“kids loved the pool”
Review of Candan Club Hotel

Candan Club Hotel
Ranked #14 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very enjoyable holiday, rooms clean and kept clean, and a decent size, and good balcony. Even found the sofa bed resonably comfortable. Ive definatly slept on worse.
Very good pool, kids really enjoyed it. Although it would have been nice to spend a day by the pool with out been bothered by the sales people. We didnt want our hair cut the first time we were asked nevermind the 50th.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel which was a good resonable priced meal.
our kids only went to kids club once as the timings did not fit in with our plan, but they enjoyed the time they did go.
We found it a little far out for our liking, It took us 20-30 minutes to walk to beach, however can recommend several of the resturants close by only 5-10 mins walk away- beverly hiils, queen vic and summer rain.

1  Thank April H

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Returned from the candan on 31st may, the previous comments about sunbeds must have been after we left as we never had a problem getting one after 9, entertainment team were great kept you going through the day... never ate at the apartments once and dint find we were being ignored by the waiters they were still pleasant to us... the apartments are nice and big we had a 2 bedroom one on the 3rd floor with a view of another hotels pool but the waiters there used acknowledge us everymorning... would return to the candan again, really enjoyed our week and could have done with another few days.....
would recommend a restaurant called flares out the candan , passed the cemetary keep following cemetary around further up the round about a 5 - 10 min walk you will find flares on the crossroads....

2  Thank ladyburn
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is the Gem of Marmaris, We travel to Turkey 3 times a year and can honestly say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in, we had a pool view room on the ground floor in block A, The hotel is cleaned every day, the staff are outstanding never to busy to talk to you and always make the effort to come and say hi, The main pool is huge with a slide which kept everyone entertained all day the main pool even has a sectioned of shallow area but there is a kids pool with little slides, The beach was a short walk say 10 minutes, The food in the restaurant was also good and the prices were not much more than surrounding places, Its a thomson exclusive hotel and must say the rep Stacey was brilliant and best rep we have encountered in the 7 years of holidaying in Turkey. All in all the best holiday by far made possible by the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: All rooms we seen were spacious and clean with lifts to all floors.
2  Thank david0801
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for 11 nights and thought it was great during the day but evenings are poor. Rooms are of good size and kitchen area is adequate. Evening entertainment is nothing more than 3rd rate Mr Candan Mrs Candan music quiz which he plays all the song cannot get less than 100%. If you eat in the hotel check your bill they try adding a bit on.i reccomend The Queen Vic good food at reasonable prices free pool and internet. If you stay at this hotel get a tattoo or you will be the only person staying without one

Room Tip: pool views have less noise from the mosque
1  Thank des c
Reviewed 5 June 2012

All in all we had a great time in turkey. The rooms are very clean and modern and are cleaned every day. The pool was great - lovely and big. I got slightly annoyed that despite having a note in our room about reserving sunbeds, the rule was never enforced meaning nearly all the sunbeds were taken by 8:00AM.

I had to go to bed at midnight every night because of the music blaring. I had no choice and even felt like going down to tell them to turn it down! As much as it's there for people to enjoy it was REALLY loud and not everyone wants to get drunk every night. Some people want to make the most of the holiday - and to me this is going to bed at 10:30 and getting up at 8 to enjoy the day.

I understand what some people wrote about the staff, to me some of them were very disinterested. In reception they were more interested in watching Turkish music videos or sitting on Facebook than helping customers.

I was becoming increasingly irritated with people in the hairdresser and the photographer. I got questioned as to why I didn't get a Turkish shave, to which I replied with a smile "I had an English shave". The photographer printed a photograph which I didn't even ask for and didn't even want. He kept hassling us to buy it but I didn't want to pay "only £4" for a poor photograph. I had to sneak out of the hotel on the way home to avoid him.

The area was fine, people said 10-15 minutes to the beach but I'd say more like 5-7 minutes. Obviously this depends on how many times you get hassled along the way but I think they could tell I was getting irritated and left me alone.

The food was average and a bit expensive. After the first day we didn't eat or drink in there. Others have said how they ignore you if you don't eat or drink in there. This is true but I couldn't care less because they weren't getting any of my money anyway.

There was a local Kipa (Tesco) store about 7 minutes away which was great for getting bread/milk/tea etc. Most people spoke English so it was just like being in my local Tesco.

I may have left other things out but I've tried to focus mainly on the hotel and the local proximity. All in all it was a great stay and I'm definitely considering visiting Marmaris again soon!

Room Tip: Get a pool view room, otherwise you might be enjoying a view of a building site!
1  Thank Raymond T
Reviewed 5 June 2012

been to marmaris 4 years and bye far this has been the best hotel yet and i will be returning next year the staff are the best cud'not ask for nicer pepole we got along with all the staff my two little sisters went to kids club witch was very good too. the hotel its self wos very clean mades come in and cleend everyday. jade,tom,martin,iam,friday.. the best staff you culd ask for a right laugh!!!!
we stayed for 11 night gots home yesterday and there wo 19 of us and no one is glad to b ome we all wont to go back CLUB CANDAN IS AMAZING!! alot going on thru the day and on the night.. i recomend it for all adges c u next year everyone:) x

1  Thank chelsea c
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have just returned from this hotel after 1 week on our first holiday in Turkey. We had a great week but did have a few gripes about the hotel.

Its spotless and the staff are constantly cleaning, picking up rubbish and every night the whole pool area gets a full and thorough clean. However, there are so many sunbeds cramped around the pool that you dont have enough room to move or even put a bag between bags. You feel quite claustrophobic. Also, we had to get up at 7.30 each morning to get a sunbed even though there is a notice in the room to say that anyone reserving beds will have towles confiscated. One family put towels out first thing and didnt even come to the pool! Its really annoying that you have to get up that early just to get a bed when you are on holiday.

Maid service is daily which is great and we didnt have any issues with at all. However, the recepetion staff left a lot to be desired. Didnt feel like they wanted to help. We were told by the rep to book our room for our night flight 5 days before we went home. We tried to do this numerous times but the reception staff kept saying come back after 2pm. You went back and was told that they couldnt do it until tommorrow. Well tommorrow came the day before we left and even then the guy didnt want to do it and asked me to come back. It costs £20 and he just wrote a reciept out so why the hassle?

Entertainemnt team do try hard to get you involved but dont appreciate that you want to relax and if you want to join in you will. Not our thing so we had to say no every day for every thing they organised which does get a bit waring but the turkish night was good fun although we only had 10 minutes of actual turkish folk dancing, the rest was a turkish street dancing group, rubbish michael jackson impersantor and a belly dancer. An enjoyable night out but the best bit was the bar staff doing their dancing!

Would we go there again? Not to this hotel because we didnt realise it was going to be such a family hotel and as a family with 2 20+ kids with us we were looking for a more relaxed chilled holiday but would recommend i for families with younger kids.

1  Thank angien28