 2 small slides and the big pool also had a good slide too. We had no problems getting sun beds either.

Okay so now the negative!! There was a very nasty bug going around the hotel. I had read about it on Trip Advisor prior to going but only 2 reports so wasn’t that concerned at the time. However, it became apparent that the bug was getting more vicious day by day. So many people were getting struck by it and I would say of all the people that were there at the same time as us, at least 90% of those had caught it. My daughter, son and husband were unlucky to catch it and my husband did not leave our room for 3 days and did not eat properly for another 2 days after. I thought I had dodged it until we came home then it hit me. I could not say for certain how the germs were being spread but I think it was just a general hygiene problem throughout the hotel. Table cloths WERE being left on the tables all day and cutlery was left out overnight and again all day. The cutlery situation was sorted on our last day but that was after several people had been taken to hospital from the bug.

I also witnessed a child being sick in the baby pool but the pool was not closed for the day, just for half hour, yet no chemicals were put in before other children were allowed to use the pool again. Another child was sick near the baby pool in a bin. This was reported to the Pool staff but seemed to fall on deaf ears because it took for another guest to literally show him what had happened before any action was take. It was eventually cleaned up but no disinfectant or chemicals were used, just a hose pipe which just seemed to be making matters worse as it was just washing the sick from one place to another, even towards the baby pool and under the mats around the pool which other people would be walking on!!

I personally think that this illness could have been contained or dealt with a bit better as when I went to inform staff of my husband's illness I was given the usual "change of cooking oil and weather" speech!! I was told that they were unaware of any other illnesses on the premises, yet when I walked around the pool straight after, another 8 people had said that they had family in their rooms with the illness.

I wouldn’t say that I would never return to the hotel. If they can improve the basic hygiene and alter the entertainment program in evening, we would go back in a flash.

Even taking into account the illnesses, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. We met some lovely people and made some good memories.

Room Tip: Request a pool facing room.
1  Thank tegsypoo