Grand Pasa Hotel
Hotels.com
US$152
US$140
  • Pool
Green Nature Resort & Spa(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
US$95
D Maris Bay(Hisaronu)
US$523
US$384
2,117 results
All reviewspool guysnack barturkish bathpool areaentertainment teamturkeybar streetbar staffnext yearsaladgreat holidaylovely hotelevery nightchicken nuggetstattoo shopwater slidesevening entertainment
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We were a group of three girls who just wanted a book reading/ lying in the sun holiday! Which, if we were part of a family, I think we could have managed but instead we were hounded by the male members of staff which left us feeling very uncomfortable and reluctant to walk around the hotel by ourselves. Some of the bar men would talk in Turkish about us when serving our drinks and leer at us in an obvious and unsettling way. They would sit down with us and try to convince us to go to Bar Street with them (this happened daily) even after we told them we had boyfriends and just wanted a relaxing holiday!

Despite the above though I think families with young children would suit the hotel. The hotel itself is decent enough, air con in the rooms is excellent and the all inc bar is great as you do not have to worry about money.

The sunbed situation was ridiculous. We could not get a sunbed until 4:30 each afternoon when people started leaving so were forced to go down to the beach. We were up at 7:00 one morning in an attempt to find sunbeds but all were taken (with no one sitting on them). I couldn't believe it when I saw people giving the pool attendant money to find them sunbeds!!

The food was very monotonous and the snack bar was a waste of time- chips and dodgy looking pizza. We booked into the a-la carte restaurant for one evening and I was disappointed. We were three girls and I had to share the oriental starter from my friend’s menus rather than have my own fish starter. The main was OK but I was ill for the next 2 days (though that could be from the ice in drinks, who knows).

The room was fine, the maid was very friendly and would make our towels into hearts and swans which was very creative. I couldn't fault the cleanliness of the hotel.

The location was OK but not quite the "5 mins from the beach front" we were lead to believe. A bit out in the sticks as had to make a short walk to get anywhere. The market was close but, again, the men were over-friendly with us girls and at times very rude and forceful.

Overall, I wouldn't return to the hotel. I go away once or twice a year and I felt uneasy in the hotel with all the male attention, which I expected outside of the complex but not inside the hotel grounds.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Stayed for 2 weeks in Grand Pasa, Marmaris an had the best time. Pool, food and entertainment was all great, staff really friendly.
A must during your stay at Grand Pasa is a visit to the hairdressers, i had full highlights, cut an blow dry and was well impressed with the results, can't wait to go back and have it done again well worth the money :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2010

returned last week from a 9 night trip with my husband and 2 children aged almost 12 and 10. Had a really good time and really was what i would expect for the price. Am fairly astounded by what some reviewers expect for their money...bearing in mind return flights, return transfers and an all inclusive deal on site, for 9 nights and 10 days, where you continue to keep your band, £600 pp really is very good value. 5* hotels in UK are not going to be the same as those in Turkey, or indeed anywhere else either in Europe or wider afield.

Ok so as for the hotel itself. Very clean, food fine, yes repetitive, but lots of choice. As others have said breakfast, then a late breakfast from 10 til 11, pool bar 12 til 4, then cakes etc til 5, think restaurant opens at 7 til fairly late. The a la carte, for which you have the right to once per week or part thereof, was really good. Oddly cheese served there as a precursor to the meal! You had to choose either the meat or fish option, if meat specify which kind, then your starter will be automatic Two of us went for fish and 2 meat. The fish meal's starter was a small dish of spicy prawns and some squid and salad etc, while the meat starter was a pastry thing with mushrooms topped with cheese. The seabass was twice excellent and the chicken and lamb skewers also. Wine IS included, and dessert after is only a wide choice of ice-cream.

Pool area.. correct that you have to up very early to secure sunbeds, 6.30 was no problem at all, leave it til 7 30, less choice and much later then you're on the periphery. Do ask the pool attendant to get some for you, and especially if you tip a few lira orpounds, then he'll make sure you're ok at whatever time! He was really hard-working..never stopped! The slides though great fun for the kids, did indeed have some adults (obviously been taking full advantage of the all inc. bar) trying to 'surf' down them, but at the end of the day we are all responsible for our own childrens' safety!!

Turkish bath and massage were fab, and yes Antonio will try and persuade you to have one, but that's how he makes his living!! Well worth it too, two hours of relaxation and preps your skin nicely for your holiday tan!!

A few people there had tatoos while on site and were very pleased. There's also a jewellers on site, lovely people. Generally all the staff were pleasant, entertainment BooBoo, Rambo and the Turkish girl were ultra friendly and helpful. Yes evening entertainment wasn't fab but it never is!! They cater for the masses and in the main, people seemed ok with it. Once our 2 had made friends they were off and so was less important to us, think this is the same for all parents though isn't it?

Can't think what else to put down, you don't need to dress up girls!! Think it's a bit old fashioned to thionk that you do, but you do need to wear a top and shoes to enter the reataurant during the day, men. Market on Tues just a 2 min walk, but if swearing offends you, then i wouldn't or don't take the kids!! Lots of nice people we met, mainly Scottish, but as i am myself, wasn't a problem ;-)

Lastly when we arrived i wasn't happy with the room, so asked for another but with a pool veiw and was sorted out straight away, don't be afraid to ask!! Oh, and there is indeed wi-fi, don't know why another reviewer couldn't access it. Just ask at reception and they'll give you your own password and code which remains for the duration.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary_AnneBillericay
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Returned from the Grand Pasa on the 6th August after 7 nights stay and I can't wait to return. Everything about the hotel was fantastic! People say that it isnt a 5 star... but Turkey standards aren't the same as UK and this is one of the best 5* in Turkey.

The rooms were cleaned fully every day, the food was great. They had a snack bar from 12-4 in the afternoon and also lunch in the main dinning room if you wanted something more formal. The staff in the hotel are not lazy at all... They work from first thing in the morning until the evening. You do need to get up quite early for a sunbed but that is like most in Turkey that I have stayed at before. The hotel is in a great location 5 minutes from the beach and there is a taxi rank 1 minute away.

The tattoo shop in the hotel is great! 3 out of our group got a tattoo and they are really good. The staff in the shop are so friendly and it is very clean. I would recommened it to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola_2908
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This is a good hotel we had a ball lovely people who are very kind some of the guys working around the pool ( hairdresser, photographer) do get a bit annoying but they are trying to earn aliving.
Had one bad experience with the hairdressers my wife and kids spent a load of money with them but when they made a mess of my daughters highlights it was a nightmare trying to get it sorted them coloured her hair again and left a green tinge in it we asked for a refund to get it sorted at home but we treated very poorly, I hate it when they speak among themselves in turkish you just know its a shouting session.
Anyway onto the nice business people in the complex the tattoo guy is excellent and very helpful first tattoo and had no worries or concerns would recommend him to anyone.
The food can be a bit repetive but we always found something to suit us and we were a group of 12.
My only problem was the hairdresser they hound you and then when theres a problem
they walk away be careful they charge £40 for highlights and then said we should pay again for second colour to sort out the mess they made of my daughters hair.
The markets are a nightmare and the language can be quite foul but they dont have any manners will call you rude names and other things to get your attention.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family