“You get what you pay for”
Review of Club Hotel Pineta

Club Hotel Pineta
Ranked #207 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
UK
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Arrived at this hotel just in time for breakfast lol our room wasnt the greatest but you only sleep in it so not a problem unfortunately we were opposite the mosque but its a Muslim country we should respect their religion. No the food wasnt great but there was plenty of it and plenty of selection could always find something to eat. Keep in perspective what you have paid for this holiday not a fortune! Ents team were brilliant very good at their jobs not pushy but friendly and polite. Yes a turkish weding took place but there was still plenty of room I personally like to see a bit of culture! Had a cheap relaxing week in the sun which is what we went for!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brynjon
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I spent 2 weeks all inclusive at the Club Pineta - having gone through the various reviews on this hotel I decided to see for myself. I had seen various reviews about bad food and dirty rooms but arrived barely into the hotel opening and all was spic and span. The rooms were basic but bear in mind the bulk of my holiday price was the airfare which was over £240 the remainder of my holiday costs was for transfer and all inclusive accommodation. This meant that all my food, drink and rooms cost around £60 per week. Now then to complain about the state of the accommodation being a bit spartan and not gold fittings and Christy towels would be ridiculous or am I just being unreasonable here!! So setting the scene I am staying at a hotel with 4 stars on the front for £60 per week I know for a start this is not your 4 star hotel in the UK.
The facilities were good - 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool. There was a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, spa, a supermarket, hairdresser, tattoo parlour for those that wanted to be decorated, internet access, table tennis, pool, etc etc. There was also an on site jeweller. It also had conference facilities.

The two bars were well attended by everyone.

The food - I personally liked the chicken although for variety I took fish or the pizza that was on offer. I don't think I have started sprouting feathers yet. The choice of salads was excellent and although the dressings did not satisfy everyone it was all healthy. The majority of complaints I heard was that there was no English food - "....it's all foreign food.." and there I was thinking I was in Turkey!! I saw a few heading into the nearby McDonalds to tuck in there or the Best British Breakfast pub/restaurants that flourish in most overseas resorts.

Although on somedays there were logistical problems such as when there was fried eggs on the menu the staff could not fry them quickly enough. Sometimes the food was only warm and not as hot as it maybe should have been, but I did hear some people complaining food was too hot and others it was too cold the staff tried their best for a happy medium. All of the staff were friendly although some did not take too kindly at being shouted at when the customer could not get his message understood - reverting to shouting and complaining that the staff did not speak English was not appropriate.

There were a few things I was not 100% happy with but this was not down to staff or management, rather than third parties.

We met up with a number of nice people and some who were adamant they wished they had not bothered to go on the trip - I think I may have met their relatives on other cheap holidays I have had and I am sure you know them too.

All in all for around £60 per week for as much food and drink you could eat along with a clean room and bed I was extremely happy. What could I get in the UK for that?

I note a complaint below about the hotel's restaurant being closed one evening for a Turkish wedding - the food was served in the smaller restaurant/cafe on this night. I met with people from around the world who had travelled to the hotel for this wedding - the people attending the reception were courteous and not at all troublesome. I have been to many hotels around the world where weddings, funerals and conferences take over hotels - I am sure they paid well for the use of the hotel facilities. It was only one evening and I think we had chicken and fish that night anyway!!

There is a mosque nearby well very close by and there is a call to prayer broadcast several times a day from loudspeakers in the minorets. This may disturb an afternoon nap but Turkey has a majority Muslim population so I think it should be expected.

So all in all it was a good all round cheap holiday for me and the wife - I hated the journey there and back which is about the worst I could complain about but that nor the fact that Resort Hoppa did not sort out my transfers was nothing to do with Club Pineta.

