“hotel great , food terrible”
Review of Emre Beach

and 1 more site!
Emre Beach
Ranked #39 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 14 October 2013

we stayed at the emre beach last yr and it was great, this yr is a different story.
the hotel is great , plus they actually put cocktails in the all inc this time.
the down side is the food, last yr it was brill cudnt fault it, this yr terrible, it seems that the money they spent on the annexe shudda bin spent on the food, and before i get a reply that the av top class chefs , maybe but they are working with sub standard food.
we actually had to eat out at least 4 days . also wi fi was free last yr , this yr we had to pay, am sorry but all inc shud include wi fi, with wot we paid to stay ere..
the other hotels av free wifi.
location of hotel is great but that is not enuff.
i wont stay at this hotel again, prefer selfcatering

Room Tip: email before u go and ask for a nice sea view/pool view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shellypops69
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Emre Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Shelly;

Please note that we use top-of-the-line food; everything (except the fruit and vegetables of course) are from well-known brands.

We upgraded our WiFi in the winter and so are charging a very minor fee to recuperate our costs. We felt that only the guests who were making use of this service should pay for it.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Where to start? Lets start with the room, the rooms are nice, clean, and big enough they are nicley decorated and the balcony is a nice touch even tho this time of year you won't get any sun on the side we stayed on but it was nice to relax in the shade after a day in the sun. The only bad point of the rooms was having to pay 70 tl to keep the room on till 6pm after booking sat to sat n not arriving till 3.30am on sun morn didnt expect to pay any extra havin lost a day anyway this will be complained about to my travel agent.

FOOD.
Breakfast was horrible we only had it once and we were both ill. after trying it once i would rather starve than eat it again. The lunch was ok but nothing startling. The snack time between lunch and dinner was left over from lunch then the dinner was ok normally with a decent selection, overall we didnt go hungry so foods not bad really but could be improved.

Drinks are weak at the best of time and if you ask for a large vodka you just get the same amount and if your like me and decide to ask for half and half they get really annoyed with you like your doing wrong asking for more alchol on an all inclusive holiday.

Staff
Most of the staff are very helpful but there are a couple who just dont want to know.

Entertainment
What can i say about the entertainment there is a review on here saying drunken karaoke this is true i was there i think at the same time but i was at the "drunken karaoke" and this was a really good laugh maby some people dont appreciate this but most enjoyed being able to let there hair down. But the people i want to thank the most for a truly good time is the entertainment crew, only 2 people to cope with all the geusts a big thankyou to NILLY and DINO they do an awsome job keepin people entertained and getting people involved.

Overall i would say this hotel is good and i would return given a chance if only to see Nilly again she defo made my holiday

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir;

We are pleased to read that you found Emre Beach Hotel to be good and would return. We would certainly love hosting you again. And we will certainly pass on your remarks about Nilly and Dino to them.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

me&my partner arrived here 4.00am 24/9/2013,after a longday of traveling we wher really tired nd to our suprise ther was no room available to us :( we sat in reception till 6am wen we wer finally shown to a room, oh dearry me it was 1st floor facing pool opened the door nd it was unacceptable it had ants evrywhere i couldnt even go in the room,my partner complained nd was told ther was nothing they could do until 12pm..great start to the holiday:( we finally got a room at 2.30pm ..fantastic room 2nd floor yhayy,other than this i had a fantastic week there,food was lovley,drinks ok,entertainment bit of a let down,location was brilliant staff friendly,im hoping to return nxt year has i thourally enjoyed my stay just hope if we do we have a room on arrival nd not 9hrs later

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Suzy;

We are pleased to read that you had a fantastic week at Emre Beach Hotel and are hoping to return next year. It will be a pleasure to host you again.

Please note that we made you and a few guests wait a bit to be able to offer a better room. I guess our receptionist could not relay it well; we apologize for that.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

