“3rd time and still amazing ”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“3rd time and still amazing ”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back from another 2 weeks at the grand pasa and nothing has changed its still a brilliant hotel with great staff and the entertainment team (ollie..I-bo..jasmine) are awesome lots of fun ..the food is great still plenty of choice some people moan about the food but I think they forget there in turkey..lol.
Day trips are a plenty we always head down to the beach and get a taxi boat to wherever were going its only 10 lira(�3) each and thats even to icmeler which is a nice place to visit and cheaper for shopping than marmaris. And change your pounds to lira there as the exchange rate is better.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just returned from grand pasa a few days ago after a 2 week stay here. This hotel is one of the best in marmaris( and I've stayed in quite a few) and is excellent value for money. The hotel staff are great and will go out their way to help with anything ( ignore any reviews re this only happens for money as that is not true) there are plenty of choices for food in the main restaurant in the daytime and evening and the snack bar is also very good. Yes the evening entertainment could be improved on but this is only a small improved compared to the overall hotel experience. The pool area is kept spotless which I witnessed getting cleaned daily and also the staff working through the night every night cleaning the pool and surrounding area. The main slides can be a bit dangerous but Charlie the lifeguard works very hard to prevent this and during our stay actually closed it for a bit due to adults being careless. Overall the hotel was amazing, and we have already booked up again for next august. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Amzdudge
Scotland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Am I the only holiday maker whose visit to this hotel was interrupted by staff clearing all the pool area on a Saturday at 3pm to make way for that evenings Turkish wedding? 1000 guests! You can imagine what that entailed! All the paying guests were relegated to the lobby bar for the duration, the music went on til late evening.... Lovely to look at but not what we paid for.... Same again following day, another wedding but at least smaller. I contacted Thomas cook who assure me it was a 'one off' not so, as turkish weddings took place on our previous visit. Also the indoor pool is not promoted for holiday makers use, spa users only, despite being advertised in all the holiday brochures, and suddenly, it's not heated this year either!!!! Has been on previous visits.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Mithermo
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is our 2nd time at the Grand Pasa, all the staff work hard and are very friendly,food good plenty of choice night entertainment could be better.overall 1 of the better hotels in marmaris we have stayed in.The on-site jewellers is excellent value for money worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David A
atherstone
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The grand PASA is a great place to visit the previous review is a joke she says OLLIE works hard I've seen harder working peanuts the entertainment s a joke they need to bring back the old boys booboo Rambo , get a grip love ,and as for Charlie I've never slipped him any money and he always helped me and our party out , it obvious your a snob so go back to ur hiding pit the al a carte is a joke get in the restaurant as for the butter wot where you expecting CLOVER , try this hotel and ul find its good , yes cud b better if they sort entertainment out y do we want to hear dance music in the day and plz tell the dj to shut up

Room Tip: Don't use the al e carte it's crap , and OLLIE JASMIN and the dj r rubbish
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dicko5678
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked the grand pasa based on the reviews on trip advisor and as they are all so ' brilliant' and everyone loves the grand pasa we thought we got ourselves a bargain at £600 each, so we couldn't wait to get there.
As we arrived at 00.05am and the bar closes at midnight we couldn't get a drink even after our 3 hour transfer, we were starving and thirsty but never mind you got a bottle of water in the mini bar : ! The bell boys, what a joke they carried my boyfriends suitcase and I had to carry mine lol surely should be the other way around ???
The food is of a very low standard, I lived off chip sandwiches with no butter cause it was so disgusting I didn't bother putting any on. I did eat pizza on the 1st day mind from the snack bar until I seen the "chef " picking the toppings off and eating them and then putting them out for the guests without washing they're hands, absolute pathetic hygene.
Our room was nice but only because we had the suite otherwise I think we would have come home before we were supposed to if we were stuck in a standard room like our friends.
The drinks on the all inclusive are pathetic, and they don't clean the plastic glasses, that I had given to me 1 day and someone had actually chewed the rim all the way round, what 5 star hotel would serve that ????
The entertainment is a joke, I felt sorry for ollie because he tries so hard but its all crap, the best day we had there was a sunday when it was they're day off. They give off the impression that they're just trying to entertain themselves not the guests, the worst entertainment iv experienced, most concerned about going down the bar street, which is unbelievably rough ahnd quite frightening !!!
The pool area is a joke iv gotta bigger pond in my garden, theres around 500 people crammed all around it with no where near enough space to relax and the banging clubbing music doesnt help, maybe at night when I'm getting in the mood to go out but not in the day, you need some chill out old skool music for that. The slides are good fun but extremely dangerous as there are people back flipping and all sorts going down without so much as a telling off. I witnessed a little boy around 6 go down then a grown man around 50 straight after him before he had a chance to move, he nearly broke his neck the poor bugger, horrifying to see.
We never had our bath,toilet or sink cleaned for the whole week we were there in the end I had to do it myself as we couldn't bare to bathe in there, 5 star I think not.
The spa is also a joke, very shabby n dirty, I was going to have a fish pedicure untill I seen 2 dead fish at the bottom of the tank being eaten by the other fish, really relaxing and pampering, I think not !!
The al a carte is ok million times better than any other food we had there but theres cats everywhere out in the sitting area, and where theres cats there must be other things !!!!!
Everyone raves on about charlie, he is very hard working when you watch him but only for the people that slip him a few quid as he never even approached us to get us beds or anything
All in all I will never return to the grand pasa or to turkey for that matter, worst holiday iv ever been on and I am in no way a snob but I go away to enjoy a bit of the finer things in life as I work all year round, and I truely do regret spending my hard earned money on this holiday, so I advise you to not listen to the other reviews as you will be disappointed aswel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank xxLouisexx2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Traveling party (65, 64, 32, 30, 6, 3)

We stayed in the Grand Pasa for 11 nights 05/09/13 -16/09/13 and we were left pretty disappointed.
We've been on holiday in Marmaris for the past 3 years and have been 4* Self Catering (Club Aida) so we decided to give the 5* All inclusive Grand Pasa a go, We left thinking it was more 3.5 - 4* (Turkish Standards).

Positives : Yes i can agree with some of the other views about the staff being friendly, Charlie the pool guy very helpful, the entertainment team being good with the kids.

Negatives : Where do i start! The restaurant - Always check your glasses/plates as we had quite a few that were chipped, Breakfast doesnt serve bacon or sausages - only small cocktail sized frankfurters. Dinners - Yes they had a variation but as a group none of us were impressed with the quality on show. The outdoor snackbar had the same food everyday - Chicken kebabs, Overcooked chicken nuggets, burnt pizza and dried up salad bar. Outdoor drinks - served in plastic cups that were rarely properly washed - just a quick rinse under the tap. Poolside - Tiles around the poolside can be slippy i seen quite a few people slipping, also in the afternoon they played water polo which got overly aggresive (fuelled by the entertainment team) one lady was in tears after getting smacked in the face with the ball. Also Ice Cream or Ice lollies are not included they have to be paid for, my wife enquired at the reception why not as it was supposedly 5*AI she was told no and you only get free ice cream every 3rd night with the evening meal.

We spoke to various other people around the pool who agreed with our negative points, one family whom had visited 3 years prior had said that there had been a massive decline in standards since their last visit.

Overall Grand Pasa is a nice hotel but definately not 5*.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family