For the trips out I used the little agent on the bottom right corner of the street leading from the main road to the hotel. We did the mudbath and Turtle beach, another trip which was an overnighter to Ephesus and Pammakule - both days included a lot of walking but it was a good break from the hotel and gave a bit of Roman culture thrown in.
We also used Scuba Steve (Reggie) who pops into the hotel for the Scuba diving session.

west mids
Reviewed 3 May 2009

we have just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at this hotel,befor we went we read the reviews and were very worried that we had booked 2 weeks in the hotel from hell! how wrong can you be we arrived at 6/30 am booking in was fast and we were shown to a room overlooking the main pool.The room was clean and everything worked with a double and a single bed made up with clean sheets the maid service for our time there was exeptional with clean sheets every day.
Food was a bit strange at times and it will be long time before we eat chicken again! but we could always find something to eat the soup was very good and the puds were good
there was always a good supply of fresh crusty bread and a carving knife to cut your own doorsteps.
the entertainment boys worked their socks off, but didn't badger you if you didn't want to join in, fifi was excellent always happy and lively
while we were there another couple arrived whose tour operator had gone bust and they had to pay the hotel them selves the total cost for 2 people 2 wks all inclusive was 204 pounds just think of that 51 quid to keep someone housed, fed and with all the drink they can hold for a week, if thats not value i dont know what is
while in marmaris treat your self to a trip on the dolmush to turunc, the bus leaves marmaris on the hour and reaches the main road by pineta at 10/15 mins past {look for turunc on front of bus and wave it down} the fare is 5 lira after icmelier it goes into the mountains what a ride with views to die for! the village is small and friendly with shops that will let you look with no hassle unlike marmaris or the markets.

Northampton uk
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I arrived home this morning and would like to say well done to KatieLeicester, a very good review. I agree with most things you have said. I went with my 2 (adult) daughters, we also arrived at 5am and when we got to our room we found we had a double and a single bed, I went to reception to explain and they offered to put an extra bed in the room straight away, even at that time of the morning. As we felt the room was to small for the extra bed we decide to wait and see the manager who gave us a another key to see if that room would be suitable, and as it was better, we moved straight away. We always managed to find something to eat everyday, yes there was a chicken dish every day but also a choice of fish, kebab meat, curry or salad. I dont think you can expect steak, beef ect for the all inclusive price you pay for two weeks at the Pineta. I will say that the
mid-day meal in the restaurant is much nicer with a better choice than in the Garden Bar. The pool area is lovely you are not all squashed around the edge of the pool you can spread out on the grass with a choice of 3 pools close by. Fifi and the animation team are great fun and do not hassle you to join in but do their best to make your holiday enjoyable. We paid 11/2 T.L. each on the dolmus to Marmaris centre and 2 T.L. to Icmelar. As a lot of reviews say, the hotel is dated and does need the shower doors refitted or replaced with curtains, plus a general touch-up but I would go back for a cheap break in the sun. I have ticked that I would recommend this hotel to a friend but I would explain very carefully the good and bad bits and most of my friends/neighbours have beeen to Turkey and have an idea what to expect.

• Stayed April 2009
UK
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We booked for 1 week at this hotel on an all inclusive basis.
The hotel itself is ok, not brilliant, just basic. We were given a ground floor room with a view of the pine woodland, not too bad.
The food wasn't terrible, it was like ....... Holiday camp food, very basic, bland and repetitive. The tablecloths were always dirty and we actually found a couple that were actually mouldy.
The pool area was ok except for idiotic holiday makers that, despite signs saying not to, would take glasses around the pool area. This was stupid to say the least as we saw quite a few getting blown over in the wind and breaking.
We ate out a few times and if I were to go to this hotel again, which I won't, I would go on a self catering basis and eat out all the time.
We class ourselves as easy going, never complain unless asked and accept most things when on holiday.
I do know for a fact of 2 holiday firms (one of which is one of Britains largest tour operators) are planning to remove this hotel from their brochures !

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

hull
Reviewed 29 April 2009

we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday at the pineta club hotel. The staff were very helpful . The rooms could do with a refurb, but the pool and outside areas were well maintained. The dining room was clean, but the food was monotonous , but you could usually find
something you liked . the salad bar was always good. Day time snacks were disappointing only on from 2 til 4 and didnt include ice creams.

Midlands
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have just returned from Pineta Club Hotel in Marmaris, (not to be confused with Pineta Park which is down the road!) after reading the reviews on here I had concerns about the hotel we booked.
The flights were smooth, we arrived at 5am, check in was very efficient. Our room was on the first floor, we had 2 single beds, there was a small wardrobe with a few hangers, (remember to take your own) the room and bathroom were clean. The beds were quite hard with a very thin pillow, although I’m sure reception would give more. The walls are quite thin so you can hear cleaners and people talking! There was also free air con in the room! Turkey’s plumbing system is not very good, toilet roll cannot be flushed but the cleaners change the bins daily. The sun beds were taken quite quickly in the morning, the entertainment team encourage everyone to get involved with activities such as morning stretches, pool games and dancing lessons, we politely declined everyday and were then left in peace. The entertainment team were very friendly and worked very long days but were always enthusiastic. It was quite poor in the evening, offering bingo, karaoke and a quiz, however it was the start of the season. A couple of the restaurant staff were quite rude but the majority of staff were very helpful and friendly. There are three large pools, the deepest remained very cold, I was able to stay in for 2 lengths before my feet turned numb! Was quite refreshing in the heat though! One side of the hotel faces a mosque, you can hear it at times but it did not bother us. I think people forgot it is part of the religion in Turkey, also the music playing near the pools was louder!!
The food was quite repetitive, there was chicken, fish, rice, vegetables and chips, large salad bar and lots of fresh bread, sponge cake (topped with chocolate, banana and strawberry ice cream sauce) oranges and apples for dessert after lunch and dinner. We only made breakfast once- toast, pancakes, eggs, beans and sausages on offer as well as cereals. Food was luke warm even when arriving as soon as the restaurant opened! Breakfast was 7.30-10am, lunch was 12-2pm, snack bar at the pool was 2.30-4pm cake was available at 4.30pm, dinner was 7-9pm. The staff started to pack the food away 15 mins before closing time! There are 3 bars throughout the hotel, serving local spirits and beer, local versions of sprite, orange fanta, coke etc. There is also tea, coffee, water (bottled) orange juice, cherry juice available. There is a small shop which is well stocked, ice cream costing a few pounds. There is also a spa suite, hairdressers and tattoo parlour on site.
The beach is 10 mins walk away, the harbour was about half an hour stroll, we walked along the beach front where the bars were, we understood they were just doing their job, but it became tiresome declining every offer for food or drinks! For a large bottle of local beer, it was about 5 lira, roughly £2.50, spirit and mixer was 9 lira, about £4.50, we thought this was quite expensive, however the measures were about half and half, we actually has to ask for more coke with the malibu!! Ladies beware of the men-they are outrageous flirts and will flatter you with compliments to encourage you to carry on spending in their bars, they are also very forward so please take care of each other especially after a few drinks!!
There is a bus to Marmaris harbour for 2 lira (£1) each way which takes 10 mins, from our hotel the next town of Icmeler was over an hours’ walk or 15 mins on the bus for 4 lira (£2) each way. Thomas Cook offered excursions, if you walk outside of the hotel local businesses offer the same excursions for 1/3 of the price, obviously it is to ones’ discretion which company you use, we did not do any but other holiday makers said the boat trips, mud baths and markets were good.
I would not say this hotel is 4* but it was ideal for the holiday we wanted, we got a very cheap deal and were satisfied with the hotel. Probably wouldn’t return to this hotel or Marmaris but we met some great people who made the holiday fun!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Pineta Park Deluxe Hotel
#38 of 234 in Marmaris
Almena Hotel
Almena Hotel
#173 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Hotel Pineta? Share your experiences!