having just come back from your hotel,i would just like to tell you of our experience at emre beach.looking at the catalogue it looks lovely,and in someways it is.the trouble is the family who run it,we have been to marmaris 7 times,and this hotel is the worst run hotel we have ever experienced.it is like a circus run by clowns.our experience started at check in,we booked for 4 people in two ajoining rooms with sea view,we paid £112 extra for sea view, but were told this was not possible. I showed them my booking form with this on but was still told this was not possible .then we were told we were on different floors ,and no sea views ,I complaned bitterly about this and was trying to be fobbed of with excuses, we booked our holiday in November. this was being sorted by the reservatons manageres (zanib)she was not very help full at all, she even wanted us to share a suite in the annex (two couples,one bathroom what a joke)after two hours.we were eventualy found two rooms on the same floor one at one end and one at the other with no scence of remorse or an appologe it was a case of take it or lump it I ased if she would find us better rooms later,answer no. after talking to several people we discovered this was common practice at check in.they were over booking at the beach and sending them to the annex. this would be ok but the beach is £100pr couple pr week more and you were not given that money back .it seems to me they are doing this on perpose ,,because they were still taking bookings onlate deals two week before we went, why take bookings if you are full.if you except this move you sign for this and you have no come back you cant complain to any one because they are all related and stick togeather.i was told that the emre beach is being refurbed for next season it should look good but unless( the family)start caring for the clients it will be the same next year.i could go on moaning but I will let others do that.

Room Tip: you cant choose! you have to have what they give you
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony and Joan;

While we would like to accommodate specific room requests as much as we can, we cannot always manage that, especially when the hotel is full. In a similar vein, while most of the rooms at Emre Beach Hotel have sea view, we do not charge extra for sea views. In other words, we do not have a sea view premium. Therefore, whoever charged you extra for the sea view either made an honest mistake or was being dishonest with you.

We completely understand your frustration. You have paid for something (sea view), and you obviously would like to receive that thing. We would feel the same way. But as we have explained, you are bashing the wrong people...

By the way, we have had a few other guests who paid a premium for a sea view this past summer. That's one of the reasons we decided to offer different types of rooms (including sea view rooms) and guarantee specific rooms next summer. So there won't be any such issues next year.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is my third and final time at the emre beach. Been here the last three years. The first year 2011 was amazing the beer wasn't great but we couldn't find fault with anything else. The food was great with lots of variety and many different dishes to be had. We booked again for last year, 2012 because we enjoyed the year before and the difference from the previous year was shocking. The food was ok but the alcohol really wasn't the best and some of the staff seem to forget your waiting in a que for a drink when a pretty woman comes along the will just serve her straight away. This was very frustrating at times as you can imagine. Some of the staff were very friendly and others wouldn't even smile at you. I can see how hard everyone works there but sometimes I felt awkward going to the bar just to get a drink. Decided to book again for this year because as I say it's a beautiful hotel in a great location and we have just returned today 12.10.13 Again no complaints about the hotel, our room was a little small but I'm on holiday to enjoy myself, not to stay in my room. Rooms were cleaned every day and the hotel and it's surroundings were always very clean and tidy. The food was really poor this year lunch was ok and a few nights I made the best with what was on offer but it's was just not good enough for a 4* hotel. On many occasions the food was cold, not warm but cold. The alcohol is so weak it's unbelievable, I drank 10 large vodka and coke one night and I didn't even feel typsy. I don't expect branded drinks and am happy with locally produced ones, but this alcohol was absolutely terrible. Such a shame the food and alcohol lets the hotel down and the hard work of the staff. Maybe this hotel could offer self catering holidays so people don't waste there money paying for food and drink they won't consume. Chris

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CTP85

Dear Chris;

Honestly, we are surprised by your comments on the food and drinks.

As for the food, we could accept it if you just didn't like the food- we work very hard to make sure all of our guests enjoy the food and have 180 unique hot dishes to cater to every taste, but after all, everyone's taste is different. However, the food never gets cold, as we have heaters under the trays, and our in-house food engineer regularly measures the temperature of the trays. We eat at the hotel as well, and so we would have noticed the cold food right away.

While we do not drink at the hotel (after all, it is holiday for you but work for us), our drinks are from Diageo, whereas we worked with a local producer last year. Therefore, if anything, we would have expected you to find the drinks better than last year.

Best,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My partner and I (23 and 25yr olds) stayed here between 20th - 27th September and we had a really unpleasant time staying at this hotel because:

• our 4* room had a rock hard bed, the air con was faulty, there was no jacuzzi as shown in pictures, our bath didn't have a plug, cold showers for 3 days, maid never replenished loo roll so had to ask for more (very embarrassing), the bathroom needed a good scrub and overall the room was tiny.

• the pool was in complete shade by 11:30am and so was 90% of the surrounding sun beds. Not to mention it was the coldest pool I've ever been to.

• the food was cold, bland and they served the same onion gravy on different meats 4 nights running. The food was so bad the stray cats that littered the restaurant didn't touch the food we dropped for them.

