“Great Hotel!”
Review of Club Alize

Club Alize
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great hotel, staff and entertainment lads were a crazy hard working bunch. My son had a good time with the entertainment staff and there was always something to do. The hotel was always clean and tidy and would recommend it to any family looking for a holiday in Marmaris. The food was excellent, with plenty of choice.

Thank you for a fantastic holiday from my family, 2 adults and a 16 year old.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Arrived in the early hours of the morning and we were given a room near the lifts and opposite cousins bar. This was too noisy for us and we could hardly sleep because of the traffic. Rather than complain all holiday we paid £20 and were moved to room 2505 which was on the top floor right at the end overlooking the pool. Well worth the money. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean and the maid was very friendly. Having said that the hotel was kept clean by a whole army of people, especially around the pool by guys like Ossie who would make time to talk to you.
The entertainments team Jam, Dodo, Fatty etc were there from early morning to last thing at night. They didn't just do the pool games and disappear like other hotels but would entertain and take time to know people. Which is why many people go back year after year and would be recognised straight away. The bar staff were very busy all day and it can't of been easy especially with my little lad who was at the bar constantly. Best barman by a mile was Salih as nothing was too much trouble.
The pool wasn't a huge size but looking around the resort it was bigger and better than most. I noticed an earlier comment when they talked of a girl who nearly drowned and I witnessed this. She had gone down the slide and couldn't swim, the entertainer Henry spotted it straight away and was straight in to pull her out. This was down to the parents who hadn't put arm bands on her and were not watching her. Its noisy around the pool with the number of children there but there were a number of sunbeds on the terrace. Some people did queue early for a sunbed and would be sat out at 0530 in the morning though most mornings there were still beds available at 1100.
As for the food it was amazing and the best I've ever had on any hotel that we have stopped in. The Sunday roast was fantastic with proper Yorkshire puddings. Fresh food was cooked every evening with a great selection every day. Great selection of salads and fruit as well as puddings.
The only downsides to the hotel we're no air on in the living room and no free WiFi in reception but these should be rectified for next year. You has to pay for the TV which was £15 for the fortnight but for this you had a wide selection of channels including BBC, ITV etc as well as kids channels and a number of sports ones. Much better than most hotels where all you get is a couple of news channels in English and the rest are foreign.
We did the trips with first choice however next time we would use the local tourism places which were a lot cheaper. If you like history then Ephesus is a must, even my six year old loved exploring it. The family cruise was good value and included food and drink and gave lots of opportunity to swim and snorkel. DVDs on the boat were cheaper than the hotel at 7 for £10 where as you only got 5 at the hotel. Turkey is the land of fake.
Beach is about a ten minute walk away and there is a McDonalds only five minutes away.
Overall a brilliant place to stop. Cannot recomend enough.

Room Tip: Rooms 2505 to 2508 were nice and quiet with a pool view
1  Thank derek s
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently returned from an 11 night stay with our 2 children aged 3 and 8. The hotel was clean, the rooms spacious and the food fabulous. As others have commented, the kids menu is limited but my kids ate from the normal menu so this was never a problem, the variety and quality was excellent. Our room was opposite Cousins bar and although it was noisy, it didn't disturb the kids and the music went off at midnight. Unfortunately there was a lot of traffic noise all through the night so we asked to move rooms which we did the next night for £20 and this was much quieter once the hotel entertainment finished. Again there is only aircon in the bedroom but I knew this before I booked. Once we were ready to go to sleep we opened the kids bedroom door and the cool air then circulated through, cooling the living area down. I believe they are installing aircon in the living areas for next summer. The First choice kids club reps were excellent and my 3 year old loved it, my 8 year old enjoyed it too although as he is getting older he made several friends and preferred to play with them in the pool or games room. As for the entertainment team, what can I say, they are all fantastic. Engio was fab with his aqua aerobics and very funny doing the bingo, Dodo was lovely too and Sean and Jam were fab as well. Fatty was just bonkers but in a good way and had us all laughing with his crazy dancing. Tolga the lifeguard was also lovely and helped my little boy lots as he plucked up courage to go down the water slide. My husband and I had a massage and Turkish bath in the hotel for about 45 pounds each (including a Jacuzzi) we thought this was good value as we were in there for over 2 hours and it was very good. I also had a tattoo done on site (my first) and it was excellent. All in all a great fun holiday.I would definitely go again although the hotel is quite busy and space is limited round the pool so Ideally I would like somewhere we could spread out a bit more next year.

Room Tip: Pool rooms best although you can hear the entertainment until it finishes as Windows do not provide...
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff, great holiday.
Entertainment team are amongst the craziest hardworking bunch of guys I have ever met.
Food was of five star standard.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great holiday in Marmaris..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

First of all I will say it is a bit of a treck getting there. You have the flight time plus 1hr 30min transfer but everything went smooth with no hitches.
I travelled with my sister and 2 sons 9 and 16.
The hotel is very friendly and the staff work so hard to keep the place spotless, They do a fantastic job and deserve all the tips they should get! Especially the maids. If u leave a lil tip you will get fresh towels and linen daily :)
It was the food and cleanliness reviews that clinched it for me but to be honest I found the food very bland! The deserts looked amazing but they too were tasteless. Fresh fruit and salads were always available and there always seemed to be food or cakes available just when you felt peckish. The ice cream was proper too and even though you had to queue for some things it was never for long.
The moody bar staff are not so moody when you show them a bit of respect for the constant hard work they do. Just smile and be nice and it soon catches.
Like everyone else I think its the entertainment team that makes this hotel! I didn't get involved and they never hastled you but it was so funny to watch.
I have to big up ENGIO! and FATTY and Shaun :) You guys are amazing. I just hope you all stay because the dynamics of the team is what makes the hotel extra special.
I saw some of the tattoos that the guy did in the onsite shop. He is very good. Me and my son had pearcings from him but no tats sadly.
I would never buy excursions from First Choice again after the deals I got from the local booths. I got my Turkish bath for £5 instead of the £20 from the hotel spa and they picked us up and dropped us back too!
Theres no wifi but buy a drink across the rd at Cousins and as long as your at the front of the hotel you can use it.
Yes the road side rooms are noisy. Its not good if you have small kids and the hotel always seems to put newbys in them, You then ask to be moved and if there are poolside rooms available you have to pay a £20 premium for the pleasure.
This hotel is soooo much better than a 3* The service is very good and if you have kids the daytime entertainment is great for them. The night time entertainment isn't so good but to be honest I was out shopping in Marmaris most nights lookin for anything that wasn't snide!
Its fake capital and all the hastlin can drain you at times.
I did find an amazing shop that sold some gorgeous, unusual clothes. Baggy jeans I think it was called. On the stretch of shops by the harbour but most things over there are snides.
The only thing that let the hotel down was the attitude of the rep at the hotel. I saw her cheeky replies and attitude with some of the guests. She definitely needs some more customer service training. Her attitude is not good.
I never met or saw Maria (the guest relations manager) but I did hear good things about her.
If I ever go to Marmaris again with the kids I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Definitely a pool view if you have young children. Tip the maids and get more clean towels. It saves...
1  Thank melba f
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just returned home today and me and my fiancee are so depressed because Club alize was the best experience ever !! The hotel is 5 star all the way . the cleanliness is outstanding the staff are amazing especially the entertainers they are the best Fatty, Sean, Jam ect !! The rooms are 5 star , the food is outstanding everything about this hotel is fantastic . We stayed there for a week and we wanted to stay longer and when we departed the hotel last night the hotel entertainment staff was there to see us off . i would recommend Club Alize to anybody in the world and will definitely be returning next year . All i want to say is thank you so much Club Alize for the best holiday me and fiancee ever had Thank You !! J.Boler F.Phillips

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just returned home missing the place already hotel is amazing very helpful and friendly nothing is to much trouble clean throughout, holiday rep was also helpful food was fantastic and very well presented 5 stars got to go to the hotel and the entertainment they were amazing fatty engio dodo kids missing them already will be returning

• Stayed: August 2013