“We got what we expected for a cheap deal!”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #208 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have just returned from Pineta Club Hotel in Marmaris, (not to be confused with Pineta Park which is down the road!) after reading the reviews on here I had concerns about the hotel we booked.
The flights were smooth, we arrived at 5am, check in was very efficient. Our room was on the first floor, we had 2 single beds, there was a small wardrobe with a few hangers, (remember to take your own) the room and bathroom were clean. The beds were quite hard with a very thin pillow, although I’m sure reception would give more. The walls are quite thin so you can hear cleaners and people talking! There was also free air con in the room! Turkey’s plumbing system is not very good, toilet roll cannot be flushed but the cleaners change the bins daily. The sun beds were taken quite quickly in the morning, the entertainment team encourage everyone to get involved with activities such as morning stretches, pool games and dancing lessons, we politely declined everyday and were then left in peace. The entertainment team were very friendly and worked very long days but were always enthusiastic. It was quite poor in the evening, offering bingo, karaoke and a quiz, however it was the start of the season. A couple of the restaurant staff were quite rude but the majority of staff were very helpful and friendly. There are three large pools, the deepest remained very cold, I was able to stay in for 2 lengths before my feet turned numb! Was quite refreshing in the heat though! One side of the hotel faces a mosque, you can hear it at times but it did not bother us. I think people forgot it is part of the religion in Turkey, also the music playing near the pools was louder!!
The food was quite repetitive, there was chicken, fish, rice, vegetables and chips, large salad bar and lots of fresh bread, sponge cake (topped with chocolate, banana and strawberry ice cream sauce) oranges and apples for dessert after lunch and dinner. We only made breakfast once- toast, pancakes, eggs, beans and sausages on offer as well as cereals. Food was luke warm even when arriving as soon as the restaurant opened! Breakfast was 7.30-10am, lunch was 12-2pm, snack bar at the pool was 2.30-4pm cake was available at 4.30pm, dinner was 7-9pm. The staff started to pack the food away 15 mins before closing time! There are 3 bars throughout the hotel, serving local spirits and beer, local versions of sprite, orange fanta, coke etc. There is also tea, coffee, water (bottled) orange juice, cherry juice available. There is a small shop which is well stocked, ice cream costing a few pounds. There is also a spa suite, hairdressers and tattoo parlour on site.
The beach is 10 mins walk away, the harbour was about half an hour stroll, we walked along the beach front where the bars were, we understood they were just doing their job, but it became tiresome declining every offer for food or drinks! For a large bottle of local beer, it was about 5 lira, roughly £2.50, spirit and mixer was 9 lira, about £4.50, we thought this was quite expensive, however the measures were about half and half, we actually has to ask for more coke with the malibu!! Ladies beware of the men-they are outrageous flirts and will flatter you with compliments to encourage you to carry on spending in their bars, they are also very forward so please take care of each other especially after a few drinks!!
There is a bus to Marmaris harbour for 2 lira (£1) each way which takes 10 mins, from our hotel the next town of Icmeler was over an hours’ walk or 15 mins on the bus for 4 lira (£2) each way. Thomas Cook offered excursions, if you walk outside of the hotel local businesses offer the same excursions for 1/3 of the price, obviously it is to ones’ discretion which company you use, we did not do any but other holiday makers said the boat trips, mud baths and markets were good.
I would not say this hotel is 4* but it was ideal for the holiday we wanted, we got a very cheap deal and were satisfied with the hotel. Probably wouldn’t return to this hotel or Marmaris but we met some great people who made the holiday fun!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Club Hotel Pineta

