“Grand Pasa Hotel, marmaris.”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Lovely hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Food very good, quite a variety. The rooms very nicely furnished and comfortable. Standards of cleanliness very high, no complaints at all. Dress was very casual in the evening but the entertainment was minimal. The turkish bath and spa was a relaxing experience one we can highly reccommend. The hotel is walking distance to the bars on the beach and far away enough from the foam parties. A great holiday !! We definately reccommend !! Jan and Chris Wickham (40's Wirral)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed 25 September 2009

Let’s start by saying the Grand Pasa is all it says it is on the websites and in the brochures, not what some reviewers negatively state on here.
We went on 22 Aug to 5 Sept 2009 and had a great time. Myself, My wife and 10 year old daughter. We don't normally go to the same place twice but I have to say I would definitely go back again. Forget all the bad reviews you read on here; in my opinion they are purely fictional. Go and read the Londongizzmo review, its spot on. I appreciate some people do get problems which can overshadow the real view of the whole picture however; I never saw anything like the negative things people wrote about on here.
All the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful, the entertainment while basic is pretty good, I have to say a massive thank you to Lee & Jamal who work tirelessly to try and make your stay as entertaining as it could possibly be, along with the other entertainments crew too. They don't have a lot to work with but believe me; they make the best of what they have. The food is a bit repetitive but always a big choice needless to say you will never go hungry. Rooms cleaned everyday, fresh clean towels supplied in rooms and for the pool everyday, read the brochures, its what you get. As for getting up early for sun beds, I haven't been to a hotel in main season where this isn't the case, unless you start paying £3000 pp per week. This hotel is great value for the money you pay to stay here. The music round to pool area is varied and loud at times but nothing as excessive as in some write ups I read, live with it, you're on holiday!!!!
If you want an enjoyable holiday, go here, join in the fun, go on the excursions, get a good tan, then go home and write a good review!!!! Don't write bad ones unless you can back it up with something positive to say. If you had no positives then just don't go back, simple!!!!
I could go on and on about all the things we did and how enjoyable it all was but unfortunately I have to end on the only negative point I can think of; we had to go home!!! 

People we met and remember who made our holiday even more special:
Brian, Brian, Mavis, Sue and Alex.
Leah, Jason and Ryan.
Claire and Kim, Mad as Hatters at a tea party!!!
Pete “Potter” up the Stoke n Nantwich!!!! Absolute gent, as genuine as you will ever meet.
Lucy, Alan, Jasmine and Kaliegh. Alan, you’re mad too but a great laugh!!!! 
Hemedy, Lee, Jamal and Sheby …. The Entertainment crew.
Graham, Margaret & Sally. Graham thanks for the chats in the mornings!!!!
Kevin, Nicky, and Steff, another true gentleman but his daughters, although lovely need to learn how to play fair  !!!! (BOTCHA)

There were numerous others we met, much more than my forty ish brain can remember so I apologise if I missed you out.

P.S. Lee & Jamal, if you’re reading and wondering who is writing this, remember BRUNO!!!!!!!!

Danny_hill, go back to the Aqua Fantastic but read the reviews about that hotel on this site first!!!! I did pay much less than £2000 so shop around too!!

Londongizzmo, brilliant write up!!!! Efes is available in most large supermarkets over here. Be warned though, it doesn’t taste the same

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Wotsey
Reviewed 22 September 2009

just returned from the grand pasa hotel and can honestly say we had a brilliant stay.
went for a week with my boyfriend and didn't want to leave. Food is brilliant plenty to chose from, rooms cleaned daily with fresh bedding and towels, maids did a brilliant job even went to the extent of picking petals and spreading them on the bed. Everynight the staff thoroughly cleaned the pool area and it was spotless with a good size pool and 3 slides with a brilliant atmosphere. Entertainment was a good laugh everynight, with cash bingo (which we never won!).
Drink are very good, not watered down which was nice.
Definately recommend this hotel, cannot wait to go back again in the future.
Ignore the petty reviews we did and loved it!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EnglandAdele
Reviewed 21 September 2009

we had lovely holiday.fantastic entertainment. they are 4 but really perfect

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank didodream
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Myself, my wife and my two boys aged 9 & 11 stayed at the Grand Pasa for our two week Summer Holiday. We also took my mother along as a bit of a treat.

We arrived to a nice looking hotel. The whole atrium / lounge / reception area is nicely laid out and gives the impression of quality. We checked in minimal fuss and went off to our rooms.....and then stepped into Ikea! The rooms had no style to them at all, and if couples with kids were hoping for a screen or partition, forget it. You are sleeping 3 feet away from the little darlings. 2 weeks of celibacy here we go!

The bathroom was clean and functional, but small and not very well maintained. The silical sealant around the bath had at one point been quite mouldy and the stains are left there as a testament to that fact. Some of the silica had been picked away and it looked quite messy.

The pool area has fairly shoddy sun loungers which are in varying states of repair, with the totally broken ones left lying around. To secure a lounger in a sunlit area you have to be up very early. They have also tried to pack too many in. there are areas where the loungers are three deep with hardly any space in between.

The restaurant. Ah, what a delight that was. Occasionally there would be something nice, but all too frequently there wouldn't. I like a wide variety of foods and consider myself well travelled, but some of the things served up were not so much traditional Turkish cuisine, but more badly cooked cheap produce. What was labled as lamb was most definitely mutton. The chicken was the only thing in great supply that could be found half decently cooked, but even then only half! If you like your eggs cooked a certain way, for instance flipped and not snotty with the yolk in tact, don't try and tell the cook. He'll scowl at you that he is the cook and do the eggs his way only.

The A La Carte restaurant is a far fling from fine dining, but is very close to the dining hall! Which is a handy thing indeed, because that's where all the food comes from! There is no choice with the starter or the main other than the choice between beef or chicken. There is a dessert menu that had only two of the five choices. We asked for the wine list and was told they had two types of wine; red or white. Lovely!

I have to admit I was expecting great things from this hotel having stayed previously at a 5 star in Kusadassi which was exceptional (The Aqua Fantasy Hotel - Fantastic!). I wasn't expecting British or American 5 star quality or service, but I was expecting more than the 2 1/2 that I would give this place. My wife suffered for three days with food poisoning after which we ate out all the time. By day ten even the kids were looking forward to going home, a slight contrast to the teary eyes when we had to leave Kusadassi!

If you can get two weeks for around £2000 I'd say you're getting your money's worth. If you are paying £4000 like we did, or £6000 like another couple we talked to, then I would seriously look somewhere else. In the 2 weeks we were there we saw heated exchanges at reception on a number of occasions, and every other couple we talked to had more tails of missery and disappointment.

Stay away - here be monsters!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Have just returned from a two week all inclusive holiday with my boyfriend to the grand pasa and had a fantastic holiday. You could not fault the hotel at all for what you pay the hotel is clean and spotless your rooms are cleaned every day thoroughely even to the extent of hoovering your balcany and towels are changed daily. The pool is medium sized but was never really busy as most people lay on the sunbeds all day or are on the three slides which my boyfriend spent most off his time they are really good fun like having a little water park in you hotel. You do not need your own towels for the pool as these are supplied from the spa the only annoying thing about the pool is there are not enough sunbeds and you have to get up before 7 to get a decent sunbed. The food at the hotel was ok very repetertive especially if you have been staying there for two weeks we normally went round the corner to a bar called emporium for breakfast which was lovely full english for 5 lira about £2.30. The hotel food was stuff like rice chips and a massive salad cart that had lovely fresh salads they also had cold pasta salads and then they had an open kitchen where they cooked the meet and pizza you could never go hungry. The hotel entertainment is not very good but we were told that they had no budget to get people in but we meet loads off friends out there but your holiday is only what u make it.
We also done three excursions while we were there we done the turkish bath in our hotel which were ok they scrub all the dead skin off you body bit rough but most people loved it then you have a foam massage then a face mask and then u have a private massage which me and my boyfriend were both in a room where there were candles and music and had a lovely massage. We also done a boat trip make sure you book this around the corner next to diana restuarant with actionman as ur rep will rip u off and make sure you ask for all inclusive boat u will pay bit extra but drinks r included which are normally really expensive on the boat. Then we done the best trip we have ever been on jeep safari was far the best day of the whole holiday you have massive water fights with the other jeeps expect to get very wet n muddy but its great fun then u visit a carpet factory and have luch then have some free time at the beach near there which is beautifull. All in all had a fantastic holiday and would defentely go back next year jelous off the people that are going now

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holidaylover015
Reviewed 16 September 2009

well what can i say, the best holiday ive had in a long time. my boyfriend and i had a fantastic time. it was my first time in turkey and it wont be the last. the hotel was beautiful, staff so friendly and the atmosphere was very laid back. we were lucky enough to of been upgraded to the suite for our first night, fab!!! dont listen to a bad word about the hotel. restaurant was good, im a fussy eater anyway but my boyfriend was always happy with the main meals, as for the puddings...u have to taste every single 1. we both had a turkish bath at the hotel, very very relaxin, its a must the first day u arrive, we also had a tattoo with emrah...hes the man!!!!!
defo goin back next year

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple