“Great Hotel”

Club Amaris Apartments
Ranked #34 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week at the end of June. Had a great time, we had a gorgeous spacious apartment, nice and basic!
The staffwho work there are very friendly and make you feel very welcome.

Make sure you try the BBQ at the hotel- really nice food, and fun entertainment.

Outside of the hotel, we went to a really nice Bar/ restaurant along the beach front called FAROS BEACH... definitely go, food is to die for!
Weather was gorgeous and I wish we was going back this year.
I would definitely book the same hotel for next year.

Overall, a great holiday ! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billie S

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Myself and my 3 friends recently stayed in Club Amaris apartments.The positives with this hotel include that it's clean, has aircon (at extra cost), plenty of sun loungers, central location and the food is good. Only costs 15-20 Lira to get to bar street which has loads of restaurants, shops, bars, and clubs etc. We also spent 30 lira one day to get to icmeler beach, which is a lot nicer than marmaris beach as you don't get as pestered and the sand and sea are far better. We had a good time overall but we did have issues with the hotel ..

On arrival we were feeling VERY intimidated. 4 young guys came running over, (none of them looked like they worked in the resort), grabbed our suitcases despite our refusal and would not take no for an answer. The staff were glaring and all over us and we wanted to get out of the hotel asap but were hassled to stay. They were saying we should eat and drink at the hotel and go out with them. We had to state no several times before they'd let us go (this happened most nights). One of them came into our room to fix the aircon and he grabbed my hair dryer off me and started blowing down my top with it! We also had 2 bikinis go missing from inside the room? Through the day they would throw you in the pool, sit on the end of your sun loungers and try to chat you up. For this reason we avoided the hotel through the day and nights. Just ate breakfast and slept there. And it served that purpose well as the food was lovely and the rooms were comfortable. 4 of us in one apartment and it was spacious, clean and comfortable.

I can see that others haven't had the same experience as us but I'm guessing these reviews are from families, I would not recommend this hotel to a group of young girls travelling alone. Not all of the staff were like this, there were a couple who were lovely and couldn't do enough for you and really wanted you to have a great holiday. The main man on reception for example was very helpful, and one of the guys who served us breakfast most mornings was also great. They work hard and do long hours, just a shame some of the staff made us feel so uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vikki L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Been going to club amaris for 5 years now , and still as good as when we first went , Rooms are spotless cleaners work really hard and are allways pleasant , the food here is amazing a little more expensive than restaurants but well worth the extra few lira , the pool and bar areas are also spotless and the bar staff are a great bunch allways got time for you and a great laugh , thanks for another great holiday Apo, Adnan ,Sedat , Memmet , Onder see you next year .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Apartment was very basic but spotless. We stayed for 11nights, the maid didn't speak much English but was very friendly and cleaned our apartment every day and towels were changed twice throughout our stay. There were two pools at the apartment and there were plenty of sun loungers for everyone. Staff were awesome, very welcoming and friendly and super fast service. They charged something like £30 per week for air conditioning but it's well worth paying for and we also paid £12 per week for a safety box at reception. Plenty to do around the area 5-10minute walk from the beach front where there's just a huge strip of bars, restaurants and shops. Taxi into bar street was around 15-20 Turkish lira but the drinks were a lot more expensive to buy. Food and drinks were pretty cheap, our favourite restaurants were called Tiffany's and Dost the food was just outstanding! Overall we had an amazing holiday and we will definitely be returning here next year!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jack T
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I have been twice this year already . been coming to mermaid years and Never stayed here before this year but a friend recommended it and I'm glad she did. Amazing hotel !! 2 big clean pools.. staff that make you feel like your at home and the rooms are very nice.. cleaner came in everyday did an amazing job she was so lovely and had the same one second time around and she remembered us.. always feel safe here I know if I have a problem they will sort it and look after me. I travelled by my self the second time and met lots of friends at the hotel which was lovely. Beach is only a 5/10 minute down the road, market right next door and your not far from anywhere with armutalan shops,bars and restraunts just been round the corner also! Food is lovely I've ate the on mornings dinner and tea times. They have shows on most nights turkish nights..robot show.. break dancers etc. Would recommend it to anyone !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank littlelilys
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at Club Amaris from the 15th-30th June with a large group of friends and family and - despite a few negatives - I had a great time and a wonderful holiday. I will start off with the good: The apartments are spotless - the maids do a fantastic job and they are also very friendly - we never had a problem with the condition of any of our rooms and were very happy with the service. The balcony's, lobby and pool area are also immaculate and the general upkeep of the place is good. The pool itself is a decent size and depth, and a great temperature for when you need to cure the hangover! The location is also great - this was my third time in Marmaris and all of the hotels I have stayed in have been roughly in the same area - the beach is only a 5/10 walk away and there are plenty of amenities nearby. As for the food - delicious! A great choice in menu and the evening meals are to die for. The only thing I would say is that I thought it was a bit pricey - 10TL for a large coke and 8TL for a small bowl of chips - not the greatest but as I said, the food is great and very well prepared, so its certainly not a waste. To conclude here, the rooms, amenities, food and service are top notch, and by far the best out of anywhere else I have stayed in Marmaris.

The not so good: Before I explain, I should say firstly, that in general, the staff were fantastic. They were very welcoming and helpful from the get go - especially Sedat and Mehmet (top guys!) - and I always felt safe and looked after during my stay. HOWEVER - some of the staff came across as a bit too needy and forward (especially with some of the girls). When I go out with friends at night, I don't expect to be followed around to bars and clubs by staff from the hotel, and this happened on more than one occasion. While they really posed no major problem, it was still a bit annoying and eventually became grating.

Also, after our first night - we were told that we had been too loud coming home and should keep the noise down as there had ' apparently ' been complaints. Even though we did not believe this, we showed respect and were quiet and respectful when arriving back on the nights following this. However, this didn't seem to make a difference. We were constantly pulled up by the guy on reception for being ' too loud '. We quickly felt a bit victimised, because there were numerous parties held downstairs till all hours of the morning - even later than when we would get back - and not a word was said. Some of the other tourists played music on their verandas well into the night, and again, not a word was said. It soon became apparent that the reason for us being targeted was because we were not staying in the hotel to drink (and therefore spend money) at night. I didn't appreciate this at all, because at the end of the day, people should be able to go wherever they want to go when on holiday and shouldn't feel bad about it. This was shown when we spent one night away at the 4 star all inclusive Club Julian resort (paid for before we arrived in Marmaris). When we got back the next morning, some of the staff deliberately ignored us and failed to acknowledge our existence - I should note that this was only a select group of staff as the rest were great as always - but it was still infuriating nonetheless. This was my ONLY issue with Club Amaris. When I'm on holiday, I will go where I want, when I want, and shouldn't need to worry about the opinions of staff. I also shouldn't be approached for causing a disturbance when it really, honestly wasn't the case - with underlying issues on the staff's part being more to blame.

I know the above sounds as if I am tarnishing Club Amaris - I'm really not, I loved it and would go back in a heartbeat. My friends and family loved it also and have been numerous times before - I just felt as if the negatives had to be addressed, because it wouldn't be an authentic review otherwise.

Great holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just back from a brilliant 2 week holiday, the hotel was so clean & all staff were great! the hotel food was also brilliant. During my stay (through fault of my own) i fell in my apartment & broke my wrist, this was in the middle of the night & staff were amazing & were so helpful! Couldn't fault the hotel at all!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple