“Amazing holiday!!!”

Ranked #13 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

got back yesterday and none of the family wanted to come home xx the hotel was clean the food was great and they provided plenty of choice and even had a kids only buffet. The staff made the holiday from the cleaners to bar staff and waiters everyone just couldn't be friendlier. Big shout out to doe doe, fatty, jam, oz man, and lily they were the entertainment team and were fantastic xx Close to the harbour and beach good location just a great holiday experience and am planning on returning soon xx

Room Tip: email ahead and ask for a pool view xx
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Davina H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I can't speak highly enough about this place. The staff could not do enough so helpful and always in good form not a grumpy face in sight, the food was lovely and plenty of choice. When I got to the airport I realised I did not have my hand bag PANIC STATIONS I phoned the hotel they were amazing they checked the room immediately it was not there, so they phoned the taxi company that dropped us to the airport the driver pulled over and checked the bus and came back with it, he was a half hour away, there honesty blew me away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ailsling D
Banbury
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our second visit in two years to Club Alize and as last year found the hotel to be outstanding. The food, staff and cleanliness cant be faulted in any way and we found all staff bent over backwards to be friendly and accomodating. Unfortunately though we will not be choosing to return due to a high ratio of a certain type of guest who choose to holiday there.
Screaming out of control kids are the norm causing chaos completely ignored by large groups of parents more interested in chain smoking and getting drunk than keeping any kind of control over what they are doing. The language frequently being bellowed at full volume is not what i want my young children listening too in a supposed family hotel.
Its such a shame that such an excellent hotel is spoiled by this and that the actions of alot of the guests seem to be dragging the atmosphere down.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank barbie_girl1980
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Well, it was our 3rd visit in 5 years, nothing much had changed from the last visit however it is now time to hang up the boots as it has now worn off. The hotel staff are as usual fantastic, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We used every service from having a tattoo, hair brading, Turkish bath and Turkish shave, I would recommend them all.
Personally I would never book any trips with your tour provider as you can get them a lot cheaper elsewhere from a lot of trip sales agents but haggle every price!!
The free wifi was a gripe with it only being available around the pool or reception but worked well.
My only concern was the type and variety of food for the meals we had, I know alot of meals are Turkish dishes but not something you could sell to a hotel full of English people! Chips chips and more chips available from 11am to 9pm! The deserts are set out well but again not knowing what any of them are as nothing had a description on.
The kids meals are the same pretty much every lunch time and evening but I guess the price you pay then you can't complain.
Exchanging your English money, I would do this in Turkey, you can get a excellent rate but not at your hotel! We got 3.6 lira from a operator along the front.
The only reason I never have this a 5 was because of the amount of smoke around when you have a 5 month old and 4 year old was not a nice atmosphere however there was seating inside until 9pm.
The entertainment was great, Fatty and Fido were amazing as per usual, great guys trying to get everyone involved.
But not the same without Jengas who left but overall I would recommend if your on a budget and don't mind what you eat. Next year it will be Greece for me.......

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dave S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

From what I can gather, views on Marmaris itself are divided, but lean towards the negative. I find it hard to disagree, but will focus on the hotel - if you like Marmaris, I think you could do a whole lot worse than staying here. The photos we had seen actually don't do it justice. Staff are very friendly and pleasant, and I would like to think not just because tipping is huge in Turkey..! The location is good for the main street, beach, water park (all within easy walking distance), but seemed a bit quiet/isolated when walking out at night.

The rooms are nice enough, spacious, and come equipped with heating (yes, we did use it in May!!)/air con, hair dryer, fridge, hob, towels for at the pool and a TV for which you can buy very reasonable packages. The safe is in a room next to the reception, which at first seems odd (they have a master key and you keep your key - both need to be used in conjunction), but actually works out fine. For a change, we had a double bed (or even king size?) instead of twin beds, which was a bonus. We stayed far away from the pool in order to minimise noise; nice idea had it not been for an Alsation barking all hours in the grounds of the next hotel. But generally, we had a good sleep quality.

There are various little businesses within the hotel (tattoo artist, a couple of shops including one selling the mandatory fake designer clothes, a hairdresser and a games room). The games room was about 50% functional which wasn't great when we had wet weather the first few days, but once the sun was out we didn't really care! There is also a spa where you can purchase various treatments, and a 'gym'. The latter was very disappointing to be honest, but when it is 35 degrees +, then maybe intensive exercise isn't the best idea.

The pool is great with no steep inclines to deep water. I think it ranged from 1 m to 1.6 m, with a separate kids pool, complete with chute. The main pool also has a chute that is open between certain times only. Kids under 3 are told, or rather their parents are told, to wear swimming nappies. This doesn't always happen though - not the fault of the hotel, but the type of person that maybe goes there (see last paragraph...). There were 3 days in a row where there were 'incidents'... One of these required the pool to be closed for treatment, but no signs were put up. When my family and I returned from a trip into town, we thought we'd have a dip to cool down... Needless to say when I found out I was furious; staff didn't seem to be too concerned but did stick up a few hastily typed signs. I was told that it is a very frequent occurrence (again, maybe indicative of the holidaymakers who frequent here), so surely they would have some kind of signs available..?

