“It's what you make it!”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #208 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 22 August 2012

It was my second time in Marmaris. I went with my boyfriend. The hotel itself is okey, nice pool area. The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect (close to the beach and easy to get to the bar street, shopping etc). The food wasn't that bad, really healthy (I lost half a stone, during my 7 days stay, yay!) There was a buffet, a lot of fruit and veg. There were always hot meals served, for example fish. There was a lot of chips,pasta etc. However, the snacks weren't that nice, besides the cake. The rooms were not that great, but my boyfriend and I didn't spend that much time in our room so it's okey.But our friends who we met, had an amazing room, which shows that it's not all that bad. The air conditioning wasn't great either, when you go to sleep it would take a really long time until you could feel the breeze but then in the morning it was freezing. The shower water had a funny taste, like chloride, which was disgusting. The housekeeping ladies were lovely and cleaned the rooms well, however, only if you give them a generous tip, otherwise they are not too bothered. The alcohol in the hotel, (especially vodka) is really bad quality. I would only have one drink and be sick all night. Therefore, I would highly recommend that you stick only to beer and wine and if you fancy something stronger, get it from the shop. One more thing that bothered me the most, there were loads of drama going on. People argue on the corridors, have fights (even with staff members). Swimming pools were mostly nice. If you want a place to lay down, you have to get up at as early as 6am to reserve the place with a towel, because it gets really busy later on. At some point, the poor seemed very hot and dirty and unpleasant to be in. Loads of people stay at the hotel during the day, therefore the hotel and pool area is really busy at all times.One more thing, the spa area is amazing. especially the massage. You can negotiate the price. I got a message for as little as 20 lira for an hour. I had it 3 times and it was amazing. You must try. My overall rating of the hotel would be 7/10. It's worth it's price. But don't expect miracles for the price you pay. As my boyfriend said to me on the first day when I was moaning "This place will be what you make out of it". I had a fantastic time. And if you are looking for a cheap hotel, I would recommend this one. Once you decide to stay at this hotel, there is a really good and cheap fast food place, just down the road as you walk to the beach (just in case you get fed up with the hotel food) it's called Airport take away. Chicken kebab for only 3 Lira and it's amazing. Also, there is this booking office, also down the road, opposite the hotel that does karaoke. There is a guy called Mario and he does really good and really cheap different sort of trips. He is a very honest guy, he might seem a bit strange at first. But he is a great man and he will offer you the best deals.
Hope this review is useful. Have a nice holidays.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karina280695
There are newer reviews for Club Hotel Pineta

Reviewed 21 August 2012

just came back from staying in this place for two weeks i wasnt expecting 5 star for what i payed but was at least expecting to eat maybe once or twice in the restaurant, i couldnt even enter the room its that bad. the maids are the only decent people that work in the hotel. Was told it was getting knocked down next year (not before time)

Room Tip: book the dora
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bauhausaberdeen
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I had read the reviews before booking but it was the cheapest and in my budget. Didn't expect a Palace but thought it would've been better. My room not too bad really but the bathroom a disgrace! The shower curtain was black and bits of the tile area were mouldy too. Didn't have a nice out look on balcony was about 5m poss 10m from the balcony opposite. Wasn't appealing at all. The food was Turkish so I struggled, felt sorry for people with young kids as not much to tempt them. WORSE THE DINNING ROOM HAD NO PROPER AIR CON, only fans and a couple of units at one end, it was not something any of our party looked forward too. There would also been some safety issues with pool area and cleanliness of some of the public areas. Not surprised this property isn't featured in any Tour Operator brochure none of them would touch it with a barge pole. Pros - Rooms had air con, pool area good size and location. We got what we paid for so just got on with it and laughed it off. Won't be back though.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We booked a relatively cheap holiday for some summer sunshine (given the British summer) and were extremely anxious after reading reviews on here!
This was our first time to Marmaris and to Turkey. The weather was incredible - 45+ degrees daily - just what we went for.
The hotel room was adequate, it was cleaned daily and we also received clean towels daily. The maid was pleasant, they all were, and helpful. The rooms and communal areas inside the hotel are in need of a little renovation. The grounds of the hotel were lovely, spacious, two pools and lots of sunshine and shade (depending on what you wanted at different times of the day). There was mini golf, table tennis, pool, trampolining, tennis, internet, x box - all for a supplement.
The entertainment staff were just that (entertaining!), friendly and fun, without being in your face. There was very little evening entertainment to speak of but they did offer the opportunity for you to join them to Bar Street (bars and clubs) each evening and Beach Party on Thurs and Sun - again for a supplement and then of course drinks etc would need to be paid for.
The bar staff in the hotel were a little miserable and we found it very frustrating that they claimed to have run out of ice by 7pm - I mentioned this to the reception staff who sorted it quickly and quietly. It was also a little frustrating that we only had glasses in the restaurant and plastic cups elsewhere! This is an area which could be vastly improved by paying just a little more attention to detail - smily, friendly staff (and a few more of them), better presented bar areas, ice readily available and a few real glasses.

