All reviews next year turkey couldn't do enough mehmet holiday entertainment tl
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Firstly I would just like to say a lot of the bad reviews seem a bit far fetched. Obviously, they are not all going to speak good English and yes you're going to be woken by the prayer time!
Being in a Muslim country you should be nice enough to respect their beliefs and should not be ignorant to think this rude because you're on holiday in their country.
Anyway, the hotel was standard, which was to be expected, considering the price we were pleasantly surprised. Yes breakfast was not up to scratch but that's Turkish breakfast for you!! I personally just ate the toast and welcomed the coffee in the mornings!! hahaha
The evenings were ok and themed nights were standard for any hotel of this size.
Bar staff were very lively and accommodating, and we had a good laugh with all of them. We were always made to feel welcome and never felt any disrespect only banter which I am used to. Laughed A LOT which made the holiday even better. Met some lovely people (guests and staff) Nick who was staying there for a few months left us with some lasting memories and gave us too many laughs.
Drinks were a bit extortionate, however, we didn't really mind as the exchange rate is better than euros!!!
Mehmet, Aliiii, Ronaldo, Peter, young Yusef and Halil were amazing, always there if we needed anything, (even went to the shop for our cigarettes (lazy us).
Food was nice for lunch, and dinner was even better, would recommend the chicken casserole!
Our room was always supplied with fresh towels everyday, and beds were made and bathroom was acceptable. We even left our mobiles and money (English and Lira) lying around and nothing was taken. (Even the litres of Brandy!)
Cockerel was annoying but by the second night we didn't even notice!
Pool was always clean and was really big, other hotels I've been to in Turkey were a lot smaller.
It's not particularly close to everything (beach, bar street etc) but the buses are cheap, regular and gets you there in 15 minutes.
Excursions were good, picked up from the hotel and back again, (recommend the Turkish bath, massage! and water park! Make sure you book the Turkish bath the first/second day as this sorts your skin out and will increase your tan!)
Overall, had a wicked time, don't expect 5 star, but you definitely get more than what you pay for. Would definitely go back. Gutted to be home, cant wait to hit Marmaris next year :D

Room tip: If you are friendly and have a good sense of humour it's perfect.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank lealea2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I heard people talking about Turkey and what a wonderful countrynit is and how friendly the people are, so my partner and I booked up a hotel call Hermes hotel. When we got there it was about 5am in the morning. When we got up the staff welcomed my self and my girlfriend. All the staff are friendly and make u feel welcome and take time out to talk to u every day. There is Peter who is very kind and Ronaldo who is very funny. You have got Ali who is the main barman and will make your cocktails. He's also very chatty and fun. He will tell you he cant dance but looking at him he's got the moves. Curly doesnt say much but when he does he is very funny. Now, I am seeing things up ere about him touching people I was there for 2 weeks and I have never seen or heard any thing like that. So please dont listen to any of it. Memit is one of the managers there. Any thing you want just ask and he will do it for you he is very helpful. Also he will take time out to talk to you see how you getting on. So thanks to all of you guys from me and my girlfriend for a great time!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Errol H
Reviewed 13 August 2013

First of all i would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at Hermes Hotel Marmaris. You made our Holiday absolutely brilliant. worth every penny. When we first landed at this hotel just over a week ago 5th august 2013 we got there at around 10pm and yes the music was loud and when we got to our room yes i could hear it very clearly from our hotel room. our room was absolutely adequate although i would have liked a double bed. i'm not one for complaining so we pushed our beds together. We went to the balcony and were a little apprehensive about even going down to the bar area at first thinking this could be the worst place we could have picked. How wrong our first impressions were. Dont get me wrong the Hermes Hotel can be improved but what we paid to stay there in peak season seemed an absolute bargain by the time our holiday was over. Anyway as soon as we went downstairs on that first night EVERY member of staff that was not entertaining the the other guests at the time introduced themselves to us and made us feel more than welcome from the very beginning. There was nothing they would not do for you and would wait on you hand and foot for anything you may need. As i said we got there rather late and everybody had eaten before we got downstairs. i asked if we could eat. and they sat us down at the table which we only then got up from to go to the loo or when we finally went to bed. We didnt know how to work the shower so we popped down to reception to find out the reception staff were very helpful and explained how to work the shower. No problems. During the day i can tell you the pool is a great size pool for the amount of guests staying there and is cleaned very thoroughly every night by mahmood (i hope i've spelt that right) and his pool cleaning kit. Nearly everbody will witness this during their holiday im sure. There are plenty of sun loungers to go round also. The rooms were cleaned daily by the hard working cleaning staff. My thanks to them. the breakfast was a basic turkish breakfast which will take some getting used to for some. i must admit it wasnt for me but the option of staying half board and going with some of those main meals is definitely a sure fire hit. We went out a few nights as we were b and b and didnt get much better anywhere else and the hotel was cheaper to eat than those places if only slightly. Also the bbq night on thursday was a really good change and you can go back for seconds or thirds. The wifi works in the bar area and the hotel recption just fine and there other amenities within the hotel such as as mini market, turkish barbers and playstation 3 machine. They have different shows on every night night but most of these are just different kinds of dancers being someone who likes to sing i would have liked to hear some singers tho there was a karaoke night tuesday so i could do a bit of singing for myself. The largest draw to me of the hotel and the main reason for me to want to go back thoough has to be the amazing staff. they are all so down to earth and so hard working. They make everyone feel at home at the hotel bar area whether its couples like ourselves, or families, friends or just people on their own. They work so hard to involve everybody in the holiday wait around hand and foot entertaing and serving all day and all night. Even as we left Ozzy came outside and waved us off at 3.15 in the morning. He must have been shattered at that point. They serve all day dance all night entertaining everybody that wants to be entertained in their own way dancing and sing until 12 at night and then as the people around the bar area start to diminish the bar and serving staff will come over and get to know you befriend you and its a warm feeling you get as they are working so hard to make your holiday the best it can be. Im not bothered what the other people have said about the Hermes Hotel whether bad or good all i can tell you is that for the money we paid in the summer holidays for what we got it was a cracking deal and i am so pleased as is my partner that we chose Hermes Hotel. So thank you to Mehmet, Mahmood, Ronaldo, Curly, Ozzy, Ali G, Peter, Jacob, Golcun, Youseff, and all the rest of the staff for making our holiday so relaxed and yet so much fun all at the same time. We will see you in 2014

Room tip: If you need an excursion dont see your rep if you turn right out of the hotel and see the man on the corner opposite musti's he does a good deal on all your excursions you would like to do. Much cheaper than the rep and he'll throw in a freebie.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jadiesbf2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

for me and my husband this was our fourth visit, my niece and her granddaughter it was their second, we've loved every minute of our holiday at hermes and will definately be going back next year. All staff including the owners really can't do enough for you. clean bedding and towels on a regular basis, comfy bed, yes it is a turkish breakfast what do people expect they're in turkey!!!! but you can get english breakfast if you want one by the pool. There is entertainment on every night, the food is very good especially BBQnight!!! The swimming pool is indeed one of the biggest we have seen and clean, the water is tested regularly. we had a room which overlooked the pool with a spacious balcony, yes the music, and guests who are having a good time can be a little on the noisy side but what do you expect from people who are on holiday and enjoying themselves!!!!! If you don't want the hustle and bustle of hotels and bars competing with each other then i would certainly give Hotel Hermes a try, you can always catch a dolmus into the centre if you want the hustle and bustle all depends on what YOU want
But we will definately be going back........ keep up the good work!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Diana S
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Ive also been here for a while and havent had any problems! Ive seen comments about curly and its not true, hes never touched anyone in a bad wayy, hes the best bar staff at the hotel and works like a professional dont listen to any of the comments about him its not true

2  Thank benjaasdaa