“Nice hotel”

Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
durham
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is beautiful the pools great the pool guy is a real star can't say much for the rest of the staff like .the food is absolutely awfull spent a fortune outside on food.but still love turkey not a patch on the mares dolphin spa hotel

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank greens_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We had no complaints about the hotel it was very clean at all times, the staff were excellent, the food was plentiful and had a variety for everyone's taste but the Thomas Cook rep by the name of Joanna was abusive with a very bad attitude problem. There was a mix up with our departure dates and we had booked a trip on the Thursday but on the Tuesday we had a note put under our door to say that we were leaving the next morning at 7.30am and that our Thursday trip was brought forward to Wednesday. On our arrival to the hotel Joanna wrote our program for the two weeks so it was her error. We didn't even get an apology and when we mentioned about our already made arrangements she said "that we can move out into another hotel and make our own way back to England". The other Thomas Cook reps were excellent, it's just a shame that they were not at our hotel. The shop called 'The star Gold jewellery' on the hotel complex was outstanding, I would recommend a visit.

Room Tip: over looking the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LJBIELBY
motherwell
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Thi shotel is in one word AMAZING. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some peoples reviews but I think some people look for faults in everyting.

The rooms are large and spacious and sheets changed every day, and towels too if you want it. The Pool towels can be hanaded back every night if you wish and new ones picked up in morning. I have honestly never ever seen such a hardworking team of people than the guys at Grand Pasa, from Pool staff to Waiters and Bar staff. They are so polite and nothing is a hassle, there are loads of sunbeds and umbrellas to go round but some still get up to get a fav spot at the pool. The Meals are good with lots of choice, albeit not to total british taste but remember this hotel is catering for so many different nationalities and there is always someting to suit. The snack bar is also open for lunch and again good choice. The entertainmemt is ok but in my opinion could be better but the entertainment staff work really hard and are all day round the pool as well.

Its well worth getting a turkish bath in the hotel as you really need to get this as soon as you arrive as if you burn at all its too sore and you cant have it. The hotel turkish bath costs £20 english but well worth it and the spa guys are really proffessional so no need to worry and you can choose a man or woman to do it if you feel a bit uneasy.
All in all cant fault it Good location 6 mins to beach and 20 mins walk to centre although Bar street and marina you need to jump in a taxi or Dolmus which is only £1
Go here and be pampered...

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank MotherwellTravellass
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I wasnt going to write a review but after browsing some reviews by others, I felt I had to have my say. I cannot believe the rubbiish some people write. My family and I visited the hotel in June, first time to Turkey and not sure what to expect, however, hotel was amazing, as was the resort itself. Grand Pasa is definitely a 4-5 star hotel and worthy in every area as far as we are concerned. Much has been written positively about Charlie thhe pool attendant and I must say he is so hard working and not once in 11 days did we not manage to get a sunlounger, even at 11 - 12 noon, we always got a bed, and Charlie would happily bring parousels to us. The rooms are spotless and we had a pool view off the hotel opposite, which was pretty much a mirror image to the Grand Pasa. Staff are always cleaning, and the room was cleeaned daily, fresh towels etc, mini bar in room, entrance to hotel very grand, location perfect, a couple of minutes from all shops bars restaurants and beach. We as a family agreed that this is a hotel definitely worthy of the money, especially since not as pricey as other 5 star resorts, a lot of whom get negative reviews. We have travelled widely and love USA, hotels in Vegas etc are hard to beat, so quite a statement for us to make that this is the nearest to that standard we have stayed in. Will definitely return next year to Turkey, and to the Grand Pasa if around the same price bracket. Do not panic if you read negative reviews, some people are never satisfied. Brilliant, fantastic, impressive hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank mondayblues186534
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2011

stayed at the grand pasa in july 2011 cant fault the hotel at all if you want to go ? then get your self there!! got a tattoo at the shop at the hotel from emrah what a relaxing tattoo for our first tattooes he was kind and considerate if you were feeling queasy ..also his wife pat was a gem, very lovely to have a scottish lassie to guide you through the process. me, my girlfriend and my son all had tattoes done and all were brilliantlly done by emrah !!!! so if you fancy one he's the boy to do it................

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank reidser
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

First time visit to this part of Turkey, went with my 2 sisters,and for them it was their first visit to Turkey, I was a bit worried that they wouldnt share my views on the country, but my fears were unfounded, we had read all the reviews about Grand Pasa on Trip Advisor, and there were very few negative ones. The hotel is brilliant, and yes it has the WOW factor, I am a very fussy holidaymaker when it comes to hotels, food, cleanliness, rooms etc, and myself and my 2 sisters had no complaints. our room was spacious and spotless, fresh clean towels everyday, the room always smelled lovely after the cleaner was finished. Fresh towels too for the pool everyday, you were given a card on arrival to obtain your pool towels from the Spa....talking about the spa, it was just fantastic, the treatments available were brilliant, and the prices were very reasonable too, the staff were just so professional, all in all, it was just a lovely part of the hotel to visit, which is something the 3 of us did regularly. The food at the hotel was very good too, again I am a bit fussy, and my 2 sisters hadn't tasted Turkish cuisine before, but all 3 of us really enjoyed it, there was always loads of choice, from early breakfasts, snacks, lunches, cakes, and midnight soups and sandwiches, eating areas were spotless too, okay, you are always going to get those complain about food etc, I heard a few negative comments, and I had to ask myself what these people were complaining about, perhaps they were used to fine dining,( lobster, caviar etc) somehow I dont think so! some folk just like to moan, you are in a foreign country, so dont always expect fish and chips and mushy peas or roast dinners with gravy, get real!! On to the pool area, lots of sunbeds, and never had a problem to find one, the pool attendant a young man whom everyone called "Charlie" was the hardest working person in the hotel, not that the other workers were lazy, far from it! but this guy worked non stop from about 7.00am until about 8.00pm, and always with a smile, nothing was any trouble for him, whether you wanted a sunbed or a parasol, cheers Charlie, you were so lovely and helpfull. The animation team at the pool were great, I am not a big fan of pool games and music when I am relaxing, but have to admit that I really enjoyed their music and all the efforts that they put in, it was hard not to enjoy yourself here, the pool area like the rest of the Hotel was spotless, I have never been in a hotel where so much cleaning went on all the time. The Grand Pasa is a very well organised hotel, its close to shops and restaurants, about a 5 min easy stroll, really nice shops, selling the same things, at the same prices that you will find at the markets in Icmeler and Marmaris, but without the hassle you find there, love markets, hated them here!! .If I had 1 critisism about the hotel, it would be about the female reception staff, I personally found them to be rather unfriendly, bad mannered, and rather dismissive, a smile goes a long way when dealing with the general public, so too does courtesy, I know that sometimes holidaymakers can be rude to reception staff, and I dont aggree with that, but I think when you are "front of house" then good manners are important, and first impressions are lasting ones!! sadly my impression of the female staff members at the hotel were not good ones, perhaps a "customer care course" is needed here, please take heed!!! To sum up, the Grand Pasa is a brilliant place to stay for a holiday, best hotel that I have stayed in for a long time and I like my hotels to be good, food great, cleanliness, spot on! room comfort was brilliant, all in all, loved it and will be returning again next year, cant wait!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank madmaggie
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Just back from 2 weeks in the grand pasa hotel, do not read any the bad reviews! The hotel is beautiful very clean and the staff are so friendly and helpful.
There was always room and the pool area and it was always getting cleaned 24 hours a day,
The rooms were always cleaned and fresh towels.
The entertainment team were excellent during the day pool games, darts and just having a laugh, they had a break aswell if u wanted time to just chill out then at night mini disco for the kids, then a different show every night for 2 weeks and the club dance was fantastic had everyone dancing and having fun.
I also got a tattoo from tattoo shop inside hotel, the staff were wonderful and very clean would defo recomend this.
The hairdresser was very pushy & annoying always wanting you to make appointments but do not say next week if you are not going to use it because they keep pestering you!
The food was ok, nothing special but it was warm and always a large varity to choose from.
All in all I had a amazing holiday and would defo recommend the grand pasa hotel.

• Stayed July 2011