“Great family fun”
Review of Club Alize

Club Alize
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently returned from an 11 night stay with our 2 children aged 3 and 8. The hotel was clean, the rooms spacious and the food fabulous. As others have commented, the kids menu is limited but my kids ate from the normal menu so this was never a problem, the variety and quality was excellent. Our room was opposite Cousins bar and although it was noisy, it didn't disturb the kids and the music went off at midnight. Unfortunately there was a lot of traffic noise all through the night so we asked to move rooms which we did the next night for £20 and this was much quieter once the hotel entertainment finished. Again there is only aircon in the bedroom but I knew this before I booked. Once we were ready to go to sleep we opened the kids bedroom door and the cool air then circulated through, cooling the living area down. I believe they are installing aircon in the living areas for next summer. The First choice kids club reps were excellent and my 3 year old loved it, my 8 year old enjoyed it too although as he is getting older he made several friends and preferred to play with them in the pool or games room. As for the entertainment team, what can I say, they are all fantastic. Engio was fab with his aqua aerobics and very funny doing the bingo, Dodo was lovely too and Sean and Jam were fab as well. Fatty was just bonkers but in a good way and had us all laughing with his crazy dancing. Tolga the lifeguard was also lovely and helped my little boy lots as he plucked up courage to go down the water slide. My husband and I had a massage and Turkish bath in the hotel for about 45 pounds each (including a Jacuzzi) we thought this was good value as we were in there for over 2 hours and it was very good. I also had a tattoo done on site (my first) and it was excellent. All in all a great fun holiday.I would definitely go again although the hotel is quite busy and space is limited round the pool so Ideally I would like somewhere we could spread out a bit more next year.

Room Tip: Pool rooms best although you can hear the entertainment until it finishes as Windows do not provide...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,873)

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff, great holiday.
Entertainment team are amongst the craziest hardworking bunch of guys I have ever met.
Food was of five star standard.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great holiday in Marmaris..

Reviewed 8 September 2013

First of all I will say it is a bit of a treck getting there. You have the flight time plus 1hr 30min transfer but everything went smooth with no hitches.
I travelled with my sister and 2 sons 9 and 16.
The hotel is very friendly and the staff work so hard to keep the place spotless, They do a fantastic job and deserve all the tips they should get! Especially the maids. If u leave a lil tip you will get fresh towels and linen daily :)
It was the food and cleanliness reviews that clinched it for me but to be honest I found the food very bland! The deserts looked amazing but they too were tasteless. Fresh fruit and salads were always available and there always seemed to be food or cakes available just when you felt peckish. The ice cream was proper too and even though you had to queue for some things it was never for long.
The moody bar staff are not so moody when you show them a bit of respect for the constant hard work they do. Just smile and be nice and it soon catches.
Like everyone else I think its the entertainment team that makes this hotel! I didn't get involved and they never hastled you but it was so funny to watch.
I have to big up ENGIO! and FATTY and Shaun :) You guys are amazing. I just hope you all stay because the dynamics of the team is what makes the hotel extra special.
I saw some of the tattoos that the guy did in the onsite shop. He is very good. Me and my son had pearcings from him but no tats sadly.
I would never buy excursions from First Choice again after the deals I got from the local booths. I got my Turkish bath for £5 instead of the £20 from the hotel spa and they picked us up and dropped us back too!
Theres no wifi but buy a drink across the rd at Cousins and as long as your at the front of the hotel you can use it.
Yes the road side rooms are noisy. Its not good if you have small kids and the hotel always seems to put newbys in them, You then ask to be moved and if there are poolside rooms available you have to pay a £20 premium for the pleasure.
This hotel is soooo much better than a 3* The service is very good and if you have kids the daytime entertainment is great for them. The night time entertainment isn't so good but to be honest I was out shopping in Marmaris most nights lookin for anything that wasn't snide!
Its fake capital and all the hastlin can drain you at times.
I did find an amazing shop that sold some gorgeous, unusual clothes. Baggy jeans I think it was called. On the stretch of shops by the harbour but most things over there are snides.
The only thing that let the hotel down was the attitude of the rep at the hotel. I saw her cheeky replies and attitude with some of the guests. She definitely needs some more customer service training. Her attitude is not good.
I never met or saw Maria (the guest relations manager) but I did hear good things about her.
If I ever go to Marmaris again with the kids I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Definitely a pool view if you have young children. Tip the maids and get more clean towels. It saves...
1  Thank melba f
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just returned home today and me and my fiancee are so depressed because Club alize was the best experience ever !! The hotel is 5 star all the way . the cleanliness is outstanding the staff are amazing especially the entertainers they are the best Fatty, Sean, Jam ect !! The rooms are 5 star , the food is outstanding everything about this hotel is fantastic . We stayed there for a week and we wanted to stay longer and when we departed the hotel last night the hotel entertainment staff was there to see us off . i would recommend Club Alize to anybody in the world and will definitely be returning next year . All i want to say is thank you so much Club Alize for the best holiday me and fiancee ever had Thank You !! J.Boler F.Phillips