Reviewed 25 April 2009

We paid £700 for 2 adults all inclusive for 2 weeks what more can i say?? Fantastic weather ,great company , hotel staff very friendly and helpful, room was basic but clean, tidy and great pool view. Food plentiful, drinks available from 10am to midnight and were given gracious measures. I had read the reviews before going and was worried. I would like to say that we heard a number of people moaning about the food, chicken and fish, casseroles,burgers, hot dogs,chips,jackets,salads, soups, breads, rice,pasta,cakes, fruit, cheese and all the usual foreign style food that you expect when you travel out of the UK. What else would they want to eat? I'm sure that some people complain for the sake of it. It gives the british holiday maker a bad name. We got fed up of listening to them. Please try the hotel for yourself and don't believe all the bad reviews.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PontefractDeb
Reviewed 18 April 2009

food at this hotel was atrocious, leftovers at lunch were redressed and served at dinner no im not kidding we were all inclusive we only had about 4 meals altogether we ate out it was safer, reps were inundated with food complaints, also cleaning was not good,sockets hanging out of walls, on one occassion we were not allowed to have our meal in the restaurant (due to a turkish wedding) we had to eat at the poolside bar , the rooms were basic not much room for clothes we had only 5 hangers in total, getting back to the food it was always cold , even saw lukewarm chicken being put into fridges,this hotel has a 4 star rating i would only give it 1 star. ive just got back and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Myself and my girlfiend along with 5 other couples from our work went along to this hotel in 06. I didnt know what to expect as I had never been to the country. I have 1 word for this resort "GREAT". The staff were brilliant and the pool side was a good laugh and clean all the time. The rooms are what you expect from any eatern european 4 star. Very basic and clean. As of you people out there who say they are disgusting they must be a very very low majority of the rooms as there were 6 couples and I was in every room and evryone was sparking clean. You are clearly just expecting the Ritz or something like that. The evening entertainment was fun as they get the crowd involved. As for the food we didnt eat in the hotel. We found a GREAT restaurant at the bottom of the street. You come out the main entrance of the hotel and head down the small street infront of you until you get to the main road and turn left. Its the 2nd restaurant along and I think it was called Sandazaas or something like that. The owner stands outside looking very smart and they are very polite inside and the food is AMAZING. Trust me I go somewere different every year like Bulgaria, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Austrailia, Czech Republic and America and I will tell you I loved Turkey.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed 17 February 2009

O dear this hotel is not even good i would say its just about livable. we moved apartments four times for various reasons such as the door wouldnt lock or shut the shower door fell off in out hands and the response from the hotel staff was crap and unhelpful. The cleaners are friendly but we wernt taking any chances we heard things got stolen so we got a safe. As for the food OMG TERRIBLE people from 3rd world would think it was good but trust me all we ate was chips or ate out. Ever heard of salad for breakfast? lol. if your a bunch of teens and not bothered and are just gonna trash the place anyway this is ideal for you. HAPPY HOLIDAYS HAHA!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 21 January 2009

We stayed at the Pineta in May 2007 for 2 weeks. There were 8 in our party, aged from 2 - 60 years old and we all had a fab time.
The rooms are basic, but clean. We had maid service every day with clean bedding and towels. The food was what you would expect for an all inclusive, but there was lots of choice and it wasn't that bad. the staff in the hotel were fantastic. They could not do enough for you. The pool areas were lovely and clean.
I was sold this holiday as a 3 star, which i think is about right. The people complaining obviously want to pay 3 star but get 5 star. I don't know what their problem is with the place. I will definately be going back.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 6 November 2008

My boyfriend and I were desperate for a last minute holiday at a cheap price. We found the Pineta on the net and booked immediately. I made the mistake of checking trip advisor which featured loads of holiday horror stories, so we were prepared for a terrible time. However on arriving at 1.30am we were quickly and efficiently shown our room, nothing special, but clean and tidy. Breakfast we great, plenty of choice- lovely melon and fresh bread. Pool area large, plenty of sun beds, pool lovely and clean. Staff were lovely, especially the entertainment staff. Had fab weather 30 degrees for 2 of the days. Not a cloud in the sky. Lunch time and evening meals were ok, plenty of choice lovely salads, very nice fish on two of the nights. I only ever saw 2 cats while I was there and never inside the building!! As many people have said you get what you pay for. The hotel was cheap and cheerful. Turkey is a lovely country with lovely people. It made me so angry that one man had the cheak to complain (very loudly) that he had been woken up by the mosque. I mean how rude o the Turkish people to disrespct some jumped up englishman on his hold!! We're in Turkey therefore we should respect their religion. All on all a fab hol, we're going back next year!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Deanoo17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel
#5 of 27 in Armutalan
Almena Hotel
Almena Hotel
#173 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!