The food at breakfast and lunchtimes was good - I particularly loved the fresh fruit, salad, herbs and dishes containing courgettes, aubergines and different pulses, my children loved the freshly cooked pancakes, fried eggs and omelette and my husband enjoyed the different cheeses on offer. We all thought the bread on offer was wonderful - crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. We enjoyed soaking up some of the Turkish culture with the different types of dishes on offer. Our main criticism of the food was the evening meal when different meats and fish would have been welcomed (there was fried mackerel every fourth or fifth evening and pieces of chicken at the same frequency but in the mean time the 'main dish' on offer tended to be some form of processed meat eg meatballs, nugget type dishes or fried breadcrumbed chicken dishes. I know we didnt pay for fillet steaks but I think more appealing alternatives could have been on offer. We ate out in the evening on about five occasions, three of these were in restaurants - Mr Ali's and Three Brothers on the main beach front come highly recommended by us, Emporium is nearer to the hotel and offers set three course meals for a good price but doesnt offer the same quality as those on the front. We also had a couple of nights where we just walked down the road and had a donor kebab (either chicken or lamb) These were great, the better one being at the Airport Take Away with the chicken kebab costing just over £1!
Antonio is a superstar, very pleasant and polite. He promotes teh Turkish Bath on site, which, by the way is fab and very reasonable - and more private than some of the other Baths on offer. My family had the whole Turkish Bath experience on our own and didnt have to share with other people we didnt know. would definitely recommend this - and better to have it at the beginning of the holiday as the exfoliation really helps with the tan :)
There are a wide variety of trips available outside the hotel, we did two boat trips which we found to be very reasonable - would totally recommend.
Marmaris is a lively and vibrant place to visit, I am not sure I would go back to Pineta but it was nowhere near as bad as some people's reviews would have you believe on here. It would and did appear that people expect 5 * service and hotel wheen they have paid for 3*.

7  Thank clairegallie
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We have just returned from our holiday in Turkey at the Pineta Club Hotel. First, it's good points - it has a good location just a short walk away from shops, restaurants and bars. It has 3 good sized pools (1 indoor) although all of the pools are deep. Now the bad points ...... only the bedrooms have air conditioning - the main foyer and restaurant do not have air con and are too hot! In the restaurant they try to keep it cool by fans which do not work they just blow the hot air around! The food in the restaurant wasn't good and that's being kind. No labels on anything so when we ate there it was 'guess the meal'. The bedrooms were ok - lets face it you don't want to spend a great deal of time in your room but they were a bit dated and could really do with a makeover! We ate out most evenings and the local restaurants offer lots of options at reasonable cost. All inclusive drinks are great if you like flat pop or watered down beer, warm wine etc, supermarket onsite was open 24 hours a day (handy if you run out of water/drinks in the night)

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the Mosque if you don't want to be woken up at 4am every morning!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Julie F
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After reading all the reviews of this hotel I was really worried about what to expect, however, we decided to go with an open mind.

The hotel has so much potential, and has so much going for it!

The rooms are slightly outdated, decoration-wise, but they were clean and very spacious.. We ended up with a double AND a single. They all have a mini fridge, air con, and a tv.

The food was not great, but for all inclusive, you get what you pay for. There are a few restaurants down the road that are perfect for a meal outside the hotel. The hotel also has a snack bar by the pool that is open till quite late and a supermarket also open late.

The staff were great, especially the entertainment staff!

The facilities the hotel has are what gives the place so much potential. The hotel has a full sauna, gym and spa, a jacuzzi, 2 outside pools, 1 indoor pool as well as another small one in the spa, a tattoo/piercing parlour, a supermarket, fast food bar, tennis courts, 3 different bars, a games room and internet access.

Although the hotel has sauna and spa facilities, if you head down the road towards the beach, just before the crossroads there is an excursion office on the right, who does very cheap deals if you book more than one trip. We managed to get a full Turkish bath, sauna and oil massage for about £3 each. Also, opposite that office is a good bar that does really cheap breakfasts, and has a very friendly bar man (Mike) who will always chat when you walk past!

Overall I couldn't fault this hotel, the staff were so friendly and the hotel has absolutely nothing wrong with it, apart from its in need of a bit of a refurbishment. Unless you pay for five star, you won't get five star!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

well everyone has different expectations of all inc hotel but i must say food was disgusting.has no air conditioning in dining area very uncomfortable . ive been back 2 weeks from a 1 week stay and i am just feeling better in myself now.only ate few times in dining area not much choice but understand turkish ,i also think should cater for all nationalities that pay to use hotel.i vomited all the time i was their and on return home,we were also given rooms old side hotel however after complaining got moved to block C def the best side .i do think they should lose carpets from rooms very un hygeinic.hotel def needs tlc. overall we made the best of a bad situation, pool was nice kids had fun .my advice book another hotel, or find out yourself and waste your money.

Room Tip: block C faces pool area and this is their updated rooms in their fashion.DEF BEST SIDE.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel
#5 of 27 in Armutalan
Almena Hotel
Almena Hotel
#173 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!