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just returned home missing the place already hotel is amazing very helpful and friendly nothing is to much trouble clean throughout, holiday rep was also helpful food was fantastic and very well presented 5 stars got to go to the hotel and the entertainment they were amazing fatty engio dodo kids missing them already will be returning

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the club alize from the 26th August to the 3rd of September 2013.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning and checked in quickly which was greatly appreciated.
The bedrooms are basic but have food making facilities as it used to be a self catered property. Although basic, the rooms are immaculately clean! Only 2 of us stayed in the room but if someone had to stay on the pull out beds their night would have been very uncomfortable as there in no air conditioning in the lounge area, only in the bedroom.
The pool was a good size for the hotel and the entertainment was great for young kids in the daytime, although you constantly heard the first choice rep offering kids club activities at a price! Which I thought was wrong. One thing which I can point out as a negative would be they start clearing sun beds away at 5 making u move to the upper deck, this wasn't a problem for us as we went here anyway as the sun stays there longer.
We never stayed in for the entertainment at night as you are literally a 5 minute walk to the Main Street with just a 15minute walk to the centre. We once caught the end of the comedy show which I should say looked and sounded terrible!
The food was great for a Turkish hotel! Every other day eggs bacon sausage tomatoes and mushrooms were available for breakfast! There was a 'snack bar' always available at dinner time which served pizza nuggets chips burgers etc for fussy eaters although we never used this! There was a good variety of food always rice chips and pasta and they a few choices of meats! What I did find really good about the hotel was that there was a wide range of fruit which usually it is only melon in Turkish hotels. The deserts were also good, I would advise to taste not judge with your eyes and have a try of everything
One thing I can point out as a negative would be that no one informed us that ice cream is free from 3-5 each day and also there was no cocktail menu.
We only got picked up at 10 o'clock at night on check out day so we wanted to book the room for a late checkout, which it was advertised that we could do until 6pm when we went to do this they told us that someone else was checking in our room at 5 so we could only stay until 4 for the same price - £20 or get another room, I wasn't happy with this as there was no point moving to another room as it was too much hassle we decided to use the hotels faculties and vacate our room at 12 and use the wash room and luggage room! The luggage room got locked every time someone put their bags in which put my mind at rest and the wash room faculties were great a proper shower and bathroom which you could use for yourselves and lock it.
Overall a good holiday we paid 560 each for 1 week which for a 3 star I would say was abit expensive but I would recommend the hotel and if I wanted to go to marmaris again I would book this.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just arrived back after spending 2 weeks at the Alize from 19th August. Firstly I need to commend the staff who work there, they work so hard! The hotel itself is spotless and the staff are constantly cleaning. Our room was cleaned daily . The food menu I think was varied at all times and was lovely, except for the kids menu which was always the same thing every day but my 7 year old chose from the main buffet most of the time. The day time entertainment was fun and my children loved it, the evening though was poor and I found myself wanting to go outside of the hotel which I feels defeats the object of going all inclusive......I mean who wants to play bingo every night!!

The pool is quite small in catering for the amount of holiday makers and you found yourself being kicked in the face, sprayed with water guns or trampled on by a lilo whilst in the pool. You have to get up at daft o'clock to get a sun lounger which we were prepared to do as we were travelling with young children so up early anyway.

I am a down to earth person and consider myself to be social, but at times I did feel I was staying in a Pontins holiday camp, some holiday makers drank all day which is fine as this is their choice but kids would run amock and a few times whilst I was there I witnessed some arguements which is not something you wish to encounter on holiday.

I liked Marmaris itself although was disapointed in the beach and felt the resort in general was a bit in your face for me. I loved Icmeler and frequently got the water taxi there and found this resort a bit more sedate so would easily holiday there in the future.!!