“Best hotel in the world”
Review of Candan Club Hotel

Candan Club Hotel
Ranked #14 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We was on the birmingham flight ( tom748) on the 3 rd may 2013 we got to the hotel at 2:00am and the staff took are bags to our room

Cookie and coco are the main people running the games

It was sad to go

Room Tip: Do not pick a pool side room they are nosie
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tom S

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I went with my hubby and 10 year old son, the place is amazing, pool is fab, plenty sunbeds and the staff are amazing, I can not fault this hotel, the waiters are very friendly and nothing is too much hassle for them, curly the hairdresser on site is amazing too great job with haircuts for men and women and turkish shaves and such a lovely guy, the tattoo parlour on site is also fab, very good prices for tattoos and very professional, but most of all we would like to say thanks to the entertainment team "cookie" and "coco" they are fabulous guys cookie can make anyone laugh he made our holiday, will go back time and time again x

4  Thank Tracybell24
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel in May 2013 and would definitely consider coming back if I return to Turkey on my next holiday.

Where to start....
The hotel is very very clean, we had no problems at all in that department. The staff are all very very friendly and are happy for you to ask questions if you want to about Turkush culture etc. the entertainment is soo good. Normally on holiday you find that it is tacky and they struggle to get people to join in, but Cookie and his team are so funny, if you don't join in you'll at least find yourself watching and laughing.

Give Friday an extra big tip if you come here and the rock as they are both very nice.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach which in all honesty is not brilliant. However, the hotel pool scene is brilliant and overall I can't believe I got all this for such a good price.

My opinion- if you are considering it- book it!

2  Thank Emmalou262
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Travelled with mu husband 17 yr old daughter & 11yr old niece Lovely hotel, apartments are big and spacious, grounds & pool area spotless, staff friendly & helpful nothing is to much bother!! Will definitely return again

1  Thank Mrs_P1972
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at club candan in September 2011 and have very little in the way of complaints. The hotel itself is lovely, it has a shop where you can buy anything you need including drinks, cigarettes , snacks and things like suncream and sunhats. The pool is big with plenty of space but be sure to bag a sunbed early as the usual people leave there towels on the bed from early in the morning. The chute at the pool is amazing and we were on it more than we seen any kids on it :) The rooms are basic but perfectly fine with everything you need. The only complaint i have about the hotel itself is that my friend had a small amount of money disappear and also the people in the room next door said they also had a small amount taken. But we didnt use the safe so that was our own fault. We ate there quite regular and the food is slightly more expensive than it is elsewhere, but it is delicious and we didnt mind paying the extra. Candan is roughly 10 minutes walk to point centre (longbeach) where all the bars and clubs are, and about 10 mins to bar street. We didnt stay in the hotel at night as we went out clubbing every night but heard the entertainment that was on one of the nights was quite good. The staff were nice enough and even when we rolled in at half past 6 every morning there was always someone to greet us and get us a drink and ice if we wanted. Only thing i will say about the staff is one particular waiter tried it on with me one night, and then totally changed his attitude toward me when he was told no..he didnt speak to us the rest of time lol. i didnt let it get to me though so didnt really spoil it. Over all this is a very good hotel and i wouldnt mind staying there again, although i am booked up for somewhere different this year just to try other places.

Room Tip: we were downstairs on the ground floor at the back.. we had a street view .. we would have preferred...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shelley3281
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We go by recomnent in hairdresser Curly in Hotel Candan. Glad we did, because Curly get as at 10 points. Very professional and nice person. Kids love their hair and dad his shaving!
Greeting from Finland

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 123456fin40
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed at the Club Candan Hotel in July 2012 and it was absolutely fantastic. I would even go as far as to say it is the best hotel I've stayed in to date! I travelled to Turkey with three of my closet friends for a girls get-away and we were not disappointed, upon arrival we were quite stunned that we'd found this hotel for the price we had (£300 with Thomson including flights, SC). The hotel itself is spotless and modern with our apartment being cleaned regularly. The Thomson reps were welcoming and friendly, and explained everything thoroughly at our welcome meeting. The hotel itself has a little shop selling bottled drinks, suncream etc., there is also a tattoo parlour, a hairdressers and a spa.
We didn't stay at the hotel for evening entertainment as we dined out every night so I am unable to personally comment on what this was like, apart from friends we made at the hotel commenting it was good.
Marmaris itself is great, although we never made it as far as the beach. When we were staying it reached 52 degrees CELCIUS and so we never ventured far in the day - the glue holding my book together melted, as did my friends flip flops, to the floor! I would highly recommend September bar/restaurant for dining - the food is brill if a little pricey. The waiters also do great dance routines. If you're not a fan of loud/boozed up Brits I would avoid the stretch of Marmaris with the football club bars as well as 'bar street' which is by the harbour of Marmaris (images of sun, sex and suspicious parents come to mind).
The only downsides to this hotel would be some of the staff. I don't mean the reception, animation team or shop staff when I say this as they were fantastic - I am talking about the spa staff and the photographer. I never booked and treatments myself so I am unaware of the actual staff down in the spa but the man who came around the pool area trying to get you to book treatments was very pushy and found it hard to take no for an answer. My friend did go for a Turkish bath and said it was amazing! The evening photographer, despite taking lovely photos, was extremely pushy and sometimes rude. He was extremely rude to one of my friends after she decided to not buy a photograph. I am not sure if he still works there, and I am quite sure he is not a direct employee of the Club Candan but he definitely put a downer on our last day!!
I would stay here again as it is clean, welcoming and great for families.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the adjoining hotel block (that overlooks another hotel) it does get quite noi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends