“Better than expected!”
Review of Hermes Hotel

Hermes Hotel
Ranked #47 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend came here on the 6th October for 8 days. I cannot believe this is a 3* hotel it should be 4! The food was lovely and I am very picky with food. What made it better was that you could pick from a menu instead of a open buffet. The rooms are basic but there's nothing wrong with that! and the bathrooms are a let down to the room look wise but they are clean. The pillows in our room were like sleeping on clouds. The staff are amazing! The poolside was always lovely what we were looking for. The music around the pool all day was really good too. JJ made us amazing pancakes too :) I was never bored at the hotel as it was always entertaining and there was entertainment every night, aswell as the staff dance every night. All the staff are young so it was never boring! I would definitely come back here! Good for young and old people as you meet all different types of people around the pool an have a right laugh! Also the Turkish BBQ was amazing! Definitely worth buying a ticket for that one night. Staff are definitely one to a remember :)

1  Thank Justine F

Reviewed 29 September 2013

HERMES HOTEL

NEED TO KNOW - Late flight myself and my boyfriend – long journey, exhausted when got there. We were told that we weren’t on the system. Confused and now scared that we were in the middle of Turkey AND in the early hours of the morning with no supposed booking? The manager was attentive and awake at the late hour, giving us a room for free for the night; he consoled us that our rep would solve the issue in the morning. The issue being – ON THE BEACH had cancelled their contract with Hermes Hotel for some reason and had CANCELLED ALL OTHER customers holidays giving replacement hotels etc. We were clearly forgotten as we had received no email or phone call to give alternate arrangements.

Night one of fourteen of our supposed holiday – given a spare room which was very nice of the manager to do as it was not their fault that we had turned up there… understandable – the room didn’t lock so wasn’t fantastic but we were grateful for a roof over our heads – a very scary feeling of what would happen tomorrow? Chance staying in the area or getting a flight?

Day one – the rep turned up and we were downstairs at 9 for him – explained the situation. He worked for FIESTA part of On the Beach and he was helpful, he spent the rest of the day looking for alternate accommodation meanwhile carrying on with his job as a rep visiting the hotels. We had waited by the poolside for the whole day with our cases in the lobby – it was not a great day. LOTS of communication with the manager – he was very upset with the company for doing this to us. Mehmet is a FANTASTIC manager and genuinely cares for his guests. By the time it was around 3PM the rep had not contacted/ returned so Mehmet said to me – look you can stay here free of charge I understand you must be worried etc. but don’t worry.
Myself and my boyfriend thought well that’s fantastic – it’s where we booked and now we can unpack and relax – although we weren’t sure what was meant by ‘free of charge,’ we expected to end up paying more – having already had £800 disappear into thin air – On the Beach’s pocket.

OUR ROOM - Given a room once the manager had said we could stay – really nice double bed good sized bathroom and room. Balcony overlooked the sea, Marmaris as a whole and the pool, a really great view of everything to be honest good corner room. Although in some friend’s rooms the views were not as good as ours. Noise stops at 12AM so you’ll get a decent night’s sleep as well as entertainment up until then/and or go to Marmaris town for nightlife. Mosque nearby so regular call for prayers – some complain that it wakes them but if you’re going to another country - embrace the culture.
The rest of the holiday was AMAZING – best holiday I’ve ever been on. The staff are brilliant, funny and sociable. They are also very professional and attentive depending on the time of day e.g., the evening dinner was more formal. We were such good friends with them we ended up going the waterpark with two of them! A few to name… Ronaldo and Peter! Every single member of the staff make your day so much better – a smile from the barman Ali along with a fantastic drink was always a pleasure.

FOOD was truly amazing – the lunches were great – we were half board so had to pay and well worth the money. The evening meals were brilliant, the food really tasty. I didn’t eat very much in the evening due to my change in food habits when abroad but this was to no complaint (curly got a tad worried.) So yes nothing to complain about. One thing we agreed on was the BREAKFAST, it was not fantastic very simple but to be honest we weren’t fussed because if that’s a hotel decider then people need more excitement in their lives. Aside from food quality – me and my boyfriend agreed that the evening meal setting was maybe a bit too formal and could be less in order to be more sociable BUT after a couple of days that wasn’t an issue – met some amazing people which we still see now and have a really good relationship with.

HOTEL ENTERTAINMENT – Really great for all ages, sociable, great for meeting people and having a laugh with the staff. Yes it gets repetitive if your there for two weeks but if your just enjoying life it won’t matter just GET INVOLVED – and most people at 11/12 even 1AM just catch the dolmus to Marmaris town and go to Club Areena, bar street or before the town Pacha – plenty of places to go. Club Areena is awesome and rated one of the best nightclubs internationally which I totally agree with.
So TRAVEL – 2 lira on the Dolmus to Marmaris town takes 15 minutes and they run every 10 minutes till 1AM in the morning - ideal to go out at night. Different numbers for different journey times – obviously different routes SO don’t get on the number 4 Dolmus if you don’t want a 40 minute round Marmaris – Get the numbers 1-3 preferably 1 and 2. No complaints – walking takes about 40 minutes but the Dolmus is just so easy there’s not an issue.

TRIPS - Daylan tour (turtle trip) Fantastic – well worth a visit, laxed day so if you want busy busy don’t bother but great if your hung over and want to chill out but still make the most of a day! Absolutely beautiful waters – sights, and yes we did see a massive turtle although we were doubtful as the tour guide said ‘it’s very unlikely that you’ll see one, 90% won’t’ and we thought what a sham but we did actually see one. Can’t remember the name of the tour guide but damn he was awful and did not tell us anything about anything! We got him for this trip and when we saw that he was also our guide for pamukkale we wanted to commit damn he was boring and also walked off from everyone so we all had to find our own way around everywhere… and the walk up to pamukkale (lets just say you got to know where you’re going.) Also got an eastern European woman who paid attention to those who could speak her language and totally ignored everybody else – but I can see that she was very useful to those who could understand her so I’m glad they got the full tour. Daylan beach is beautiful really something to see. Definitely would even do this trip again. Mud bath part – fun yes, don’t think my skin felt any different afterwards being honest…
Pamukkale – The drive is so long, beautiful sights yes. Be warned they will make you pay for the trip and then get there and pay 30 lira for the Cleopatra pool so try and get it in the deal or something because we got ripped off. The pool is nice but can’t come back out once gone in – just a one-time thing otherwise you pay again, had to get boyfriend to take pictures of me in alone before he got in, then I got out and took pictures of him before he got out. Not sure if that makes sense but if you decide to go you’ll see once you get there. Not sure whether it was worth the trip to be honest – yes if we were a bit nearer to pamukkale but we must have driven about 8 hours over the day in total.
Water sports on Marmaris beach – fantastic and worth the money yes do it if you like that kind of stuff, the girls even got two free rides in a speedboat while the boys were hanging off some sofa looking thing at the end of a long piece of rope trying not to fall off, so can’t complain.
WATERPARK – Marmaris’ main waterpark at the top of the mountain – really great there was even entertainment. Always a good trip to do on holiday anywhere.

END OF HOLIDAY – So we check that our transfer is coming to get us – yes On the Beach hadn’t forgotten us this time. Manager genuinely gave us the two weeks for FREE – he made nothing off the room etc. Such a great place and lovely staff who care.

I WILL BE CONTACTING ON THE BEACH AND DEPENDING ON THEIR RESPONSE TO MY LETTER WILL DETERMINE WHETHER WE USE THE COMPANY AGAIN – ALONG WITH ALL OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO HAVE USED THE COMPANY BEFORE WITH ONLY GOOD PREVIOUS REVIEWS OF THE COMPANY.
HOLIDAY WAS JULY 13TH – 29TH – NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT COMPANY AS OF YET DUE TO BUSY WORK SCHEDULE BEFORE HOSPITAL OPERATION.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie G
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked the Hermes hotel in Marmaris (armutalan) for a 2 weeks stay in September this year as we were looking at hotels and noticed that the Hermes came as one of the top hotels for customer ratings on travel republic. (Only god knows how). So we arrived at around 6pm local time, to be greeted by a miserable hotel receptionist who I thinks face would crack if she smiled. We checked in and were told that our room was not yet ready and is being cleaned so will have to wait around 30mins for a room, (not a good start). We waited in the bar area and got chatting to the hotel bar staff who we cannot fault. The lads were all great and should really be working at a better hotel. Jay Jay, Ronaldo, Peter and Junior all were really nice lads. So we had a drink, and then an hour after we arrived, went to check on the progress of our room. We were now told that we had been double booked and tried to blame the travel company?? They told us that they had a single room if we didn't want to wait. Our reply 'why would we want a single room when there are 2 of us here. What good is that? That doesn't make sense' we were then told to wait a bit longer for another room to become available AT 10PM!!! So we waited and waited and then the arrogant manager came over and said we were making the issue bigger than it had to be and tried blaming us for booking a double room as he just sold a room as a room, whatever bed you get is a bonus apparently! We were shocked at the attitude of these people so we asked for a refund as we wanted to stay somewhere else which had a room for us. They said no. We have to wait for them to be ready. All we wanted to do was get a shower after a full day of travelling! At around 10.30pm we finally got a room on the second floor. We unpacked and I went for a shower. Then I realised the shower didn't work! The water trickled out of the shower head and more water was coming out of the top of the shower than the actual head! We'd had enough. We told them about the leaky cold shower and were told they would look the day after and the water was only warm for a shower in the middle of the day after the sun had heated it up on the roof!! Brilliant. We went to our friends who were staying at another hotel for a shower. All in all, we wouldn't stay here again. It's at the very top end of armutalan, a distance from the nightlife and you have to get a bus every time you want to go out, hotel staff are rude and don't care, breakfasts are awful. The only good thing is the bar staff. Cheers lads for making our stay a 'little bit' better.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hermes for 2 weeks. From the day we arrived the staff were inviting and introduced themselves. The staff can't do enough for you and are genuinely keen for all the guests to have a good time. The staff at hermes work incredibly hard to entertain and wait on the guests and deserve to be recognised for their hard work.
Thank you to all the staff at hermes for making both my boyfriend and I feel relaxed and get involved. The guys thoroughly made our holiday and thanks for making the effort on both our birthdays. The staff at hermes make everyone feel like a friend!
The rooms are cleaned daily. The room we stayed in was perfect for when you want an early night as it was not overlooking the pool and the bar.
There is entertainment every night and I highly recommend the turkish bbq. We attended it twice!
The hotel is located 10 minutes from town and the beach by bus which you can get from across the road from the hotel to the right.
Marmaris is a lovely place and if you are thinking of going I highly recommend you stay at hermes hotel. It is perfect not only for couples but for families too.
I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We just got back from 1 of the best holidays ever from the Hermes hotel, me and my wife arrived on 5th of September for 2 weeks. I got to be honest the first impressions wasn't great,the rooms are clean and a good size, they are cleaned everyday, the bathrooms are not the best but next year they will all be new and if it wasn't for my wife i would have moved the next day, but i'm so glad we didn't, the staff were so friendly and helpful, there was good entertainment every night and food was also very good. I've got to mention the owner mehmet want fella, he came around every morning and evening to see if everything was ok, he joined in the entertainment at night at first just thought he was just a worker, it was only on our 2nd week we realised who he was, he can't do enough for you. We will definitely will be going back to this hotel next year. just like to thank everyone at the hotel for a great holiday from Mandy and spark.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We are currently staying in the Hermes and I can quite honestly say the Customer Service is second to none.

If you are looking for value for money then you could not do better than this Hotel. Rooms are basic but pleasant with a balcony, cleaned daily with fresh towels. Full size swimming pool with plentiful supply of free sunbeds. Lovely Turkish buffet style breakfast. BBQ evening was superb - quality of food excellent.

The Hermes is set against the backdrop of the hills in an excellent location with a nice selection of bars, cafe's and restaurants. Don't miss the local Turkish establishments! The local dolmus is 2 minutes walk away and takes you into the centre of Marmaris for just 2 Lira.

The Hotel is very well run by Mehmet who seems to have a real passion and flair for Customer Service and this goes for all the staff who can't do enough for you.

This Hotel is an absolute Gem and is great value for money.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

me and my mother and sister went turkey for the first time.we stayed at hermes for two weeks,
25th aug to 9th sept 2013,the hotel was really nice a lovely view from our room,
bedroom was very clean and bathroom,and regularly our room was cleaned,we enjoyed the food there and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definetley stay in the hotel again.the manager was very polite,and we would like to say thank you,and we hope to go back very soon.there are buses a few yards away that can take you to central.also, supermarket few doors away.
thank you again to all the lovely staff,and management,you made our holiday amazing...

Room Tip: all the rooms are probably as good as each other,