“Had a great holiday 1st June 2014”
Review of Banana Apart

Banana Apart
Ranked #55 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just spent 10 days had a great holiday, room lovely and clean, towels changed daily.
No lift so anyone one with mobility issues may find it difficult if on second floor or above. Met by Mustafa on arrival and had the pleasure of his company behind the bar - great guy and he definitely enhanced are holiday.
The apartment had guests from Scotland, England, Holland and Belgium everyone was friendly and it was great to be able engage with everyone in a friendly manner.
Will definitely go back next year and will be in touch with staff and other guests
Thanks for a great time

Room Tip: Mobility issues ensure you request low floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hardyangdave

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed middle of may 2014 for 7 nights. Super deal on the room price. I chose an apartment for me and my partner, it was on the top floor (4th) nice balcony and was more than adequate for a week's holiday. Air conditioning worked, room cleaned most days and all staff very friendly.

Hotel generally seemed clean, pool looked great and the hotel restaurant looked fine. I picked these apartments for the great location between Marmaris Marina and Icmeler. About a 35 min SLOW walk to each, or easily get a bus.

Was very impressed with this accomodation, we ate out everynight and enjoyed the great restaurants around marmaris! So this really was a perfect base!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lukey21
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Having jus had a hip replacement and asked for a ground floor room we arrived 130 am in the morning to no ground floor room but a 4 th floor room with no lift their was no way I could climb the stairs so had to either tKe a dirty downstairs room with sheets from the previous family on beds or wait ! So had to pay out for a room at the family apartments next door for the night but was told to come back at 11 the next day room would be ready . Still at 330 the following afternoon no room so began losing my cool as was being fobbed off by chuck the owners son and Harry. EvenutLly gettin my room at 430 not happy at all ! I payed for bed and breakfast but what ur not told its Turkish breakfast and u have to pay for English so beware ! My room was clean and big no complaints until the last 3 days if the holiday were my towels weren't changed my beds were changed once and the apartment in 12 days was never cleaned ! I watched how chick and a couple of other staff jus used the hotel as somewhere to bring back girls late at night and the sleeZy talk off Harry in the morning over breakfast was not needed ! I watched how my friends whom I was with were treated like dirt and even a visitor that came to see them was attacked with a baseball bat and needed 5 stitches ! Also if u stay and are accused of ruining towels with makeup or false tan ITS a con to get money out if u ! They tried it on my friends and their was a massive row and wen we left they did the same thing and brought out the same towels to some other customers ! I would NEVER go back here or recommend it to anyone jus a bunch if sleezy men runnin a faulty towers apartments ! Wouldn't even give it one star AVOID !

Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank Zebraface
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were wary,before arriving,due to previous uncomplimentary reviews,but we neednt have worried,from the moment we arrived and were met by Matt,who showed us to the room,the room was basic,which is to be expected at this price level,but was spacious and clean,and adequate for what we needed.The bar and food prices are a couple of lira dearer than some nearby pubs and restaurant,but every time we ate there,the meals were good and have no complaints on that score.We went to there Turkish night out,which was very entertaining and great value for money,with an excellent bbq.Our room was cleaned on a daily basis,and other members of staff such as David and Aaron,were always friendly and willing to help with anything,all in all would have no hesitation going back there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just back from Marmaris and my 10th visit, I have stayed in a number of places but the banana is great value, clean and very friendly staff.... food good to, you honestly can't go worng and I'll definatley be back !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 22 September 2013

just returned from staying at the banana aparts in marmaris turkey this very morning. we just want to say that we had a brilliant time and would definitely recommend the place as a base to stay for a great holiday. staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. . the bedding and towels were changed every other day and the rooms were cleaned every day without fail. in fact, the whole place was lovely and clean and the fruit trees around the restaurant area and pool made it a lovely setting to stay in.
the lorry driver breakfast was a full English and for just 7 lira, was very cheap and filling.....and not at all greasy, a perfect start to the day..
the banana apartments were just 100 metres from the beach and had local amenities on the doorstep providing everything you need for a self catering holiday. we never bothered to cook anything because the friendly Turkish café run by a local Turkish family served great traditional Turkish food.
all in all, we had a fantastic holiday thanks to the brilliant staff and owners and are looking forward to booking up again next year without any hesitation .

Room Tip: high floor means lots of stairs to climb as no lift
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank brianslass
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the banana Appartments. The staff were very friendly and helpfull, nothing to much trouble. The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels, but basic, A very quiet location, no loud music, shouting or fighting and the food was good
Harry the barman was very helpfull, if you needed anything he would do his best to help
We would recommend this place if you want a quiet relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013