“Great staff, nice hotel and reasonable prices”
Review of Club Aida

Club Aida
Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
south yorkshire
“Great staff, nice hotel and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stopped here in May for a week and thought overall a really nice place to stay. Room was spacious, clean and well equiped, we had a room over the spa, which was noisy early in the mornning and the view was rubbish but I dont spend much time in there so not that bothered.

Pool area is excellent and staff are amazing, always happy, talkative and willing to help especially Chuckie and Nina. Food and drinks round pool are reasonable, not your normal hotel prices. It was fairly quiet when we went and would imagine in the height of the season it would be manic.

its about a mile to the harbour but regular bus for two lira. Loads of bars and restauarants nearby. A good base to explore Marmaris. Take a trip to Icmela five minutes on bus very nice there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Club Aida, what can I say about this place that already has not been mentioned - not a lot so please forgive me for repeating how great this hotel is.

Everything about this place is superb. A nice easy process checking in at reception assisted by extremely helpful staff.

The rooms were fantastic, very spacious double bedrooms each with their own bathroom. The room we had was on the 5th floor and had a pool facing view. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis by our fantastic maid. The kitchen facilities were better that some other SC accommodation I have been in (although I didn't really use them with the exception to heat up cold pizza). There was never a problem with hot water availability, and you could even connect to the Wi-Fi if using the corner balcony. :)

The card system they use instead of cash at first appeared as if it might be a bit of a pain, but quickly it became quite easy to use and handy as you didn't need to carry cash around with you during the day.

The mini-market had ample products it so we never really had to venture to far if we wanted any food products / newspapers etc...

The staff in all the ground floor establishments were very friendly - go for a Turkish shave by Reggie - highly recommended. I didn't use the tattoo shop, but I bought a couple of gifts from the souvenir shop (these take cash only and not the card system though).

The animation staff were superb, keeping us entertained all day. Killer pool, darts, higher and lower, drinks games water polo during the day and also played their part in the evening entertainments. A big thank you to Chucky, Rocket, Jimmy and the rest of the guys you were fantastic.

The food in the hotel was nice, especially on their Turkish night where they have a massive buffet of local foods - eat as much as you want. :) A big thank you to all the waiters there too - very helpful and friendly Deniz and the guys. They have different food offers on each night too – Chinese, Mexican, India, Steak, Chicken offers on...

I didn’t use the flexi dine option as I didn’t always know where I was going to be – but if you plan on eating in the hotel this will save you a few bob too.

Walking distance to the beach (10 mins), short taxi from the marina (15tl), walking distance to the water park in the hills - great location.

I’ll be back.

5 stars around from me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank partingtonred
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My boyfriend and I have just got back from a two week stay at Club Aida and can honestly say we had the best holiday of our lives. Everybody in the hotel is attentive and will go out of their way to help you. Upon arrival late at night, we were a little miffed to be immediately hit with a £90 bill for air con and a safety deposit box but that's the way it is in most hotels now so cant moan. That's the only negative I can think of!

The pool area is lovely, plenty of sundbeds to go around and the entertainment staff are funny. I can understand how someone felt the reps hassle you to join in but they are only trying to make sure everyone has a good time. It can get a bit annoying at times if you want to just relax but just say no and they will leave you be. Chucky and Rocket are hilarious! Mustafa the bar man and the night manager iare both really nice and funny, and Reggie the hairdresser is a really nice bloke. My boyfriend had about 4 turkish shaves and even a facial while we were there lol. I had my hair done and he worked wonders, I hadnt realised how badly the sun had damaged it until he made it all shiney again haha.

The location is good but if you want to go partying all the time it isnt ideal. For us, it was perfect though. Just down the road is the beach (not amazing, but still a beach and the views are outstanding with all the mountains) and there are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. We would recommend Picadilly (amazing sunday roast!) although the hotel food is top notch too! There is a main road running parallel with the beachfront, which is full of shops, bars and cafes. The beachfront is mainly bars. If you follow this road or the beachfront along you will reach the Marina where the lively Bar Street is. It's about 15-20 lira, or £6 quid, for a taxi to the Marina.

I have to give credit to the maids also. They only decorated our beds with petals once (in two weeks - i was a bit gutted about this lol) but they cleaned our room all the time and even did the dishes which was unexpected! The reception staff are fab, all speak English well, and are always friendly.

I cant rate this hotel enough. We plan on coming back here as soon as we can afford to. I'd love to sya next year but I'm expecting our first baby and so it may have to wait another couple of years but we will be back one day. If you want to go to Marmaris, you can't go wrong with Club Aida!

Word of warning about Marmaris markets. We went there to try out our haggling skills and were having fun until some absolute idiot grabbed my black bag as I walked past his stall (they put what you buy into a black bag) and started loading it up with boxers for my boyfriend. We were saying no, we dont want them and I tried to snatch my bag back but he was actually fighting me for it and shouting at me to go away, its none of my business! Of course its my business, it was my bloody bag that he'd snatched! He was so aggressive, and it got me all worked up and upset. He had a knife in his hand also (although he never threatened us with it the implication was obvious) My bf ended up paying him just to snatch the bag back and get out of there. it really shook me up. I would suggest going in the markets as a crowd or just making sure you cling like hell to your belongings to avoid anything like that happening!!

Room Tip: Rooms without a pool view are very quiet. We were on the third floor with a corner room (3102) and w...
2 Thank Jac L
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

This is an ordinary, no frills, "resort" style hotel, with average service, staff and facilities. Amenities which otherwise would be considered standard such as air conditioning and safe deposit box are charged "Extra". There is a very detailed "Do Not Do" list which included such nonsense as "Do not use toilets as trash receptacles". The beds were very uncomfortable - they did not have a top sheet, instead an itchy rough blanket of sorts was provided. The walls are paper thin... Every cough, sniffle and footstep could be heard.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Globetrotters321
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

we have just gotten back from a week at Club Aida and I can honestly say it was amazing! The rooms are spotless and the maids do a great job, even doing your dishes for you!
the location is perfect, about a 10 min walk to the sea front, and the views from the hotel rooms are just incredible. (ask for a room overlooking the pool!)
the salon was beyond my expectations. my partner got a turkish shave and i got half head of foils (only £25!!) they were great!
the food was great too, as long as you can get use to having chips on the side of every dish, although this is the Turkish way of serving up their food! we were there for 7 nights but decided to go for the 4 day flexi-dinning plan. this included breakfast and a 3 course dinner, definitly worth the 140 turkish lira! (approx £50 total for 4 days)
the only negative thing i would say was the spa. the spa manager was beyond annoying and absolutly spoiled our experience. he talked the entire time we were having treatments done to other people trying to harrass them to buy more servises. this just wasted it for us. i definitly do not suggest spending any money there, you will be expected to buy 3 times more once your in there.
the servers and bar staff (Ali, Mustafa, Denis, Apo) were GREAT! funny, yet easy going, always willing to help!
the entertainment team were amazing as well, expecially Rocket, Chucky, Justin, and Blundt? (sorry)
we will definitly be back next year!
thank you Club Aida for being a class above the rest!!!
- Heather and Morgan.... London.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool if you don't mind a little activity during the day!
6 Thank Heather S
caerphilly
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We recently stayed in Club Aida apartments and had a good holiday by staying out of the complex. The rooms we couldnt fault, they were really clean and well equipped. The food was reasonably priced and good too but drinks were quite expensive. The only thing we didnt like were the REPS. They were soo annoying, me and my fiance work 40+ hours a week and had just arrived after a 5 hour delay on our flight. We thought it would be a good idea to get 40 winks while by the pool as it was sunny and quiet. We were constantly woken up by the reps who wanted us to play games. We were also woken up by the hairdresser, spa man, jewellary man and the photgraph man all trying to sell us what they were offering. We would not return to Club Aida again without children and would definitly recommend it to families and not couples.

3 Thank emily h
Bothwell, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Recently spent a few days at these apartments and have to say they are absolutely stunning, usually went to other apartments in marmaris but they closed and I thoight I would never find anywhere else that I liked but these are fantastic, staff are very friendly, food delicious and the rooms , I just cant get over how nice they were they are so modern. Will definately go back hopefully in September.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends