“Amazing - Will Definitely Go Back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Pasa Hotel

Grand Pasa Hotel
Ranked #18 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing - Will Definitely Go Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

How can anyone fault this hotel?

We arrived back today from a week at the Grand Pasa and I can honestly say it's the nicest hotel overall we've ever stayed in. It totally deserves it's 5* rating unlike some in other places who don't.

Food: There isn't much time in the day where you can't get something to eat. 7-10am is breakfast, 10-11am is late breakfast, 12pm-4pm there is food in the pool snack bar, 12:30 - 2pm is lunch, 5-6pm is cakes/tea, 7:30-9:30pm is dinner and at 11pm there is soup, sandwiches and baked potatoes available.

I seriously wonder what planet those who complain about the food are on. There are at least 150 choices at every mealtime, many of which are salad type things, variety of veg, some turkish foods, some more UK foods. Even for all those "fry up" Brits abroad who only want normal food, there were always chips, pasta, rice, chicken dishes, breads. At breakfast there were fried eggs, sausage, toast, cereals, loads of fresh fruits, croissants. Like I say, I fail to see how anyone could struggle to eat.

I'm vegetarian and was a bit worried, but I needn't have been, there was loads of things for me. My 5yo and 3yo were in their element choosing all the food too. Most evenings there was a chef carving meat as well. The desserts were just delicious looking. Mostly a bit sweet for my liking but the effort and presentation were just amazing. The snack bar lunches were pizza, chicken nuggets, chips and there was a lady making fresh flatbread stuff which was yummy!

Drinks: There were big chillers full of 4 different fruit juices located all over the hotel to help yourself to. Same with water. There is a bar in the restuarant, lobby, poolside and terrace. You can get beers, cocktails, brandy, vodka, coke, fanta, sprite and maybe a couple of other spirits.

Hotel: On arrival into the reception I was gobsmacked, it's stunning. All marble and glass up 5 floors. There is a lobby bar and lovely seating area just off the reception where you can help yourself to juice and coffee all day and the bar has a barman. The reception itself has a large TV and plenty of seating. We were there when the World Cup final was on and this turned into a fab area to watch it! From here you can go out doors onto the terrace, or down one of 2 flights of stairs to the spa or restaurant. There are 2 lifts to the upper floors and a small set of stairs to the rooms on that level where we were. Throughout the hotel there is music playing daily, calming pan pipe stuff. There is free Wi-Fi in the reception area also.

The Room: We were in room 105, there were 4 of us and had a big double bed (might even have been a king) a single and another bed had been put in. We still had loads of space. Our room looked over the pool area which was lovely. I was a bit concerned about how loud it would be with the kids sleeping, but when the door is closed it's surprisingly soundproof! The bathroom is gorgeous too, towels are replaced every 2 days and the cleaners are just brilliant.

Staff: Mostly the staff are very friendly, though I have to say some of the bar staff need to be shown some manners! To be fair though I don't blame them, being all inclusive, they are just serving the same few drinks all day long and it must be dull, but being rude to customers isn't helpful. I'll come to Entertainment team separately. The waiting staff were very efficient, and loved to chat to the kids. As I said the cleaners were brilliant and receptionists friendly.

Entertainment: No matter your age there's something to do at this hotel. For us having small kids there was the kids club 10:15-12:15 each morning in a wee bungalow near the kids pool. They did crafts and games which kept them out the sun for a while! In the afternoons they did darts and table tennis for kids too. All day there was adults stuff on too, darts, table tennis, water aerobics, dancing around the pool etc. By night there was a kids disco at 9pm followed by the evening entertainment. We saw dance acts, circus acts, Turkey's top bartender etc. Then there was sometimes bingo, comedy or something by the team. Then at 11pm I know they put on a bus to take people to different clubs (I didn't go so can't comment) coming home at 3am. Goodness knows when they all sleep! They are there so early and late! My kids loved the disco and the girls were great with them.

Pool Area: This was spotless like the rest of the hotel. The guy who looks after this works like a trojan, harder than I've ever seen anyone work ever. He was making sure people weren't keeping sunbeds all day and not using them, shifting them about for people, sorting parasols, emptying bins and at the end of the day when everyone just got up and walked off, he'd spend ages putting it all away, clearing the water and setting out tables for the evening stuff. The guy deserves a medal never mind a tip. He wears a t-shirt saying "lifeguard" but to be honest he didn't have 2 minutes to watch for drowning people!

Criticisms: One would definitely be the lack of lifeguard. The slides area is pretty dangerous unsupervised. People going down on lilo's and landing on other people. And stupid kids climbing UP the slides when the stairs are locked at some times in the day. It's so dangerous. Also the big pool is 1.5m all over, which is fairly deep and no-one really watches over.

