“Good but night entertainment disappointing”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is our 2nd time at the Grand Pasa, all the staff work hard and are very friendly,food good plenty of choice night entertainment could be better.overall 1 of the better hotels in marmaris we have stayed in.The on-site jewellers is excellent value for money worth a visit.

1  Thank David A

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The grand PASA is a great place to visit the previous review is a joke she says OLLIE works hard I've seen harder working peanuts the entertainment s a joke they need to bring back the old boys booboo Rambo , get a grip love ,and as for Charlie I've never slipped him any money and he always helped me and our party out , it obvious your a snob so go back to ur hiding pit the al a carte is a joke get in the restaurant as for the butter wot where you expecting CLOVER , try this hotel and ul find its good , yes cud b better if they sort entertainment out y do we want to hear dance music in the day and plz tell the dj to shut up

Room Tip: Don't use the al e carte it's crap , and OLLIE JASMIN and the dj r rubbish
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dicko5678
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked the grand pasa based on the reviews on trip advisor and as they are all so ' brilliant' and everyone loves the grand pasa we thought we got ourselves a bargain at £600 each, so we couldn't wait to get there.
As we arrived at 00.05am and the bar closes at midnight we couldn't get a drink even after our 3 hour transfer, we were starving and thirsty but never mind you got a bottle of water in the mini bar : ! The bell boys, what a joke they carried my boyfriends suitcase and I had to carry mine lol surely should be the other way around ???
The food is of a very low standard, I lived off chip sandwiches with no butter cause it was so disgusting I didn't bother putting any on. I did eat pizza on the 1st day mind from the snack bar until I seen the "chef " picking the toppings off and eating them and then putting them out for the guests without washing they're hands, absolute pathetic hygene.
Our room was nice but only because we had the suite otherwise I think we would have come home before we were supposed to if we were stuck in a standard room like our friends.
The drinks on the all inclusive are pathetic, and they don't clean the plastic glasses, that I had given to me 1 day and someone had actually chewed the rim all the way round, what 5 star hotel would serve that ????
The entertainment is a joke, I felt sorry for ollie because he tries so hard but its all crap, the best day we had there was a sunday when it was they're day off. They give off the impression that they're just trying to entertain themselves not the guests, the worst entertainment iv experienced, most concerned about going down the bar street, which is unbelievably rough ahnd quite frightening !!!
The pool area is a joke iv gotta bigger pond in my garden, theres around 500 people crammed all around it with no where near enough space to relax and the banging clubbing music doesnt help, maybe at night when I'm getting in the mood to go out but not in the day, you need some chill out old skool music for that. The slides are good fun but extremely dangerous as there are people back flipping and all sorts going down without so much as a telling off. I witnessed a little boy around 6 go down then a grown man around 50 straight after him before he had a chance to move, he nearly broke his neck the poor bugger, horrifying to see.
We never had our bath,toilet or sink cleaned for the whole week we were there in the end I had to do it myself as we couldn't bare to bathe in there, 5 star I think not.
The spa is also a joke, very shabby n dirty, I was going to have a fish pedicure untill I seen 2 dead fish at the bottom of the tank being eaten by the other fish, really relaxing and pampering, I think not !!
The al a carte is ok million times better than any other food we had there but theres cats everywhere out in the sitting area, and where theres cats there must be other things !!!!!
Everyone raves on about charlie, he is very hard working when you watch him but only for the people that slip him a few quid as he never even approached us to get us beds or anything
All in all I will never return to the grand pasa or to turkey for that matter, worst holiday iv ever been on and I am in no way a snob but I go away to enjoy a bit of the finer things in life as I work all year round, and I truely do regret spending my hard earned money on this holiday, so I advise you to not listen to the other reviews as you will be disappointed aswel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank xxLouisexx2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Traveling party (65, 64, 32, 30, 6, 3)

We stayed in the Grand Pasa for 11 nights 05/09/13 -16/09/13 and we were left pretty disappointed.
We've been on holiday in Marmaris for the past 3 years and have been 4* Self Catering (Club Aida) so we decided to give the 5* All inclusive Grand Pasa a go, We left thinking it was more 3.5 - 4* (Turkish Standards).

Positives : Yes i can agree with some of the other views about the staff being friendly, Charlie the pool guy very helpful, the entertainment team being good with the kids.

Negatives : Where do i start! The restaurant - Always check your glasses/plates as we had quite a few that were chipped, Breakfast doesnt serve bacon or sausages - only small cocktail sized frankfurters. Dinners - Yes they had a variation but as a group none of us were impressed with the quality on show. The outdoor snackbar had the same food everyday - Chicken kebabs, Overcooked chicken nuggets, burnt pizza and dried up salad bar. Outdoor drinks - served in plastic cups that were rarely properly washed - just a quick rinse under the tap. Poolside - Tiles around the poolside can be slippy i seen quite a few people slipping, also in the afternoon they played water polo which got overly aggresive (fuelled by the entertainment team) one lady was in tears after getting smacked in the face with the ball. Also Ice Cream or Ice lollies are not included they have to be paid for, my wife enquired at the reception why not as it was supposedly 5*AI she was told no and you only get free ice cream every 3rd night with the evening meal.

We spoke to various other people around the pool who agreed with our negative points, one family whom had visited 3 years prior had said that there had been a massive decline in standards since their last visit.

Overall Grand Pasa is a nice hotel but definately not 5*.

3  Thank Kaiorla
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I went to turkey with my dad and step mum on 10th August for 9 days. The temperature was in the 40's every day and so was very hot. I cant fault it, the hotel was absolutely lovely. we got there very early hours of the morning and the service was fantastic, the reception staff were very friendly and we had people take our luggage from the coach to the reception area and then to our rooms. They were very polite and a member of staff came to show us how to use the air conditioning and the television.
The hotel itself looks lovely inside and out, there is free wifi in the reception and so you will see people sitting in there a lot on their phones and laptops.
The view from our room was lovely, we had a pool view room so was lucky, my advice is to email ahead of your visit and ask for a pool view and they will do it for you. The rooms had a double bed and a single bed which was good as 3 of us where in the room, there is a dressing table and mini bar also in your room, we had a free big bottle of water and two little bottles of sparkling water. These were replaced daily free of charge. The balcony had room to dry clothes that had been washed and also had 2 chairs and a small table. The rooms were cleaned very well every day and although we never had it ourselves, the cleaner laid out swans and things made from the bedding on your bed, which was apparently very nice.
The food there was fantastic, there was always a wide range of foods there so everyone will like something, breakfast was the same everyday but there wasn't much else you could so. There was always a lovely spread of fruit which looked lovely and there was always something carved from watermelon for you to look at.
We had planned out a day trip on a jeep safari from Mr. Fish down the road but never actually got round to going, however we did go the Turkish baths again from Mr.Fish on our second day, the price was very good, a lot cheaper than the hotel and the baths were lovely.
The animation team were all so lovely, Jasmine,Olly,Owen,I-Bo, Rose and DJ Jimmy were all so friendly and nice, the entertainment finished at 11pm and wasn't the best but they tried their hardest and they deserve a lot of credit. Also there was many activities for you to take part in during the day, including the morning dance (this is actually beautiful, loved taking part every day and is one the things i miss the most, waking up, going to breakfast then doing the morning dance at 10am), there is also water polo, gymnastics and yoga, darts and different activities every day. There was always something to do through out the day, however if you didn't want to take part you could still relax by the pool and watch which was always entertaining. BE CAREFUL around the pool as the tiles get very slippery and it is very dangerous. I saw people fall over on numerous occasions, including my dad, and some of them seemed like they really hurt themselves.
Have to give so much credit to Charlie, the lifeguard, he was so lovely and was always smiling and happy, he helped people get sunbeds anytime in the day along with an umbrella and a table. He works so hard, and as there is only hum, bless him, there is a lot of work to do, he never acts tired and is so helpful to anyone and everyone. We still talk even though im back home and we made good friends with him, he made our holiday and really is just so nice.
Also another shoutout to the staff in restaurant, they were always smiling and always seemed happy to be there, we got very friendly with one of the waiters, i think his name was Ozgur and he was so nice. He was polite and helpful and always gave me a big hug whenever we saw him.
For lunch you could either go to the main restaurant or go to the snack bar near the pool, the restaurant had different food everyday but was only open for a certain amount of time. So if you missed the time the food at the snack bar was there, it was the same everyday, kebab chicken, chips, pizzas, burgers, hotdogs and chicken nuggets so if you wanted the more cultural option then you needed to make sure you get to the restaurant.
The beach is only a 5 minute walk away and so is close whenever you want it, also the shops and bars are 5 minutes away so there is always somewhere to go or something to do when the entertainment finished at the hotel.

Overall this hotel DEFINITELY deserves 5*, it is always clean, the staff are so friendly and happy, and the hotel itself is lovely, would recommend this hotel and holiday to anyone of any age, this really was my best ever holiday and i was not let down at all. Highly recommended hotel, will certainly be going back next year!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Simmie-x-
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Grand Pasa for week 9.9.13-16-9-13.
Check in was fine, arriving at 5am and being the last off the coach we were just desperate to get to bed. The bell boy helped us with our cases to our rooms.
The beds are a little on the side but we were to exhausted to care and got used to them as the week went on.
In the morning we had a look out the balcony to a view of the opposite hotels bin area. But on the plus side it was quite. So we didn't bother asking to be moved.
Breakfast became a bit repetitive for me as all I could find that I liked was omelette. The beans were hard, butter was weird, pankackes bland, 'sausage' was like a spiced hot dog.However, I could always find something to eat for lunch and dinner, there was always pleanty to choose from. As for dessert they look tasty and are presented well, but rarely tasted nice. Opening time is a bit like feeding time at the zoo, I suggest going a little later on.
We alway sat just to the left as we came in the door and was waited on by OZGUR he was lovely, nothing ever to much trouble. Constantly run off his feet but always managed to say hi.
Also ate at the snack bar a few times. It serves the best chicken nuggets ever!
Just as the food bit opens theres a bit of a que at the bar but otherwise you can usually walk straight up.
Can't not mention Charlie the pool guy, as mentioned in other posts he's a little work horse!
Sailm the bookings guy from the hairdressers is lovely I'd book through him and get your self a good deal.
We also had tattoos done, Emtte has some tallent we're all really chuffed with his work.
The manager could do with cracking a smile once in a while!
The maids are lovely, the beds are made up with petals and sculptures out of the bedding, so pretty! One complaint would be the soap scum left all around the marble sinks, silver toilet roll holder and shower doors, not just in our room!
The pool is soo cold, the sea was warmer! Even the in door pool was frezzing.
The entertainment team are lovely they all make an effort to come say hi. They, as do all staff, work really hard but it there routines are really repetitive.
The decor is pleasant and tasteful, but on closer inspection well worn. Carpets stained etc.
All said and done I would return to Grand pasa.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank KirstenT89
Reviewed 17 September 2013

stayed here for a week 7/9/2013 room 303,lovely hotel ,nice n clean everybody that worked here gave it 100%,o cleaner was spot on each day ,doing me wonderful towel arts ,always smilling ,and saying hello ,the bar staff were always polite ............MOUSA was so polite and always gave us a smile ,but you could see he was tired at times ,but never let it get the better of him ,the staff at the food station in the pool bar worked so hard too always smiled and the lady always waved ,CHARLIE the pool lad ,never stopped ,always found us beds ,parasol for our family of six always was so friendly ,i was dreading the wellness centre staff and turkish shave people badgering us ......they never did we approached them for our turkish bath ,and my partners shave ,FOOD what an amazing spread and choice .never seen so much fruit/sald ,and it was all beautifully presented too .....the ENTERTAINMENT team were all so friendly but not entertaining ....but as for entertainment the hotel lacks it same old things each day ,darts ,gym /water aerobics bingo etc .busy hotel ,not ideal to chill tho ! worse beds ever too

Room Tip: we had 303 overlooked the pool ,peaceful at night after 11 oclock
1  Thank amanda t