There is entertainment from around 10.00 until 23.00, with a couple of breaks. At times it can be a bit too much, perhaps if you want to relax by the pool (!) but some of the guys are great fun. The evening entertainment is the same every night until later on, at which point there is some variety. After 2 weeks, this became very tedious, but some people may love it. I would suggest avoiding the 'comedy' show though. Apart from being as funny as a hernia, it does cross certain lines. I am far from P.C., but there were several times where I winced - whether it was the homophobic comments, boot polish on the face, 'joke' acts in which pretend babies were stabbed... One to avoid.

The kids club, run by Thomson staff, is really good. All the girls are very friendly and the kids loved it.

I have saved the best for last. The food. It is great, and easily the best I have had on holiday. At all meal times there is a choice of freshly cooked food from the grill area next to the bar, or food from the indoor area (more to follow on that...). The hot snacks (chicken burgers, nuggets, rolls etc) are available from late in the morning and are delivered to your sun lounger! There is also a section with exquisitely made little morsels, and a selection of beautifully carved fruit. There was not a single meal where I struggled to find something very nice to eat. If you have fussy kids though, their selection is perhaps a bit limited. You can choose to eat indoors, in the covered seated area outside, or in the uncovered area, slightly further out (though no tables are put there when it's raining), which brings me on to the main down side of my experience...

...As a non smoker, I like to breathe in fairly fresh air (and I like my kids not to be overly exposed to the poisonous stench) - I know, how selfish of me. In cases where there were no tables available in the uncovered section, and after the indoor section had shut, it was like we had gone through a time warp to the 80's - I have never encountered so many smokers in one place at the same time. All the smoke just collected in the covered area - it was awful! Each to their own though, so moving on, there were quite a few families who had absolutely no control over their kids, or even any interest in what they were doing/where they were, on their 'family holiday'. There were a lot of semi-feral kids running everywhere, kicking footballs onto tables, stealing inflatables etc. This can't be a slight on the hotel, as it is not their responsibility to bring children up, but again, maybe shows what sort of people (NOT REFERRING TO ALL PEOPLE THERE) holiday here in higher numbers than would be expected... In summary, despite me listing some negatives, if you are considering Marmaris, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rednap36
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I must state I am suprised at the negative reviews on here of Club Alize as my husband, my step son and myself (i am also 3 months pregnant aswell) have just returned from 2 weeks of fun, happiness and fond memories of the place!

CLEANLINESS AND ROOMS
Might I add that I am an OCD clean freak and I was amazed at how clean the staff all keep this place. I recall once seeing a youmg child accidently knocked his food on the floor, accidently tipped his drink everywhere and the plate smashed on the floor (as kids do) and the staff took no time at all to sort it out...there was one member of staff sweepimg the food and smashed plate up while the other sorted the split drink out on the table changing the cloths in a matter of minutes -all with smiles on their faces.
So the restaurant and buffet was spotless. The rooms were a tiny bit dusty(then again I am ocd), but very clean. The pool area was constantly being cleaned and pool also clean.
Yes you do have to pay for tv in your room, however why would you bother when you are on holiday surely you can do that when you get back home?? And there is a kitchen in the room with a few plates and cups in cupboards ...but the hotel is all inclusive so if you arent using it why complain about it as its in the corner of the room taking up no space. The beds for kids are similar to that of a sofa bed in the living room, so if you do want to use the living room you still can!

ENTERTAINMENT
the entertainment staff were lovely, fun and great with kids, families and couples. The night time entertainment was great for kids (mini disco) and adults later in the evening with a few games even the kids could join in with. A range if activities are offered throughout the day water polo, lilo races, water aerobics, darts, pool, etc.

FOOD
Baring in mind I am pregnant so couldnt eat a lot of the food (fish etc so that shows how much variety there is) it was fantastic. There was always a variety for everyones tastes and they even do a sunday dinner on sundays! The mashed potatoes are scrummy!! Kids meals are the same most nights of the chips, pasta, chicken nuggets, fish fingers, spag bol but I dont see how that could be an issue for people as if they dont want to eat the kids buffet surely you would just let them eat off they other buffet as there is loads to choose from??
The breakfast, lunch and snacks menu were great, and no one can complain about variety. They always had somethimg for everyone, veg, fruit, puddings, currys, potatoes, meats, cheeses, fish etc.

All in all a 10 out of 10 for this hotel we will definitely be returning thank you to all the staff you are doing a fantastic job
Love from the Jolly family

All in all the hotel was lovely and clean

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lauren Grace J
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in May and thought the hotel and all it's staff we're excellent from the reception to the waiting and bar staff to the cleaners and the ever present hard working entertainment team. The hotel itself was immaculate and the rooms cleaned daily, double bed wasn't the best but for 2 weeks manageable so can't complain really. From our experience of all inclusive the food was fantastic, expected chicken every meal like our previous Turkey holiday but had a cracking choice and variation every meal including steak and an absolutely fantastic beef dinner on Sunday . There was plenty to drink but could probably do with a detailed drinks menu for what you are actually allowed as some of the bar staff don't speak great English and struggle when the bar manager is off. Any problems or queries and Maria(guest relations) is there to sort it out . We had a great time and are already looking to book again for next, highly recommend .

• Stayed May 2014