• the bar staff gave the smallest possible alcohol measurement you may as well have been drinking soft drinks. If you dare ask for more they tap on the tip box!

• The staff in general were obnoxious and very unprofessional towards women.

There is more to add, but I think I've said enough.

Overall I didn't enjoy my stay and will not be recommending this hotel to anyone. If you insist on staying here, I would recommend the 3* sister hotel which has recently been refurbished to a higher standard than the 4* hotel. Save yourself a few £100.

On a side note. Outside the hotel, there is a cheap excursions desk a few doors down (turn right out the restaurant). We went on a mud bath / turtle beach trip which was quite enjoyable for £17 each (hotel charging £35 each). We also had a very lovely meal on the pier outside the restaurant a 100 yards away. Great for couples. Also as an advice on bartering, their 'best price' may well be 350tl for a few moody handbags, but they'll be more than happy to accept 150tl after a few mins of bartering. Even then I think we could have got more off!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Leesmith87

Dear Sir or Madam;

We appreciate your feedback. We would like to address some of the issues you have raised:

Please note that jacuzzis are only in our panorama suites, as stated on our web page and info. sheets as well as our contracts with tour operators.

As for the small glitches in the room you mentioned: Our maids always check the rooms before check-ins, but they could of course overlook a few things. If you had mentioned the A/C and the missing plug, our 24h. maintenance would have taken care of it right away. Please note that we also stay at the hotel, and so if the showers were cold, we would have noticed it right away. Besides, our night manager measures the water temperature every night.

Please note that the maids clean the rooms every day. They replenish toilet paper, soap, shampoo, etc. then, but if you nevertheless run out of them during the day, they will be more than happy to bring those outside their regular room cleaning hours.

As for the food, we have heaters under the open buffet trays, and so while the food is not water boiling temperature, it never gets cold. As a safety measure, our in-house food engineer checks the food temperature at each meal.

Finally, please note that we do not sell any excursions; the excursions at the hotel are sold by your tour operator.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I paid nearly £2000 for a 2 week all inclusive stay in August for our honeymoon. The pictures looked gorgeous and the reviews were hit and miss, but having stayed all inclusive before, I thought it would be great.
Our flight was delayed on the way there, meaning we arrived at the hotel at 4am. We were politely shown to our room on the ground floor, where we stayed awake so we didn't miss the welcome meeting. Dean (our rep) was brilliant. He hosted a great welcome meeting and was around in case of questions anyone had at the end. The first week wasn't so bad, the food was hit and miss but there was choices and the entertainment was good considering the "team" only consisted of 2 members. The drinks were very watered down and served in small glasses so it meant trips to the bar were quite frequent, especially for my husband who drinks pints. The second week was the first week all over again, entertainment included. The hotel was a child friendly place but didn't have anything for the children to do except swim in the pool. While staying there my wedding ring went missing from the room, I had taken it off to apply suncream and forgotten to put it back on again. Dean was informed straight away but it was put down as lost (as if a ring can grow legs and wander off the desk). There were quite a few other people, who we made friends with there, who weren't happy with the hotel either. The pictures on the site are from the Emre Hotel not the Emre Beach Hotel, which is why they look so inviting.
The room was basic with a double and a single bed, a tv, a desk, a bin, a wardrobe and a bathroom - somewhere to be when you want to sleep. No drinks are allowed back in to the rooms except when you get them from the shop. We won't be going back there and we won't recommend it to anyone we know either.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dawn;

We are not sure why you thought your stay was rubbish even though you found the first week to be OK, and the second week the same as the first one. But we believe it it is because of the ring incident you mentioned. As you know, our front desk manager entered the room with the tour operator rep and could not find anything. We then checked the room entrance records as well as the closed circuit camera near your room, but there was no one who entered the room. Therefore, we had no reason to suspect that your ring was taken from your room.

We believe that your other comments reflect your displeasure with the ring issue, but we will nevertheless respond to them as well: Please note that while we have two full time entertainment staff, we outsource much of our entertainment. That's how we manage to have a different entertainment every night: Karaoke, bingo, Turkish nights, special shows, etc...

We wish we were watering the drinks down, like many bars in Marmaris are doing. That way, at least, we would be getting something despite all the accusations. But we are not, and many guests have noted seeing new bottles being opened and served, confirming that the drinks are not watered down.

Finally, please note that while we have some facilities from children, we do not advertise a hotel for children at all.