“THIS HOTEL IS NOT TO BE MISSSED! DEF BEST IN MARMARIS!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Aida

Club Aida
Ranked #2 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Belfast, United Kingdom
“THIS HOTEL IS NOT TO BE MISSSED! DEF BEST IN MARMARIS!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Well, I firstly gotta reply to maria41 who must have been on drugs when she was here or is just on another planet!

I came here with my WIFE - we just recently married and this was our Honeymoon.
Getting married was the best and happiest day of my life and I think its distgusting that you decided to try and slate the Wedding that was here.

That Bride and Groom were having the times of their lives and whichever way they decided they wanted their day to be is theur choice!

Well, on to the Hotel.

We arrived at tea time and were quickly checked into our room. We had a problem with our fridge - just wasnt cooling, so they had one of their engineers come and replace it for us straight away.

Rooms are of a good size, we had room 3112, not much of a view out our balcony, but we were able to nosey at the coaches coming dropping people off!! The advantage of having the room at the back was that when the sun started to disapeer at the pool area, we were able to go up to our balcony and get another hour or two of sunbathing in!

You get all your usual kitchen needs, decent sized bathroom, although the bath was small, very good shower though.

The pool is 1.6m deep the whole way round, but for non swimmers like myself, you can go down a few of the steps and sit, they got these at either end of the pool as well as the normal steps that you usually climb down.

Had to leave my towel down at about 8 every morning, 1st day I went down at 9 and every lounger was taken, but then it was the middle of the season, so you expect it to be busy, they were supposed to take towells off unattended loungers, had a sign up saying they would lift them between 8&10 am but they never did, so you got to get down early!

Entertainment was on everyday at the pool, the water gym probably only was designed to get the females boobs bouncing, but its Turkey, you know what the Turkish men are like, but you weren't forced. A previous review said the daytime entertainment was for kids, but it wasnt, they mixed it and had the adults joining in too, but again this was the middle of July were families do take their kids on holiday, so obviously your see alot of younger themed entertainment, this was also the case at night, there was a show on every night, everyone that was there when I was there seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Food at Hotel is really nice, and its not expensive to eat here. When you go out you can find cheaper restraunts of course, but the Hotel wasnt any dearer than any other of its quality.

We went on the Dalyan trip, Mud baths were stinking but a good experience! But dropping people back to their hotels made me feel so luck that we came to Aida.

The place is only up about 3 years and the others dont hold a candle to it!

When you come out of the Hotel, turn right and walk down the street, on the right hand side you will come to a restraunt called Minder, turkish people even eat in here and everynight it was packed, not that dear, but the food is simply the best!

We plan to come back next year, the hotel is great and the staff are good, tho some reviewers and people there at the same time as me seem to get a bit obsessed with it all. They seem to worship one of the entertainment team - Shaggy, Im sure he's a nice guy, but impression aI got was that unless you showed him a bit of attentention then he wasnt interested, some of them will walk right past you and not speak but the majority of them are really good, Fish is crazy and is a lovely guy, Reggie and the boys at the hairdressers are great to.

If your booked to go you wont be disapointed, you'll love it!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YAKACHEE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed at club Aida from the 14-21st July and had a very enjoyable holiday.
Our check-in was easy and stress free. On arrival we were given a run down of the hotel and facilities by the very friendly and helpful reception staff. We paid £30 for air con, £15 for the safe and topped up our hotel charge cards and were good to go!

It is a cash free hotel (although you can pay in the mini-supermarket near reception with cash), so you are given a card on arrival (we had 4 for each member of our group) and you can put as little or as much on it. It is easy to add more money and anything you don’t use is given back at the end of your stay.

Our room was modern and well equipped and we were very pleased with it. Even the sofa beds were comfortable. the kitchen has everything you need if you wanted to cook meals including a 4 hob stove, microwave, toaster & kettle. The only improvement I would suggest is putting air con in the living room. In our room (5th floor) it was only in the bedroom and the living room was like an oven even with the balcony door constantly open! The bathrooms are a good size with a powerful shower. The rooms were cleaned daily apart from the day before we left when they must have forgotten about us!

The facilities in the hotel are very good. There is a mini-supermarket, gym & spa, games room with internet computers, hairdressers (Say hi to Reggie), tattoo shop (very good, my friend got one), jewellers, souvenirs shop, on site doctor, ice-cream shop, restaurant and British pub.

The wedding mention is quite a few reviews was a lovely occasion on our first night. The wedding party looked stunning and the ceremony and celebrations after were enjoyed by all! the hotel seemed to have put in a great deal of effort to make the day special.

The pool is a good size so plenty of room for everybody. It is one depth throughout but I’m 5’6 and I could stand in it on my tiptoes. The stairs into the pool at both ends provide shallower water if you sit on the steps.

There are 2 smaller kids pools, one with slides (big kids allowed too – say hi to Michael who mans the slides!) and there are lots of sun loungers. Even when we arrive late one day to find they were all take, the staff were quick to apologies and went off to get more for us. Around the pool area there are green mats like walkways to prevent walking on the tiles so use these and be careful and there should be no accidents.

The staff at the hotel really made it an enjoyable holiday. They are so friendly and nice. We were a group of young women and they certainly were not sleazy or inappropriate. The entertainment staff work very hard to keep everybody entertained, especially the kids. They are not pushy like a lot of the entertainment staff I have encountered over the years so you can get involved or choose to just watch. There is a full daily schedule of pool gym, darts and pool competitions, games in the pool, bingo and water polo.

The food is good and there is something for everybody. The prices were a little confusing at times, for example a glass of fresh orange juice is the same price as a full English breakfast (4.99 lira) and scrambled egg on toast is the same as a full English. At ‘Waffle time’ in the afternoon a small waffle with nutella and one scoop of ice-cream is 7.50 lira! Overall the food is good and there is a special every night which is a special reduced price. The same goes for the cocktail of the day.
The waiters are all really nice and make meals enjoyable. Special thanks to Fatih, Mustafa, Ahmet, i-touch & Nemo.

We ate out quite a few nights and can recommend hell boys kitchen restaurant. We had many enjoyable evenings there. We also went out to bar street most nights. It is about a 30 min walk but you can get a taxi. Outside the hotel and across the street there is a taxi rank and the fare run on meters like London black cabs, so make sure they put them on and don’t just try to charge you random amounts(this only happened once coming back from bar street, i guess he thought we would have been too drunk to notice!) The Marina has some good bars but if you really want to party you have to head to Bar street. There is something for everyone there and they all stay open till 3.30/4am, then you can get a yummy low cost kebab on the way home from the many shops.
The drinks on bar street are very expensive so be warned! A cocktail is around 15 lira! You can order your drink from the bars but most of the clubs/bars have staff walking round with drinks menus and you can order with them. This does lead to you been pounce on as soon as you enter but you can just say in a minute and get drinks in your own time.

We booked our trips with an agency 2 minutes down the road heading toward the marina and I highly recommend them. We did the jeep safari which was so much fun, and the lazy day cruise which was good too.

All in all you cannot go wrong with this hotel and resort, lots of fun, sun and relaxation. Highly recomended!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank cantwait4xmas
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Got back from 2 weeks at club aida on Saturday! Loved every minute of it, went with my Mum, Dad and younger brother, I saw most of the wedding and it was amazing, all the staff defiantly made an effort :):) The entertainment team, especially Tom, Fish and Michael are Fab!! Crazy but fab and they get on with everyone!! I read a review earlier saying that the wedding was complete shambles and that children kept slipping by the pool and the staff were too busy chatting up teenage girls, We went around the same time as them and saw ONE person fall over in the two weeks we where there because he was running to the slides and all the staff ran over to him to check he was ok, plus I'm a teenage girl and I wouldn't say I got 'chatted up' by any of the staff! Loved every minute at this hotel and want to go back next year! Waiters and entertainers are amazing, especially Mustafa, Deniz, Fatih, Erman and Tom, they all spoke to us like we'd known each other for years, made us all feel dead welcome. Rooms are dead clean and everyone at the hairdressers/tattoo place is nice too, Entertainment at nice is hilarious, even the waiters are entertaining when they just dance. All 4 of us enjoyed it and deffo want to come back next year, recommend this hotel!! Love it Love it Love it!! First hotel we've ever been to that feels like your leaving behind a bunch of friends!! Can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I would firstly like to say if your thinking about going to Turkey you don't get better!!! I have been going to Turkey for a number of years and this was the best holiday ever. I would like to reply and reassure anyone reading Maria491 that I think she stayed in a different hotel!
In reply to a few of her points I am not a young girl or even a girl and yet I have not met a friendly bunch of staff and I have many of them now on facebook and keep in touch! We do have a younger child(9) who played by the pool everyday and at no time did we find her in any dangerous environment. The location is Ideal a short walk into the centre of Marmaris(which can be loud!) and yet far enough away from the noise.
The Apartments are some of the nicest I have stayed in which is reflective of this still being a new and award winning hotel. Air con is an additional charge, however this is standard in Turkey and I have ALWAYS had to pay this. Aida is amazing value for money and I couldnt fault it in anyway. The food at the restuarant was comparable in price to any of the decent eateries in Turkey, if you like chinese try the Taj or Mandarin in Marmaris also!!
Regarding the activities there is a non stop program in and out of the water from killer darts to surfboard gladiators. These are designed with both adults and children in mind not to mention the daily Kids Club which gets the children out of the heat for a while during the day if you want. The only problem we found with the kids in our party was trying to get them to leave Aida for anything else as they had so much fun there!!!
I was fourtunate enough to be part of the Wedding Party that Maria491 referred to and I was amazed by her comments of it being a shambles I have never attended a better wedding and since she wasn't part of it can not really comment on what the hotel did or didn't do. Club Aida from start to finish moved mountains to ensure this was the happy couples perfect day and they did not disappoint. Unlike Maria I am close friends with the happy couple and can comment/reply on their behalf to say it was their PERFECT DAY and this was helped by all the team at AIDA. We can't thank you enough guys. The Wedding was such a big deal, it even made Turkish TV's main station and was screened twice a day for a number of days after the wedding and made 3 National Turkish papers. Tell me a hotel in the UK that would create such a stir? If you want a fairytale wedding with no hassle and the reassurance that they will do their upmost for you - book Aida.
In conclusion the only problem with our holiday was that 2 weeks wasn't enough, we have already booked for next year again and can't wait to get back to the team at Aida who we consider friends.
I never once in the holiday felt anything but completely satisfied and impressed by ALL at aida .....SEE YOU ALL SOON!

3 Thank pbraid
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

This is our 2nd stay at Club Aida - we were the couple getting married which 1 review slates. I would like to confirm that the weding was most certainly a Turkish ceremony and for anyone that seen bridal party prior to the ceremony will know that a Turkish henna was performed on me and my party which was an amazing experience. I have liaised with the hotel since last year and all my dreams were fulfilled and more. Mustafa, office manager, Oktay, restuarant manager and Ozum, were amazing. We could not have asked for anymore. As for the hotel, staff are so friendly, take time out to talk to everyone, from Reggie (hairdresser) to photographers (Ozzy & Papparazi), even the security staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. There is entertainement every day is you wish to join in which is great fun. We are booked again for next year and would recommend to everyone. Shaggy, Oscar, Fish etc are all mad but in a good way and make your day's by the pool very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

what an absoloutley fantastic hotel. from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome.all the staff from reception,bar,waiters entertainers,cleaners etc were a pleasure to be in company with and never fail to greet you with a friendly hello. the waiters in particular are fantastic people at first we were a bit wary of them but once you get to know them they are are great bunch who just want to have a laugh but at the same time be very professional in there work.the hotel is fantastic very clean nice rooms with everything you need we were lucky to get a pool view room . the pool is massive the food is great ,very reasonable prices for food and drinks.the location of the hotel is good too nice and quiet area and only a 10 min walk to the beach and 5 min taxi to the marina ( where the really nice restaurants are and main bar street) however the ma\in bar street is twice as expensive as other bars for drinks..all in all this hotel has something for everyone and we loved every minute there it made our holiday.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

this hotel is fantastic and is great for all ages. in the mornings they get you lively by playing pool games and a very popular water gym. the waiters are just as funny as the entertainment team but both are fantastic. location is only 15 minutes to the beach. the beach is not much of a beach, its not that impressive. stayed most of the time at the hotels fab pool. they have two slides which are fun for all ages. most of the waiters end up jigging about when music comes on. especially on turkish night. fish and tom (entertainers) are hilarious.even when they are trying to be serious. they have a fantastic hairdressers which is quite cheap it turkish lira. works out around about £20 for a fancy cut and patterns carved into your hair. when we went they had a wedding going on and the staff lit fireworks and candles. the service for the wedding was brilliant. anybody could watch. on the pool during the wedding they released some floating plants with candles on. it was beautiful. the maids are fantastic at there jobs and they do fancy and pretty things with the towels. such as, make animals, make flowers and make patterns.
the waiters are extremely good at there job. special mention to some of them - fatih, deniz, mustafa and ahmet. they made our stay very remarkable and enjoyable. we were gutted for only went for two weeks and cried when we left.
staff and waiters gave you hugs and kisses when we left. we made so many remarkable and unforgettable friends. and we are booking for next year. cant wait.