“Could be better”

Blue Bay Classic Hotel
Ranked #79 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Hotel itself was not too bad but a few things definitely let it down.

Good points = hotel was clean & tidy. Room was lovely & tidied daily. Air conditioning works well as long as patio doors are closed.
No problem with getting sun loungers & was quite nice to be at hotel where we didn't see any broken loungers!
The food was ok but as you expect at all inclusive buffet style it was quite repetitive.

Not so good points= you can hear every movement from the next rooms bathroom but not so bad in the room!
Getting towels for sun loungers can be a chore as you don't actually know what time they will be available, the person that hands them out seems to go between the 2 hotels as & when!!! One day we had to go back about 3 times til he was there & waited about an hour! If you don't mind using the same towels for a couple of days I'd advise hanging onto them, saves you wasting valuable time in the sun!!!!
Absolutely no entertainment at the hotel apart from a couple of hours of music played around the pool at random times of the day! You can use the sister hotel (blue bay platinum) next door who do have entertainment but when we visited there decided it wasn't a particularly nice place to be, the staff were unfriendly & it felt quite dirty!
The ice cream that is included in the all inclusive package you have to get from the other hotel but we only found this out from other guests. I think it's supposed to be served from 2-4pm but we went over at 3.45 to be told it was finished & we couldn't have any!!!
You get a couple of sachets of coffee & coffee mate in your room & when this is gone you can't have anymore!!! I find this quite hard to believe that you can't get extra coffee on an all inclusive package (something that costs pennies!!!!)

I would stay at this hotel again but on a self catering option if it was possible as we ended up going out every night to find entertainment. If you choose to go out to eat I highly recommend a steak at "the sweet corner" pub/restaurant which is on the main road around the back of the hotel on the opposite side of the street. I can honestly say it's the best steak ive ever had which is very surprising when you consider it's more of a drinking place! You'll get entertainment too!!!

There are some good pubs/clubs along the beach front too

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KAREN2830

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My boyfriend and myself stayed for 11 nights at the end of september, and after seeing a few iffy reviews, weren't too sure what to expect. We needn't have worried, the hotel itself is spotlessly clean, very modern and the staff are all friendly and willing to help wherever possible. Our room was an ideal size, and we were lucky enough to be given a room with a bit of a sea view even though we paid for land view. There were a few problems in the room, the tv (we paid for english channels) cut out through bad reception quite a lot, the sink drained away all the time even with the plug down, and the shower head wouldnt stay up (we tied it with a straw!) but this would all have been fixed im sure if we bothered to tell reception. as it was, it didn't really affect us at all and it certainly wouldnt stop me coming back. the food was amazing, i dont know why people say its repetitive, yes ofcourse some dishes are the same each night, but theres always something different as well. im a very fussy eater but there was always something i liked. the all inclusive drinks were worthwhile if you enjoy drinking. we're not big drinkers so in hind sight it would probably have been cheaper to just go half board. the swimming pool was very clean, plenty of deckchairs if you're there by 11am latest. i can imagine in peak season its too busy for everyone to have a seat. the pool was a bit too cold to swim in, i know abroad pools arent usually heated, but i didnt see one single person spend a great deal of time in there cos it was so cold! the entertainment is what lets this hotel down, or more the lack of. there was supposedly entertainment on most nights but we never saw any (the sister hotel next door had lots of great sounding entertainment, but unfortunately we were told we couldnt go there to watch). The daytime and evening music out by the pool is also pretty horrendous. not just old music, but barely stuff anyone has heard of. again, unlike the sister hotel which you could hear at more popular stuff. Only little things that again didnt bother us too much, but may affect some people. The only major downside was the bedding, we think it was a mistake but on arrival we had one hard sheet that didnt even cover the whole bed (more like a single), as time went on we just asked for more and eventually built up a semi decent bed cover. maybe its because im used to a big duvet, but it wasnt great. I would recommend this hotel however, as i think the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Room Tip: 8507 on top floor had partial sea view at land view rate
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaffatinx
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My partner and I went for a lovely week in April 2011 and had a fantastic time. Staff were helpful and pleasant, room was clean, food was good.. I left my phone in my room and didnt realise till I arrived back home in London, I contacted them and they posted it back to me.
Since hearing about the refurb we've booked again to go in mid October and I can't wait!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here with my father in August 2013 and was joined with my best mate and his wife who had chosen this hotel because of its location to where his son and family were staying. So in short it was not my choice of hotel but the Trip Advisor rating appeared to be good. It was not a cheap option either costing nearly £870 for a week all inclusive from East Midlands Airport.

AIR Conditioning:
As you might expect in August the outside temperature was in the 40’s and so one would expect when entering your hotel from outside that you would be met with cool air conditioned refreshed cool air – sadly this was not the case there was not much change. There was air conditioning but it was not very noticeable and seemed to be switched off in the hotel corridors.

Since the air conditioning only worked when you were in your room due to smart card system (it don’t allow credit cards to fool it), it took about 30 minutes before you noticed the room getting cooler. So there was no immediate respite from the heat after coming from the pool area or the Town.

All Inclusive
Drinks: There were limitations to the all inclusive drinks which affected the quality of the holiday experience. The wines were clearly local but not very tasty.

Food: The food quality and choice was good.

WIFI: There was free WIFI but this was only obtained in the bar/lounge area.

The service was best with the girls in the restaurant (only one) who did a good job in being responsive to your requests for drinks when you arrived at a table and clearing your used plates. They also came back and ask if you wanted more drinks. There was no service around the pool so you had to get up and go to the pool bar – although on the odd occasion a waiter came around with a tray of fruit punch drinks.

Hotel Environment
Unlike many hotels I have stayed in over the years, the layout of this hotel and seating was uninviting especially in the reception and bar lounge area.

Pool and Poolside
The pool size is small for a 4 star but we did managed to get a sun lounger without having to get up early. However, there were not many umbrellas for shade so you had to either go in the pool or go to the bar area to escape the sun.

There were attendants who played music around the pool which was loud disco type music not suitable for middle aged people like me. There were games organised in the pool which restricted your scope in the pool if you did not wish to join in.

Beach
The beach was a 5 minutes’ walk which we did not attend as there would be no all inclusive drinks provided. Also, the beach at Marmaris is not that special – its best to go out to sea on boat trips and swim in the clear water.

Extras
We had to pay extra for the safe deposit box and we could only have one car for the room which meant that you were tied to each other for going in and out of the room. They would not give as two cards due to the air con smart card I suspect.

Bedroom
The room was what I expected for a standard twin room although they only provided one pillar. We had to buy our own water for the room. On arrival the hot water tap did not work but it was repaired within a day.

Gym/Sauna
The gym is very basic with a couple of machines which have computer monitoring which do not work and are hardly used. The sauna is ok but only free between 3pm to 5pm. There are massages you can pay extra for. There are no drinks readlily on hand after the sauna or workout.

Room Tip: If you need good air conditioning throughout don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Philip G
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Having not had a holiday for many years - loved this holiday. There was an initial problem with the rooms which did get sorted out the following morning. My son and I had a top corner balcony room and a sitting room which was ideal as my son had special needs. The room, the service and the food I cannot fault. Although we didn't go far from the hotel it had everything we needed - a little more entertainment at night would have been good - but apart from that the pool was lovely, even though the chairs were taken up early, the staff did help and always found some extras to cater for our needs. All staff were friendly and nearly always had a smile. The only comment I can make is the toilet facility for disabled men and women was not ideal. The disabled toilets were located at the back of the mens and ladies toilets, which did prove a little awkward at times, taking a man into a ladies toilet wasn't ideal and I could see some were not comfortable with this, and I as a woman wouldn't have felt comfortable walking through the mens toilets to take him to the disabled facility. Would have been ideal if a few seperate disabled facilities had been available. Even so we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and we would go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Good Points:
- Excellent staff, all very friendly and helpful
- Modern and well decorated hotel
- Perfect location - near the beach, shops, bars and restaurants
- Quick check in - no queues and luggage taken to the room for you
- Hairdressers inside hotel (amazing at eye brow threading)
- Variety of drinks
- Good air con in the rooms (However not around the hotel e.g lobby and restaurant)
-Nice rooms cleaned regularly and powerful shower

Bad Points:
- Food - extremely repetitive! Ate out 6 nights of the 10 as I never felt particularly great after eating here. The best meal was breakfast as fresh omelettes or fried eggs can be made infront of you. Overall, the food at this hotel looked a lot nicer than it tasted.
- Sunbeds - people getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve sunbeds. Arrived at the pool most days at around 9:30 and it was a struggle to find 2 sun loungers and to find space for them. Blue Bay should ban reserving sunbeds as some towels were there all day without anyone on them.
- Pool area - Blaring music around the pool playing club/dub step music, couldn't even hear my boyfriend speak who was sitting right next to me. The music is irritating which was also noticed by others around the pool.
- Check out - As we had a late flight we were offered the hotel spa downstairs which was absolutely AWFUL. Broken hairdryers, showers clogged with hair and peoples left over soaps and sponges. It was obvious that they had not been cleaned in weeks. No towels provided, young boy who sits at desk was extremely unhelpful, just said 'No' when we asked for a towel, had to go back to reception and wait for them to be provided. No toilet roll in the toilets, my boyfriend asked the young boy for some and again he replied 'No', had to go to the toilets on the other side of the hotel to get some while the young boy just sat there. I would not advise this facility, just pay the extra 70 lira for your room.

Overall, a modern and clean hotel. However there are many things that let this hotel down. If I was to return to Marmaris I would advise to stay in Elegance which is down the road from Blue Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LS132013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a hidden treasure !! I don't ever bother to write reviews but this hotel was def worth a mention. The staff are always smiling, extremely friendly, polite &nothing too much bother. The hotel decor throughout was very modern and kept clean at all times it was perfect
The pool was nice and free ice creams bought to you on your sunbed on those hotter days were an added bonus
No pettiness of early morning towels on the sunbeds required to secure a spot around the pool here
The  location was ideal to either walk along by the beach to various bars clubs and restaurants or for the hardcore hitting  "bar street"just a short cheap cab ride for those early mornings coming home
( the hotel staff sometimes lay on a mini bus there and back)
I went all inclusive on a late deal & it was worth a great find& worth every penny !
The food was excellent, fresh and very well presented , plus with my food allergy I never had a problem with variety during the whole week
A spa, local shop,  hairdressers and nail salon also added bonuses
What more can I say except for the fact I'd definitely go back and highly recommend this adult hotel which is great for people of all ages ! Enjoy your stay here !

• Stayed: September 2013