“fantastic!!!!!!!”
Review of Hermes Hotel

Hermes Hotel
Ranked #47 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 15 September 2010

i stayed at hermes hotel with my teenage daughter in august ot this year. i did read the reviews before i went and they were all good. i wasnt disappointed the staff of the hotel were brill., they went out there way to make sure you had everything you needed. . every nite there was entertainment and special dinner prices(the food was fab). the towels were changed everyday and linen every two days which was excellent considering how cheap it was to stay there. there are loads of beds round the pool and you dont even have to get up junior or kierran were on hand to get you anything you wanted. there is also a bus stop round from the hotel to take you into the shopping centre of marmaris and the beaches that only fook 1 euro. i would recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a clean place to stay and made feel like family before you leave. as they all know ur name before u leave. definately going back next year,ps there is also a beauty room and tattoo parlour. get booked up quick as i dont think there will be places for long. well done boys keep up the good work........................

margaret mcdonald glasgow

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Hello all,
What a reviews, at first everybody has hisown expectations from a hotel but if you want a 5 star hotel than pay that price and go to one, don't pay a small, good price and expect from the Hermes to be a five star and complain about everything!!

Just came back from the Hermes and stayed there a week and it is a great hotel!!! The room is clean, the pool area is clean and the status of the water is checked every day what is very good! The staff will do everything for you what is in there power to do to make your holiday, great job guys! They do good food for a nice price.

I have seen in a review that they understand Turkish and that they heard that the guys are only doing this to make money........yeah don't we do that when we go to work!!! It is stupid to think these guys are standing there 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and that for 7 months...what for the fun! Come on people. By the way I also speak Turkish and I did not hear anything bad just talking together in there own language.

Well i want to thank the Hermes Hotel Management and the whole crew for a good holiday and i wil defininatly come back ;) And I hope if you want a nice, payable and perfect holiday you will do too!

Optum Sylvia (Holland)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank syl25
Reviewed 14 September 2010

me and my boyfriend have just come back from a lovely 2 week stay at the Hermes Hotel and i would like to say that we really did enjoy every minute.

can i just say that i am quite a fussy person and this is my true opinion of the hotel. the breakfast was TURKISH but if some of you didnt realise before you got to the country you booked to go to TURKEY so what do you expect, it was never stated that english breakfast would be served.

the rooms are a little small but have all you need, if you intend to stay in your room for your whole holiday then maybe you need to book a 5* hotel?? aircon can be paid for and it was worth the money because the room did get very hot. the maid came in every day and our sheets and towels were changed more that what they needed to be. everyday i left my mobile and things lying around and nothing was ever touched. the shower is always warm (as someone has written about the shower being cold from 8pm untill 9am then that is because the sun cant heat water through the night!).

they do not like you to bring in food from outside the hotel but you if your discreet then there isnt a problem. we bought things from the supermarket and never had a problem. the food at the hotel was lovely and the specials that are on everynight are different and great value for money. entertainment does get repeated but always fun and the staff dancing all night was great. how they manage to do it all day and night was beyind me. the staff were amazing and gary was the best we sat with him and just chatted for ages, he has really good english and has time for everyone. there were a few night where gary and weyse came with us to the nightclub Pacha after they finished (there was about 20 of us after rounding everyone up). i have to say all the staff were amazing and i was sad to go! aysha who owns the hotel is an english lady and really down to earth who can help you out with any problem you have, same goes for memet (whatch his head when he dances!! BRILLIANT)

the pool was big and clean, everynight you could see it being cleaned and there was never too much clorine in there as you get in most pools. there is music on all day around the pool that gets you going for the night.

we ate out a few times and all the restaurants we went to were quite nice but not any nicer than the hotel food. if you go into marmaris center then you need to get the bus it stops on the beach front and coming back stay on untill the last stop because its right opposite the hotel. icmeler market is well worth the visit and you can get a bargain or two.

all in all if you want a 5* hotel then please book one but this hotel does not say its a 5* so dont expect it. the work they have done here so far is great as they have only been open since may this year and they plan to do alot more work. please dont believe all that you read, give it a go you may just enjoy it as much as we did!

Naz and James... Whoppaaaaa! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angharad88
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Myself and a group of four other girls were looking for a cheap holiday to Turkey when we found Hermes Hotel, Marmaris.
As soon as we got there we were greeted by friendly staff who offered to carry our bags and show us to reception.
The staff were so friendly, we were treated like royalty! They provided amazing entertainment for us, after our evening meal (which was also fairly priced and delicious!).
Considering the staff work such long hours, we were suprised at how motivated, caring and entertaining they all were!
Our room was clean, the pool was brilliant and the service was fantastic!
We will definitely be returning to this resort.
Although the actual hotel was a distance away from the beach and bar street, staff always offered to get us transport, showing us bus stops or calling us taxis which only took five minutes to get to the town. The distance is walkable (however us girls in high heels) accepted their kind offer!
We would just like to say a special thanks to Mehmet for making this hotel into what it is! He is an asset to the hotel!
Also thanks to Alex, Gary and Mustafa for your brilliant entertainment.
I will definitely be returning and recommending this hotel to friends and family.
Rachel, Kirsty, Lisa, Amelia (cheeky) and Beth. xo

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2010

My sister and I have just come back from the Hermes Hotel in Marmaris.
We had a B&B deal for 2 weeks, but only planned to stay there for 1 week as our parents have an apartment in a village called Turunc just down the road. We did end up only staying for 5 days as we were really not very happy at the hotel.
There are such mixed reviews across all hotels on tripadvisor, however I would love to question what some people have written and why. The £10 all you can eat BBQ is a waste of money, it certainly isn’t worth £10, the entertainment that goes on every night is not too bad, some of it is pretty poor and we managed to escape for the evening when they had Karaoke on. Certainly not what I want when I’m on holiday. I think Gary was the only decent member of staff there, Kieran was a good lad, but he seemed to disappear and not return after a few days.
The breakfast was poor, not even fresh orange juice, they had some mixed up orange squash thing which was disgustingly weak. We ate at the hotel once and this was for lunch, not bad food but other than the BBQ we didn’t eat there.
They hound you with questions and shout out your names as you’re walking out the hotel as they don’t like you to eat anywhere else – food is cheaper and better out of the hotel so make a run for it! Also the fact that you cannot take drinks/food in from outside is ridiculous, they had been known to charge some couples to bring food in. We however just put it in a rucksack.
Upon arrival, we asked about the aircon... “err, it’s not working at the moment, it is broken”. What they should have said was, “we don’t have any aircon units on the rear side of the hotel.” not very good as it is listed that they have aircon, they did supply us with a fan, however other couples we spoke to around the pool had to PAY for the use of the fan.
Got up to the room – TINY twin room with a dark, dirty and dingey but useable bathroom. The balcony was probably the cleanest part. The hairdryer in the bathroom is unusable, if we had used it, it would have set on fire like somebody mentioned in a previous review. You could rarely get warm (they didn’t really do hot water) after 9pm or before 9am, which was a bit ridiculous. I didn’t want a hot shower, but I would have liked some warmth to the water so that I didn’t freeze myself.
The cleaners didn’t clean the room, they picked up rubbish and emptied the ashtray and restocked toilet rolls. We didn’t get a towel change after 3 days, like they state. One cleaner also stole some ashtrays that I purchased from an Onyx stone shop on the way back from the Pamukale trip! I did get them back after I spoke with Alex; the cleaner made out (in hand movements) that she put everything into one bin bag and so she didn’t realise..... If she had spoken English, I would have asked her to explain why the wrapping paper that they were wrapped up in, was in a separate part of the building to where the ashtrays were!
The swimming pool was NOT ‘fantastically clean’, (are the other reviewers blind?) it was awful. It was VERY murky, you could barely see in front of you when underwater, on one day there was even some foamy scum floating in one corner. The pool closes far too early and they in a way make you go up to your room as they start moving all the sun beds around you. They have music playing all day around the pool so you can’t relax with a book and the pool side is extremely dangerous, I nearly slipped over on numerous occasions as did everybody else.
Also, the hotel is about a 45 minute walk to Marmaris beach, Dolmus is 1.5TL which is cheap.
All in all, I shall not be going back to this hotel ever again. I don’t know why people give this place such good reviews, they must need to go to Specsavers.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ch33ky_1988
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Just back home from my first time in turkey an thought hermes hotel was very good (cheap and cheerful)
the rooms are very basic but clean and has everything you need!
It is a bit away from the center of marmaris though but there is a bus you can get from outside the hotel which is only 1.50 TL (about 70p)
The best bit about the hotel was all the staff! We ate and drank in the hotel most nights because you always had a good night with all the staff!!
i will definately be returning to hermes hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Ok !!!! First this holiday was a late booking and yes it was a cheap holiday and yes I read all the reviews....Come on.... its like reading a book with a script thats been handed to you all,I must have been asked many time by Mehmet to write a review and over hear him asking many people.So just how true are all the reviews. Well to you Brits its seem great, for me who can speak TURKISH I heared a diffrent side to all the staff,how Mehmet speaks to them they all seem intimidated by him, and yes its all about money and keeping you at that bar..(all only spoke in turkish).How any of you got out of the hotel is a miracle he has his staff like trained watch dogs,we were sure half what the customers were saying they did;nt understand and just laugh alone with you all, so that was our entetaiment, Garry and Aysha(scottish lady) were the most genuine of all the staff she met you every morning with a lovely smile and weather up date and could address any problem or local question you asked her Garry well you all seemed to have met him. great guy.!!
The hotel was nice for a late booking,but the night porter did not control the people coming in at 5 in the morning the noise was a nitemare for a family hotel.I was not happy with the cleaner as one day I walked into my room and there was 3 of them sitting on our beds,Food was ok, better at night.. turkish breakfast was disgusting..pool was often cloudy,Childrens area was old and dirty ..Turkish night was good but you could watch all the entertaiment from your balcony so was pay £10 break dancers were great, same staff show as every other nights and all got a bit silly.
Amutalad village is very nice and the locals very friendly.
So all in all if the staff were just them self and not pretend to be something there not and peolpe wrote true reviews and not what Mehmet asked them to write I could believe the reviews but like I said a book with a script

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends