“4* hotel with 3* food and 3* sunbeds”
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Just returned yesterday from one week in this hotel. Room OK but not enough drawer space. Air con very efficient. Our room -118 - never got any sun on the spacious balcony but at least it kept the room cool. Toilet paper has to go in bin beside loo and was not emptied on one day! Wine glasses in room were never washed up. You each get a small complimentary bottle of water in the room fridge which you can then refill from water coolers dotted around hotel. Entertainment team worked very hard and I have seen much worse in other hotels. Sunbeds crammed too close together so difficult to put up sunshade without torrent of abuse from Scottish woman on next sunbed along. Pool very well maintained but same depth all over at 1.5m. Sunbed mattresses rather tatty as were pool towels supplied - definitely not 5*.
General opinion expressed was that it is a 4* hotel with 3* food, which was plentiful but offered meatballs in various guises every lunchtime and every dinnertime! Food too bland on the whole and dumbed down for the average Brit holidaymaker, some of whom were drunk on the All Inclusive by 11 am! I would not call it a restaurant - more a refectory with tablecloths and paper serviettes rather than napkins, and the self-serve wine was definitely watered down. Would I go back again? No.

Reviewed 19 October 2009

All staff I encountered very friendly and helpful (sometimes too helpful, restaurant staff take dirty plates off you even when you planned to reuse it!). Enormous delicious buffets presented at meal times, arrive promptly popular dishes (especially desserts) disappear quickly. Room large and well appointed, it was a pity the TV didn't have a built in DVD player. Hotel decor classic business hotel: browns and golds. Although not on the beach, you can use the private beach of the nearby sister hotel, Pasa Beach, if you want. Daily craft market nearby. About 2 miles from Marmaris centre but close to the entrance to Marmaris National Park if you like walking.

Nothing to do with hotel; but I recommend the day trip to Dalyan.

Reviewed 16 October 2009

A group of 7 of us stayed at the Pasa Grand for 2 weeks. Hotel lovely, all areas very clean. Good choice of food in the dining room. Could do with more staff in there as they never stopped and seemed to be there all day. We had a turkish bath in the hotel spa, which was amazing and I would definitely recommend that. Only thing that lets this hotel down is the entertainment staff. It was the same thing day in and day out all day long. The little fat guy was especially annoying.

We went with Thomas Cook and did the mud baths trip on the last day. It seemed like a good idea as it meant we were nearer the airport for transfer. On hindsight it was a bad decision, the hotel ((La Perla) where we were transferred to was appalling. The rooms were dirty, the shower cubicle fell apart while we were in it and the food was terrible and we paid for an upgrade with air conditioning......so god knows what we'd have ended up with if we hadn't upgraded!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2009

This hotel is spotless , the lobby , bedrooms and pool area are immaculate .However the food is vile , bland ,only nice meal is the breakfast ,my 4 year old took chicken nuggets one teatime it was grey in the middle and covered in grease .So we tended to eat out quite a bit , food in local restaurants was lovely and very reasonable .The staff were in general very pleasant except the hairdressers , they tortured the life out of me . Also as most others have suggested the early bird gets the sunbeds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Kids club was good as were the waterslides for children .O.K hotel but wont be going back

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We just arrived home on the 5th oct after two weeks stay in what Thomas Cook describe as one of there top hotels the grand pasa 5* in turkey which we classed 3* as other guests said the same.The reception staff were not friendly and hard to understand.
Our room 237 especially the bathroom as in cleaning was never touched,the shower screen was filthy I dont think it has been touched since the hotel was built also the top in wash handbasin was the same.
The food was cold most of the time,we always checked dishes and cutlery to make sure they were cleaned right.
The white wine was horrible to drink and the rum/brandy and whiskey was poured from the same bottle.Hotel was overcrowed with guests and badly understaffed. If you want good food and drink dont go A/I in turkey.
Please take my adivce and avoid this over rated hotel

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. There's only one other place in the World that I've ever said that.
The Staff were always attentive, and even though very busy, queuing times were never noticeable.
You must try the Turkish Bath and massage. Cost me £30, and I got a sauna, face mask, steam room, jacuzzi, Turkish Bath and a massage. Qualified people, and I discovered muscles that I didn't know I had.
I have seen other comments about the lack of beds, but there were always beds available. The usual Germans and Glasweigans were out at seven in the morning planting their towels on the sunbeds, but there were still plenty of beds in sunny locations. I can never see the point of placing towels on unused beds for five or six hours, and then sit underneath a parasol for the afternoon. Perhaps a minor criticism of the hotel is that they should enforce their rule about the placing of towels on sunbeds and non-use. It's bodies what keep sunbeds, not towels.
The Ala Carte restaurant needs some attention though. Just a mirror image of the buffet, but with fresh cooking to order. I probably wouldn't bother with an Ala Carte restaurant visit myself now that I have experienced it.
A bus ride to Marmaris is 15 minutes, costing 1.5 Lira, and is the green bus on the main road. Just tell the Driver where you want to go to, and he'll let you off. If you want the second biggest Bazaar in Turkey, then get off at the Ataturk statue in the harbour. If you see something en route that you wish to stop at, just shout "Stop, please", and the Driver will pull over and let you out. There's a bus every five minutes during the day, and right up to the wee early hours there are also plenty.
I felt really secure here, and although there's quite a lot of "come and buy things from me", 99% of the traders will have a laugh and joke with you, and will be genuinely interested in your answers to the stock questions of "where are you from", and then invite you into the shop. Bartering is about honest wholesome fun, obtaining the best deal for the goods that you want.
Anyway, back to the hotel. A truly international hotel, and all tastes got on famously. Great service, and fabulous staff. I recommend this hotel to you, dear reader.

Reviewed 11 October 2009

Returned from this hotel last Friday. Had a great time. Started off in a noisy room (ground floor by the road over the generator) asked to be moved and were to a pool view room within 3 days. Excellent considering the hotel was overbooked. Good size rooms, clean towels every day, bedding changed every couple of days. Food choice was excellent. Lovely salad bar. Waiting staff couldn't have been more helpful. Al a Carte restaurant is a must, the food is not the same as the hotel it is all cooked and served fresh. "We never got fresh borek for dinner in the hotel restaurant". We never meet the surly reception staff the moaners said to look out for. We have never seen a hotel pool cleaned so often, everything was scrubbed down every night. Always plenty of sun loungers. If you read that this hotel is not suitable walking for mobility impaired this is not true, but make sure you walk via the Artisan street. We would consider visiting again. Entertainment was poor but the animation team did the best they could. There is plenty of entertainment locally. Diana bar opposite hotel is a must.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple