“Lovely clean and modern hotel but miserable staff!!”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“Lovely clean and modern hotel but miserable staff!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just come back from an amazing week in marmaris!! The Grand Pasa hotel is lovely it is spotless clean and has nice modern decor. Our room was on the roadside which was fine not noisy at all. The food was great with lots of variety also. There are only 2 things which let this hotel down 1.the a la carte restaurant only sits 45 people so with a hotel with over 600 guests we couldn't get a table the whole week. 2. All the staff are miserable part from the entertainment team but there wasn't a lot of entertainment on at this hotel only darts and aqua aerobics in daytime and bingo at night!!
We went on a jeep safari trip which was by far the highlight of our trip defo reccomemd everyone to do it and also a boat trip!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Struthruth5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed with my tennage daughter and friend in April 2014. The hotel wasn't full but enough people around to join in activities. Plenty of sunbeds and staff will happily find and move umbrella's cushions etc for you. Entertainment team were friendly and tried to encourage people to join in. Food was average but about what you'd expect for an all inclusive. Cakes at 5 o clock was a nice touch. Rooms are clean and maids very pleasant.
Definitely worth what we paid so would recommend. The only slight negative is it's a little out of town but that actually suited us.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 Thank Joanne B
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First time here, and was impressed. The rooms are very spacious and clean. We were there April 26th for a week and the weather wasn't that great. We went out a lot as there wasn't much in the way of entertainment. The food was quite good for all inclusive and there was quite a lot of choice. I was a bit disappointed with the food not being very hot, but you could go to the grill area where the chef was cooking omelettes and pancakes, or sometimes fresh fish (Yummy) and this was hot. Breakfast wasn't that good either, just eggs and toast or continental.
The bar staff were ok, sometimes a bit grumpy, other times ok. Cleaning staff were very pleasant and friendly. We walked it to Icemeler one day and Marmaris another, which are both about 3 kilometers each way along the sea front and really lovely walks. We also went on a boat trip (Mega diana) which was fab, the captain and crew were first class.

Room Tip: pool rooms are nicer view but nosier at 10am with hotel music.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here April 2014 for two weeks me and my wife and 3 children 8/12and 13 this was our first time in turkey so didn't know what to expect our first impressions of the hotel were nice place but as the holiday progressed it got slowly worse the rooms are a little shaby to say the least but are cleaned on a daily basis my son had 50 lira stolen from his glasses case and when we reported it to the manager he brushed it of like it was our fault for leaving it not locked away the entertainment was pretty much non existent on a night time and not much for kids during the day our 13 year daughter ended up creating her own holiday club with some friends they made. Food was ok something different most days witch can be hard for 2 weeks at breakfast they will cook fried eggs or omelette right there for you so at least its hot no bacon and the sausage is more like hot dogs cut in to small chunks forgive me if I like a proper breakfast .Lunch was very hit n miss I found my self making cheese on toast more than once as nothing I fancied kids practically lived on chicken nuggets n chips deserts were poor to say the least .Evening meal was ok pretty much your usual all inc first come first serve get it whilst it hot stuff Drinks if your a lager drinker if you don't like the local brew then your pretty much out off luck the pool was very cold and there is no shallow end so kids beware. There is a little toddler pool but its very small .The staff overall are very pleasant would I return I don't think so as there are nicer places to stay for around the same price .We had a great holiday in Turkey would loads to do outside top tip don't buy day trips from hotel they can be found all over much cheaper the quads n bugs is a must for thrill seekers and jeep safari is a great family day out cheers GoGo at Mr travel saved me a few quid compared to hotels reps

Room Tip: ask for pool view
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great hotel all round. Very clean, staff were friendly, the food for such a large hotel was good and the a la cart menu was perfect. Would go back tomorrow. Pool is good size and slides great fun. Pool was cold in April until you get acclimatised to it. Not a bad area ether nice walk along the promenade.

1 Thank Darrenmc_13
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First off I'll start by addressing the 'not 5 star' comments. No, compared to 5* in places like Mexico this hotel doesn't match up however we paid £320 per person for a week which was well worth it and more.

I travelled with my husband (we are 33 and 37) and arrived in the early hours of Saturday morning. Check in was quick, easy and painless. I was less impressed when we arrived at our room (350) to find that the bins were being emptied across the street and it was really noisy. I have never asked to change room before but next day we were changed to room 457 (I also managed to pick up the wifi signal here) with no hassle and the bonus was this faced the pool. Big thumbs up to Tugba- she's the best!

The room was spacious with a double bed plus additional single bed, decent sized bathroom with bath and plenty of storage. Like everywhere else in the hotel, these were spotless and cleaned thoroughly. I found even when we put up the Do Not Disturb sign after a late night on the cocktails, they came back later with clean towels.

We found the food really enjoyable and never struggled to find something to eat and I can be fussy. The salad bar is excellent as well as all the fresh bread and I wish I had asked for the recipe for the vegetable soup before I left! The waiters in the restaurant were mostly excellent too and friendly. The only downfall for me with the restaurant was that it could have maybe have done with two dinner sittings with numbered tables that you sit at for the duration of your holiday.

We only made it to breakfast on two mornings and if you expect traditional british breakfast you won't get it although this can be found in restaurants around the hotel for as little as £2 but the freshly made omlettes and crepes/ pancakes were lovely.

The poolside is excellent with plenty of beds and parasols and again, the staff work tirelessly to keep the area clean. There is music on for much of the day around the pool but we enjoyed this although understand it might not be to the taste of others.

The entertainment team are lovely guys who work really hard and the hotel entertainment is pretty much standard with most resorts. The music quiz and Mr & Mrs were good fun with loads of audience participation as was the belly dancer who dragged my husband up on stage only for him to be molested by the men!! If you don't want to sit downstairs you can sit at the lobby bar or around the poolside.

On our last day we did the Turkish bath and massage at the spa to kill some time before getting picked up for the airport and this was lovely. We did the Turkish bath on our first day at another location and although the hotel spa is slightly more expensive it was well worth it- the girls who do the massge have magic hands!

I am not sure if I would return to Marmaris again but if I did I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miss_B037780
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Well back again at the grand pasa with friends we met last year sad to see some of the staff have gone but the staff that are here are still great ... Food ... Outside at the pool there is food on all afternoon but don't expect anything to fab but great if you like chicken nuggets and chips every day so can get a bit boring ... Evening meals have not changed a lot since last year just edible nothing to write home about ... Rooms again no complaints clean and well maintained .. The pool a bit cold at this time of the year but clean .. Had hair done by David and jack on on site hair salon did a really good job thank you .. My husband had tattoo by artist on site and my friend bought from star gold again thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple