“Good holiday again”
Review of Club Aida

Club Aida
Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Returned from our 2nd visit two weeks ago. Hotel lovely and clean again, room kept tidy every day. Entertainers were a lot quieter this year. Reggie,Yusef and the rest of the team in Monohair were lovely. Hubby had couple of shaves and I had a pedicure and eyelash extensions done by Seray (Reggie's wife), they were fantastic.
The only thing that did annoy me were the announcements saying we couldn't take our own food and drink round the pool. I thought this was a bit off as we booked for self catering and couldn't keep affording the prices of drinks from the bar.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AliBos
There are newer reviews for Club Aida

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Cleanliness in this hotel is top, all rooms cleaned daily by amazing maids and the hotel complex on a whole is well looked after and extremely clean.
Food was good. Cheap enough to eat in the hotel restaurant daily. There is a language barrier with some of the staff in restaurant and did cause a few issues at first due to medical reasons but the restaurant manager was quick to help and he was brilliant at his job. Waiters were great,friendly, helpful and were keen to chat which was a nice experience.
Pools were well used by us. Our children loved the fact there were 3 different pools ranging from toddlers pool to full size pool,also the slides were a big love. Plenty of sunbeds to lounge on too.

Reception staff were often quite rude they seem to be quite abrupt and we found it a hassle to go to reception at times as it made us feel uneasy. Night reception staff didnt seem to have any control as new guests would be getting off coaches in early hours and making a huge amount of noise and children from hotel staying would run up and down corridors and shout and scream till early hours and the night staff didnt seem to be able to help reduce the noise in anyway or irradicate the problem children.
Other than that the hotel was brilliant in a great location with shops around it and local supermarkets to buy produce. Short walk to Marmaris centre and main shops. Bus stop outside costing 2 lira a person which is cheap.
Great hotel overall-really enjoyed our stay and will consider again in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lee H
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks from 7th August. If I were reviewing the holiday itself, it would definitely be a 5 as we met lovely people and the weather was fantastic, but it was not perfect so I have given it an overall 4.
On arrival we were met with charges for air conditioning, TV and the safe. They stopped short of charging for the lavatory (but the loo roll was rationed and you only got a new one if you were down to the cardboard when the cleaning lady came!).
The hotel is spotless, as are the rooms, with ours being a one bed apartment with a twin (2 x single beds) in the air conditioned bedroom and a chair and sofa bed in the lounge with a small kitchen area. The beds were comfy, albeit quite small, and the chair bed was ample for me to sleep on for 2 weeks (son and wife had priority in the air conditioned room).
The room was cleaned daily and plenty of fresh towels throughout, the maid was a lovely lady and did a fantastic job.
There is a 25 metre pool outside with plenty of sun beds, yes, if you want the front row you have to get down early, I was down around 6am to get poolside but that’s what I wanted so I read my kindle for a couple of hours or went back to sleep. I was at that poolside every morning for the whole two weeks and there were plenty of beds left well past 8am (over half). You did get the moaners who roll down at half eleven and get the last pair of beds that are in the shade, or those that arrive at 2pm when there isn’t a bed left and start kicking off, but I probably saw 5 people unhappy about the sun bed situation over the whole 2 weeks. It really is not a problem.
There are 2 slides, if you have under 7’s, keep an eye on them. It is a free for all with absolutely no control. This was the only let down for the entertainment team who had responsibility for manning the slides. I wouldn’t want British Health and Safety standards, but a simple “one at a time” and “wait until the last person is out of the way in the pool” wouldn’t go a miss!
The entertainment team were the best I have seen, especially Ginger and Mickey. If you told me before I went that I would be doing pool games, juggling cocktails and dressing as a woman on stage I would have laughed at you, but these guys really do know how to get you involved. Ginger remembered my name from the first time I played killer pool and that was that, I was down for everything... but when I said no thanks, Ginger and Mickey left me alone.
What you have to remember is that these aren’t seasoned entertainers, they are mainly students spending the summer in Marmaris in between University years, and under the guidance of Bulent they put on a really good show. Thanks guys, you made our holiday. Sorry, I have forgotten Eddie who does the kids disco. Fantastic guy, we are still singing the songs now!
On the food and drink side, we did buy 7 days flexi dine as it seemed a good offer. 35 Lira for breakfast and 3 course evening meal – with free kids meals. Now, if you are going to have a full English for breakfast and a 3 course meal WITH STEAK in the evening each day this is for you. We found we were having a breakfast because we had the tickets, then in the evening we had a starter because we had the tickets, we were having a 16 lira chicken dinner and NEVER HAD A SWEET! (Nor were we offered one!). I should say that those who asked for one were given one, it’s just that the waiter didn’t come back for the sweet order – you had to ask for it. We also found later in the holiday that there are some fantastic restaurants nearby where the food is as cheap but the drinks are way less than at Club Aida.
What I am trying to say is that if you can eat a 3-course steak dinner each evening, then get the flexi plan. If you enjoy a chicken, pasta or salad then you won’t get your moneys worth.
Right, the restaurant and bar. This is where it drops from a 5 to a 4. The guys behind the bar do a fantastic job. Their English is okay, but they know all the drinks and provide a spot on service. The waiters/floor staff are split into 2 sections, those who speak to you and take your orders – the white shirts, and those that bring the food/clear the tables. Ismail is the manager who is a really nice guy, but I would imagine even he is not happy with some of the staff he has been given.
Chris is fantastic. He looked after us for the 2 weeks and even came to see us off when we left. What a fantastic waiter and I would definitely see him in management later in his career. His English was improving throughout and you could see him trying so hard to make us happy. We did, unfortunately, have to ask that one waiter stay away from us. He was too forward, aggressive and blew kisses at my wife from the bar as we sat in the restaurant. When he found that we had tipped Chris on a few occasions he confronted us and asked why we had not given him any money and when he brought us a bottle of wine, he asked for “five pounds tip!”. The last straw was when he stood at the end of the table just staring at me when I ate with a scowl on his face. This guy has some real issues.
There really is a language issue with a lot of the staff. I took to confirming the order with some waiters before they left the table. It is a real problem at times and you get sick of sending food back or having one of your party with no meal as they have missed it. You go elsewhere in Marmaris and everyone speaks English who works in a service job, from shops to McDonalds and restaurants. EVERYONE!
The shop in reception is good for the essentials. PLEASE NOTE – the pile of inflatable’s outside the shop have been left by guests for you to take – do not pay for these in the shop as I did. They will happily take your cash off you!
The barbers is fantastic, I had a few shaves which were good value. The gift shop is good value. The Spa is apparently wonderful, but the manager is a pain in the backside... but he has a job to do!
There were a few large loud families, but it wasn't the kids on our floor it was the immensely loud grandmother who we named "Queenie" who had us jumping out of our skin every time she hollered down the corridor. You'll Never Walk Alone Queenie!
Lastly, a big shout out to Olive, go on girl!

Room Tip: Ours was fine!
6  Thank Rob K
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Airport: had to find our own way to coach park, rep their then gave vague location to transfer bus, no driver, lunch time and baking. Eventually got on bus poor air conditioning.
Hotel: On site spa sales a pain the backside, on you as soon as you are booking in and all the time around the pool for first few days, had to be rude to get rid. No rep on arrival either.
Rooms very clean, air con poor and had to pay £45 for it for 10days.
Pool area very small for amount of guests, no towels to be put out before 8am that's a joke, we used to have early coffee and relax and was a job to find a bed at 7am (no Germans either).
Staff very friendly and helpful and lots to get involved in around pool for fun games.
No designated pool lifeguards either????
Food at hotel average but not to over priced and drinks not to bad either.
Money card system is good especially for children if you ask you can have more than one.
Whole place is very clean an friendly. On site supermarket is not to bad priced but can not buy from there and take to pool I found silly as it is hotels supermarket.
Not far from main town but learn the back roads to walk on to stop being pestered by shop owners.
Understand if they step out of their premises on to the foot paths to hassle you tell them you will report them, they don't like this as they get shut by local office for days then weeks.
Bother to walk along the Marmaris front as there are some nice restaurants.
A couple we found are Portofino, Bono, and for fun and friendliness and kids, but average food Cousins right by Club Aida.
Also beware the trip sellers as they do not have insurance (some have even given out washing machine instructions as insurance in Turkish?)and your holiday insurance does not cover them as they are classed as extreme outings.
Good for families with kids

Room Tip: Ask for non pool view (we were around the back perfect)rooms if you want quiet as music is on until...
2  Thank Daryl981
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Club Aida was a great choice for us. A 10min walk to the nearest beach but far enough away from any hustle and bustle.
Hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and knowlegeable. Food was of a good standard but we very rarely ate there because we were self catering and wanted to experience different things.
Overall a great hotel and would definately recommend.
If i was to say anything negative at all about the hotel i would say that ( in my opinion ) there needs to be locks on the windows and doors. There is a lock on the front door but that can just be turned very easily. We was on the 5th floor with a shear drop and with no lock on the windows, it was scary, my son is 14 and will not mess around but i would be concerned if he was any younger.
The other issue is the air conditioning, this is essential in this country but is only fixed in the bedroom and not in the lounge. I believe this is quite common. £60.00 charge for air con i thought was excessive.

Room Tip: Didnt get a room choice.
4  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Myself and 15 others (4 families) stayed at club aida end of july for 11 nights, self catering. The hotel is very clean, tidy and a great place to stay. Sunbeds always available, staff very friendly and helpful. Food and drink prices very reasonable but obviously much cheaper off the complex. Turn right out of hotel and cross the road to find sweet corner and piccadilly which are both great bars/restaurants, full english breakfast £1.65 and spot on. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AndreaHull_England
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have recently returned from what was our eleventh time staying at this hotel .From the start we given a very warm welcome from Sercan at reception all the other reception staff were lovely too . We come back to Club Aida time and time again as it's spotlessly clean and staff are very friendly .

Reggie's shop is great , Yener is a very good hairdresser, I got my hair blow dried quite a few times , he does a super job . My daughter was treated very well by Reggie and his staff , it was nice to meet Seray too.

Yasmin in the gift shop is such a lovely person , very friendly
We didn't use the spa this time but the spa guy seemed to be friendly enough to us . The spa does look amazing since it's all been revamped so we will definitely give it a go next time .

The service in the restaurant was slightly slower this year but I'm on holiday and try not to get to stressed out about minor issues , they work very hard and long hours . Ismail the restaurant manger did a great job too of trying to keep it all running smoothly .
We always take flexi dine but have free nights to eat out too . We as a family have never had a bad meal in all the time we've stayed in this hotel and to me that says something , I am very fussy too.

The maids do a great job.Our room was cleaned every day to a very high standard . You are given clean towels in abundance everyday too.
The hotel is constantly cleaned during the day , the cleaners do a fantastic job too and are very friendly .
Entertainment was the same as previous years but it's the same in other hotels too . I've read reviews saying they won't be back because of this , I'm sorry to say but you will get the same if you go elsewhere . I thought the guys Tay , Ginger , Bobo , Mickey & Eddie did a very good job . They do their best considering that fact that their not professionals .Games during the day were fun and you were never harassed to join in . Marmaris has so much to offer and we as a family never get bored of this hotel . We have always been treated very well at Club Aida , give it a go you won't be dissapointed . Russell , Nicola & Rachael .
See you next year Mr Murat