Tekin is a conveniently located hotel in Van with its best years aleady passed but still it is one of the few budget options in Van (30 TL per person).
- extremely friendly and helpful staff
- complimentary buffet breakfast, which was varied and tasty
- spacious rooms with a balcony
- en-suite bathroom and toilet
- fast and reliable WiFi
- altogether we stayed in 3 different rooms, all of them were structurally dirty, so was the lobby and common space. On top the whole place stinks with cigarettes.
- none of the rooms had a flush working properly in the toilet, which is just annoying
- rooms had only one socket, sometimes not working at all
- each room had some drawbacks so changing them means solving one issue but facing a new one
But all in all it is a perfectly acceptable option. There are no MAJOR issues that would stop budget-conscious travelers from staying here.
We visited a number of hotels in central Van and this one offers the best value for money, but still spending 30 usd for a dirty room and dysfunctional toilet is not a pleasure.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking