“Fab holiday”

and 1 more site!
Candan Club Hotel
Ranked #17 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 13 May 2014

just got back from a week at candan lovely clean hotel. fab pool area and plenty of entertainment. around a 10 min walk to front/main shops. but taxi rank right outside hotel (Tom Jones's brother really nice and friendly guy.

Be warned you will hear the mosk as it is very close to hotel we were in Dblock facing away from the pool nice clean rooms with all you need for SC.
self catering with 2 ad and 2 chl. we took around 4000 TL and ate out at all meals including full english breakfast and steaks and suchlike for meals. We also hired a jeep for a few days and done 2 full day trips. we had plenty left over for shopping and gifts to take home ( we are all kitted out in original fakes LOL).

Meals tend to be very slightly cheeper on the side streets rather than the Marina but better quality on the Marina. We stayed at club Candan and also took taxis and i had hair treatment done and hubby had a couple of Turkish shaves.

you can spend english money in most shops and some food places.

also would suggest a hair treatment in curlys salon 25TL was amazing managed to get my hair straight and silky without using straightners!!!!

Room Tip: go for a pool view. You can not upgrade to one when you are there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hi-de-hiuk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for a week last week, overall it is very good. The reps are very nice and help! Gina G, Princess Fiona and Nik Nak had made my son's holiday! Gemma was very helpful! Only downside to me was there's no indoor entertainment area, access to the hotel is through pool area where can be very slippery.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Redchilly79
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here for our first trip to Turkey in October 2013. I have to say it is one of the best holidays we have ever had. My 4 year old daughter was treated like a wee princess by the staff and during evening entertainment time we could really relax knowing she was in excellent hands and within our eyeshot on the stage. Cookie's bingo is hilarious too! he's always on the wind up and the kids adore him! Honey has so much time for the kids too and I wish I had her energy. The food is very good and the staff are so friendly! The rooms are very clean and so is the rest of the hotel. I would definitely return to Club Candan and would certainly recommend to friends. Location is also very good, only a short walk to restaurants and down to the shopping/beach/marina. I don't really have anything negative to write about this place, it is exactly what every family with young kids is looking for! :)

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a pool view!!! We did and it was totally worth it!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed 17 April 2014

me and the missess went there last august 2012 our first time in turkey,the staff were great including the manager,it was clean and pleasant,we are going again september,and i hope its mostly the same staff,i would definetly recommend this hotel.Robert.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel, lots for kids to do, great service and friendly staff. Drinks were reasonably priced with some offers on and the food was lovely!! This hotel made our holiday. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Ruduh
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Went in may cant realy fault the hotel.. very clean.. big spacious rooms.. big pool.. staff friendly highly recommended.. I dont no why people are complaining and moaning about the prayer call its a god damn muslim country where there is expected to be mosques and prayer calls nearly everywhere you go.. end of the day no one is telling you to go on holiday to a muslim country or telling you to listen to it.. if you dont want to hear it get yourself some ear or headphones play your music put the volume up maximum that should do the job!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ahad M
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've been meaning to write this review for a while, I have been waiting for issues with Thomsons to sort out first, but it's now nearly February and I think ti's time to go public.

Me, my partner and my three daughters, 18, 15, and 4 went to Club Candan for a family holiday. We have been going to Marmaris for 5 years and usually stay in club Cettia, but we managed to get a good deal for Candan and gave it a try.

Facilities:
The pool was on par with Club Cettia although I found that I had to get up at silly o'clock to reserve a sunbed. There should be enough sunbeds to cater for everyone's needs. There was a large slide that the girls loved

Entertainment:
The entertainment was very 'Benidorm' and tacky... but was SAVED by Honey and cookie. Five years in Marmaris and I have seen nothing like them. They even had my partner smiling which I haven't been able to do in 10 years of a relationship! They could be more creative with what they do, but their personalities were top notch.
- Kids club was fabulous for the little one. The girls are very responsible and aren't like the hungover 18 year old s you usually see working in these sort of clubs. Great job to them all. The Turkish nights are okay but I recommend if you're going to do it once, book through the tour operators and do it properly!

Rooms:
War no.1 with Thomsons. We ordered a pool view but for some reason we were stuck looking at a run-down hotel. We also had an awful smell from the kitchen beneath us within our room. There was 5 of us crammed into a double room with a sofa. Not exactly what you expect after paying

Staff:
Honey and Cookie - best staff in Marmaris no doubt. The bar staff could often ignore you, but they work long, long shifts and probably get tired. A lot of the staff are young boys with a bit of an attitude, but the Turks are very hard-working men, most of which working to pay their way through uni in what should be their 'summer holiday' - so major respect to these young men!! What wasn't fine was the 'restaurant supervisor' (iyan or something to that effect) deciding it appropriate to make physical and verbal advances at my 15 year old daughter... (war no.2 with the tour operator). I have been going to Marmaris long enough to know the game, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. Regardless, the staff were brilliant and a credit to the place!!

Noise:
I have been reading other reviews about the sound of the call to prayer. Turkey is a Muslim country and if you're quite happy to bag a cheap holiday there, at least respect the customs. you can hardly hear it, and if you're even remotely cultured you will enjoy it. The hotel is off the main drag so you don't get all the extra added noise you get with other hotels.

Distance:
Do not let the travel op fool you into thinking it's a "15 minute walk" to the main drag. It's not. With young children, you're talking 40 minutes walk!! Although there's a taxi rank outside and the taxi drivers got to know us on a first name basis and were very friendly.

Food:
Wasn't keen. It's you're average British food on holiday, and it's okay if you want a few chips by the pool. Bu there's nearly no Turkish dishes so I recommend going around the corner to some of the little Turkish restaurants. I can eat Pizza and Chips back home, in Turkey I want some Turkish food. The price is reasonable, it's not expensive but I wouldn't recommend eating there everyday. Kitchen were nice enough to wrap us some sandwiches for the 90 minute bus journey home!

Cleanliness:
One thing I can't fault with the hotel is the cleanliness. The maids were very nice and smiling, and were always very appreciative when we gave them some sweets and money to take with them

The hotel is not bad if you want an 3 star hotel posed as a four star in a Benidorm style setting. I don't think I would go back as the rooms sell for 4* prices and next time would rather stick to what I know. Next time I will definitely be visiting for a night if Honey and Cookie are still about as they were the light of the party. Staff were hard working but the odd one has to go and ruin it. If the holiday was selling for half the price... I'd consider it but only then. I will not go into great detail with my war with the tour operator on here as it's not completely hotel's fault but they didn't exactly help.

Room Tip: You can 'pool view' but you probably won't get one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family