“A typical Turkish hotel, good for the money.”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #204 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Northampton uk
“A typical Turkish hotel, good for the money.”
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I arrived home this morning and would like to say well done to KatieLeicester, a very good review. I agree with most things you have said. I went with my 2 (adult) daughters, we also arrived at 5am and when we got to our room we found we had a double and a single bed, I went to reception to explain and they offered to put an extra bed in the room straight away, even at that time of the morning. As we felt the room was to small for the extra bed we decide to wait and see the manager who gave us a another key to see if that room would be suitable, and as it was better, we moved straight away. We always managed to find something to eat everyday, yes there was a chicken dish every day but also a choice of fish, kebab meat, curry or salad. I dont think you can expect steak, beef ect for the all inclusive price you pay for two weeks at the Pineta. I will say that the
mid-day meal in the restaurant is much nicer with a better choice than in the Garden Bar. The pool area is lovely you are not all squashed around the edge of the pool you can spread out on the grass with a choice of 3 pools close by. Fifi and the animation team are great fun and do not hassle you to join in but do their best to make your holiday enjoyable. We paid 11/2 T.L. each on the dolmus to Marmaris centre and 2 T.L. to Icmelar. As a lot of reviews say, the hotel is dated and does need the shower doors refitted or replaced with curtains, plus a general touch-up but I would go back for a cheap break in the sun. I have ticked that I would recommend this hotel to a friend but I would explain very carefully the good and bad bits and most of my friends/neighbours have beeen to Turkey and have an idea what to expect.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We booked for 1 week at this hotel on an all inclusive basis.
The hotel itself is ok, not brilliant, just basic. We were given a ground floor room with a view of the pine woodland, not too bad.
The food wasn't terrible, it was like ....... Holiday camp food, very basic, bland and repetitive. The tablecloths were always dirty and we actually found a couple that were actually mouldy.
The pool area was ok except for idiotic holiday makers that, despite signs saying not to, would take glasses around the pool area. This was stupid to say the least as we saw quite a few getting blown over in the wind and breaking.
We ate out a few times and if I were to go to this hotel again, which I won't, I would go on a self catering basis and eat out all the time.
We class ourselves as easy going, never complain unless asked and accept most things when on holiday.
I do know for a fact of 2 holiday firms (one of which is one of Britains largest tour operators) are planning to remove this hotel from their brochures !

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

hull
Reviewed 29 April 2009

we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday at the pineta club hotel. The staff were very helpful . The rooms could do with a refurb, but the pool and outside areas were well maintained. The dining room was clean, but the food was monotonous , but you could usually find
something you liked . the salad bar was always good. Day time snacks were disappointing only on from 2 til 4 and didnt include ice creams.

Midlands
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have just returned from Pineta Club Hotel in Marmaris, (not to be confused with Pineta Park which is down the road!) after reading the reviews on here I had concerns about the hotel we booked.
The flights were smooth, we arrived at 5am, check in was very efficient. Our room was on the first floor, we had 2 single beds, there was a small wardrobe with a few hangers, (remember to take your own) the room and bathroom were clean. The beds were quite hard with a very thin pillow, although I’m sure reception would give more. The walls are quite thin so you can hear cleaners and people talking! There was also free air con in the room! Turkey’s plumbing system is not very good, toilet roll cannot be flushed but the cleaners change the bins daily. The sun beds were taken quite quickly in the morning, the entertainment team encourage everyone to get involved with activities such as morning stretches, pool games and dancing lessons, we politely declined everyday and were then left in peace. The entertainment team were very friendly and worked very long days but were always enthusiastic. It was quite poor in the evening, offering bingo, karaoke and a quiz, however it was the start of the season. A couple of the restaurant staff were quite rude but the majority of staff were very helpful and friendly. There are three large pools, the deepest remained very cold, I was able to stay in for 2 lengths before my feet turned numb! Was quite refreshing in the heat though! One side of the hotel faces a mosque, you can hear it at times but it did not bother us. I think people forgot it is part of the religion in Turkey, also the music playing near the pools was louder!!
The food was quite repetitive, there was chicken, fish, rice, vegetables and chips, large salad bar and lots of fresh bread, sponge cake (topped with chocolate, banana and strawberry ice cream sauce) oranges and apples for dessert after lunch and dinner. We only made breakfast once- toast, pancakes, eggs, beans and sausages on offer as well as cereals. Food was luke warm even when arriving as soon as the restaurant opened! Breakfast was 7.30-10am, lunch was 12-2pm, snack bar at the pool was 2.30-4pm cake was available at 4.30pm, dinner was 7-9pm. The staff started to pack the food away 15 mins before closing time! There are 3 bars throughout the hotel, serving local spirits and beer, local versions of sprite, orange fanta, coke etc. There is also tea, coffee, water (bottled) orange juice, cherry juice available. There is a small shop which is well stocked, ice cream costing a few pounds. There is also a spa suite, hairdressers and tattoo parlour on site.
The beach is 10 mins walk away, the harbour was about half an hour stroll, we walked along the beach front where the bars were, we understood they were just doing their job, but it became tiresome declining every offer for food or drinks! For a large bottle of local beer, it was about 5 lira, roughly £2.50, spirit and mixer was 9 lira, about £4.50, we thought this was quite expensive, however the measures were about half and half, we actually has to ask for more coke with the malibu!! Ladies beware of the men-they are outrageous flirts and will flatter you with compliments to encourage you to carry on spending in their bars, they are also very forward so please take care of each other especially after a few drinks!!
There is a bus to Marmaris harbour for 2 lira (£1) each way which takes 10 mins, from our hotel the next town of Icmeler was over an hours’ walk or 15 mins on the bus for 4 lira (£2) each way. Thomas Cook offered excursions, if you walk outside of the hotel local businesses offer the same excursions for 1/3 of the price, obviously it is to ones’ discretion which company you use, we did not do any but other holiday makers said the boat trips, mud baths and markets were good.
I would not say this hotel is 4* but it was ideal for the holiday we wanted, we got a very cheap deal and were satisfied with the hotel. Probably wouldn’t return to this hotel or Marmaris but we met some great people who made the holiday fun!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
pontefract
Reviewed 25 April 2009

We paid £700 for 2 adults all inclusive for 2 weeks what more can i say?? Fantastic weather ,great company , hotel staff very friendly and helpful, room was basic but clean, tidy and great pool view. Food plentiful, drinks available from 10am to midnight and were given gracious measures. I had read the reviews before going and was worried. I would like to say that we heard a number of people moaning about the food, chicken and fish, casseroles,burgers, hot dogs,chips,jackets,salads, soups, breads, rice,pasta,cakes, fruit, cheese and all the usual foreign style food that you expect when you travel out of the UK. What else would they want to eat? I'm sure that some people complain for the sake of it. It gives the british holiday maker a bad name. We got fed up of listening to them. Please try the hotel for yourself and don't believe all the bad reviews.

2 Thank PontefractDeb
london
Reviewed 18 April 2009

food at this hotel was atrocious, leftovers at lunch were redressed and served at dinner no im not kidding we were all inclusive we only had about 4 meals altogether we ate out it was safer, reps were inundated with food complaints, also cleaning was not good,sockets hanging out of walls, on one occassion we were not allowed to have our meal in the restaurant (due to a turkish wedding) we had to eat at the poolside bar , the rooms were basic not much room for clothes we had only 5 hangers in total, getting back to the food it was always cold , even saw lukewarm chicken being put into fridges,this hotel has a 4 star rating i would only give it 1 star. ive just got back and would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Glasgow
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Myself and my girlfiend along with 5 other couples from our work went along to this hotel in 06. I didnt know what to expect as I had never been to the country. I have 1 word for this resort "GREAT". The staff were brilliant and the pool side was a good laugh and clean all the time. The rooms are what you expect from any eatern european 4 star. Very basic and clean. As of you people out there who say they are disgusting they must be a very very low majority of the rooms as there were 6 couples and I was in every room and evryone was sparking clean. You are clearly just expecting the Ritz or something like that. The evening entertainment was fun as they get the crowd involved. As for the food we didnt eat in the hotel. We found a GREAT restaurant at the bottom of the street. You come out the main entrance of the hotel and head down the small street infront of you until you get to the main road and turn left. Its the 2nd restaurant along and I think it was called Sandazaas or something like that. The owner stands outside looking very smart and they are very polite inside and the food is AMAZING. Trust me I go somewere different every year like Bulgaria, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Austrailia, Czech Republic and America and I will tell you I loved Turkey.

• Stayed June 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park
#5 of 28 in Armutalan
Myra Hotel
Myra Hotel
#59 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!