My only other criticism really is that it was just too busy. However in saying that they coped with it amazingly. They could accommodate us all in the restaurant and around the pool (just) just we were having to get up at 6:45am to reserve sunloungers which was crazy. Not the hotel's fault I might add!

Surrounding area: We only went out a couple of evenings, to be honest we didn't need to leave the hotel! There was a wee market type thing on the way to what I think was a fairly main strip area. We got a few fake tshirts and stuff for good prices in the shops there.

Onsite Shops: There is a gift shop (the couple who run it are lovely) a hairdressers/nailbar, they are lovely too if a little pushy in telling everyone they have messy hair and he needs to cut it! I got a french manicure while there which was lovely. There's a tattoo place, a gold shop and a newsagent place (ice lollies)

Spa: I didn't actually go here, I didn't like how pushy they were coming round the pool. And I didn't want to spend a day inside when I was only there 6 days really. On speaking to others they said it was amazing though. There is also a gym.

Towels: You don't need to take towels with you! On arrival you're given a card each to collect one towel a day from the fitness centre. You return it the next morning in exchange for a clean one. So lighten your luggage by not taking towels!

I would go back to this hotel without a shadow of doubt as it's elegant but not so that you have to dress up or not go in swim clothes around the place. I hope this review helps someone, as I was reading them all but not able to piece much together before we went and things I wish I'd known!

Happy Holidays!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank pinktwinkles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Nope, this hotel is never a 5 star. Lovely atrium/reception area is impressive. Hotel is only about 4/5 years old. We wanted to get away for a quick ten days in the sun but also perhaps wanted to also enjoy some peace and quiet so didn't really do our homework as this hotel seems to attract a bit of a 2 star clientele - Football tops, tattoos, and insatiable appetites for all inclusive binging of food and drink. Previous comments from other reviewers talk about not enough space for loungers at the pool and the need to get down and 'reserve' your lounger by 8am are correct. Also, the on-site hairdressers, photographers and Turkish bath guy wandered around all day making chat and touting for business 'Hello my friend, how are you today?" The photographers even skulk around in the dining room looking to take photos. Just not 5 star and located in a fairly dense location. The security guys at the front of most properties were reassurring yet there very presence suggests that there are a lot of potential spots of bother you could get yourself into if you are not careful....
Won't be going back to Turkey I'm afraid - Life's too short.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Wheresmyglasses
hereford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Just returned from a week in Hotel Grand Pasa and after weeks of searching for hotels, looking at prices and trip advisor reviews, this hotel lived up to our expectations. The hotel is only a few years old and our room was immaculate. The maids did a great job daily. Top marks!! We were on the top floor which had a sun terrace with a distant sea view and a view of the neighbouring hotel pool which was great. The other side of the hotel looks towards mountains and the hotel pool. The lifts are accessible and handy although sometimes slow at the obvious busy times, dinner and bed time. The sun beds were nearly always reserved but the lifeguard is on hand to help you find one. The slides are good fun and are open for certain times of the day. The food had a good variety every day and the late night soup between 23:00 - midnight was a nice touch. The bar staff did struggle on days to crack a smile and the beer is watered down so stick to straight spirits and you get your monies worth for all inclusive. The entertainment was lame on several of the days unfortunately. The day activities were the same but always popular but the evening entertainment was brief and unfortunately sometime unprofessional but it is varied and they do play BINGO!!! The entertainment team did work hard though to please and are very personable. Marmaris is full of the same shops with the same fake clothes etc but its good fun to barter with the locals. A dolbus at the end of the road goes to Marmaris or Icemeler and is really cheap. Bar Street - the main night spot in Marmaris - we were told was very expensive but we never went. The hotel offer an option a few nights of the week to escort you to the bars and bring you back at 3am but as I said the beers werent cheap. The turkish massage was lush but book it on your first day as soon as you arrive. The shop was handy and the hairdressers did my partner a nice shave. The tattoo shop was very busy and the work looked good but Emrah seems to keep the tattoo simple but the shop is owned by English people so language barriers etc. The jewellers on site seemed pricey but they had some nice pieces. The take away restaurant Harrys Rams just down the road does a great kebab!! All in all this hotel was great to relax and enjoy the sunshine in a clean, modern hotel. Oh and uk tv in the rooms with several of our channels.

3 Thank Kat6666
atherstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

after reading reviews i was going to change hotels, thank god i didnt , it was fantastic, everything from the food [ok always eggs] at breakfast ,but the choices for the dinners was superb,somebody said food was not hot well thats cus us brits where too idol to put the lid back on even stiil it was still ok,the hotel it self was amazing if i add 1 fault it was avin to get up at 6 to get a sunbed but it wernt the germans it was the brits putting towels on at 6 and not coming down till 2/3 in the afternoon .the al a carte is not worth going even tho it was free dont bother,all i can say is thank god i didnt listen to the people who put things on trip advisor.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Rotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

This hotel was great, the food was varied and we both enjoyed it, we used our a la carte visit and this was excellent, we had no problems with the waiter trying to charge us for bringing alcohol from the bar.
The room was a bit small and our balcony was small as we were in an inside corner room (217), the cleaners were brilliant changing towels and bed linen daily, we didn't hire the safe and nothing went missing. In the fridge you will find 4 bottles of water which are provided free of charge, the air con is a god send, when its 45c outside just close the balcony doors and set it to its lowest (ours was 18c) and enjoy.
The pool area is slightly over crowded and loungers do go early but this is down to inconsiderate holidaymakers putting towels on them in the early am but not coming down until pm, when the lifeguard is on duty and if he sees you looking for a lounger he will remove towels from loungers that are still unused and let you use them.
You will get asked by the photographer/hairdresser/tattooist but this only happened to us once and we kindly said no and they never bothered us again, i had a turkish shave (10 lira/£4) and this was a pleasant change to the gillette.
It is located a long way from the town centre bus domus buses run every few minutes and cost 1.75 lira to Marmaris or 2 lira to Icmeler, so both are less than £1 and run until 0130.
Free wi-fi is also provided in reception/bar area, just go to reception for username and password.

1 Thank Paul M
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

Having read all the reviews on this hotel I must say I am simply amazed as to how anyone can say anything negative about this hotel!! We went for 10 days and returned last week. The weather was amazing, the hotel was fantastic and the entertainment was superb. Firstly to the negative points people raise on here: yes you do have to get up at 6-7am every morning to get a sunbed; thats life - its a very popular hotel and people want to stay around the pool and soak up the rays, enjoy the entertainment and make use of the all inclusive facilities.

The beer (EFES) is not watered down and if it is my girlfriend and I did not notice! It's actually a really nice light lager that is ideal for day/night drinking.

The food is soooo varied its untrue! There is always fish, meat, side orders, a huge array of salads and "healthy" foods. Yes its not fine dining but for the price you pay for this holiday the food is excellent full stop!

In summary I am not one for returning to the same hotel but I would certainly go back here.

The hotel is for EVERYONE - I must say the entertainment team work so hard and I can definatley say this hotel is good for kids, families and young/old couples. If you like Dance music go here! David Guetta songs are very popular!!!!
Also look out for the Club Dance....... brilliant fun! WHHHAAATTTSSSUPPP!!!
Its very easy to meet people and the hotel has a great combination of nationalities.

One point for all you guys that may venture to Bar Street - it is brilliant and the open air clubs are great but beware it is not CHEAP! Cocktails are very expensive!

Good things to do: Turkish Spa, Mud Baths boat trip, Icmeler beach, all games/entertainment around the pool!

On the whole this hotel is hugely recommended and I would encourgage anyone looking to go to Marmaris to stay here!

You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaiSads28
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

good points are the food is fantastic, always something to eat even for fussy eaters there is turkish food plus loads of chicken, beef dishes, turkey, fish loads of veg and rice and pasta, always a choice of 2 soups, a massive salad bar, chefs cooking foods in front of you plus british food, pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers chips and chicken kebabs.there is also a massive choice of cakes and deserts.the home made breads are also gorgeous as are the omelets and pancakes cooked by the chef in the mornings you really cant struggle to eat despite what some people have written.
yes you do have to get up at 6-7 for a sunbed but you only have to nip down throw some towels down and get back in bed as long as your back on your sunbed for 11 as your towels will be removed.its a pain but its not the end of the world.
the beer is watered down, but simple answer is drink more of it !!! some bar staff couldnt crack a smile and would pull a face if you asked for more than 2 drinks. you can only get 2 drinks at 5 to 12 too so if you want a big round start going to the bar about 11.30 and getting a few in !entertainment is quite poor and only lasts till 10.30 ish which is poor as the all inclusive is on till 12 so there is 1 and half hours without anything really going on.
we only got mithered by the hair dresser and entertainments team once and when we said we werent interested they left us alone for the rest of the week.
rooms are lovely and maids did a fabulous job we got fresh towels and beds made every day.
the pool is lovely and the slides are a good laugh, didnt go in the a la carte but everyone said it was lovely.
all in all the hotel is impressive and lovely and i would definately go again as its great value for money as it isnt expensive to stay there, its a turkish 5 star prob a 4 star in england as its no marriott or hilton but really enjoyed our stay there.
wouldnt bother with jeep safari its a bit of a money spinner and although the actual tickets are cheap you need to take a lot more money for all the 'breaks' you have where they stop in the back of beyond and its big money for drinks and you have to pay 10 lira each to 'rent' a water gun!.
marmaris itself as gone up a lot recently and bar street is expensive but worth going as a 1 off. remember to haggle in the shops dont pay full price for anything at all.