“Excellent place to stay in Uganda - close to the airport EBB”

Executive Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have traveled to Uganda three times in the past year and every time I stay at the Executive Airport Hotel when I am in the Entebbe and Kampala area. What I like most is the courteous staff and the western amenities like the showers and plugs. The spanish omelets are great to wake up to and the outside bar is perfect for nightly meetings and for relaxing. The hotel is very close to the airport so you can be close and not have to worry about the traffic. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. I do recommend the EAH to all my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David Z

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Everyone from the driver of the shuttle from the airport (who patiently waited for me...the last through the visa line) to the check-in staff was incredibly kind and helpful (and cheerful!). They answered my many questions, and couldn't do enough to help me. I'm a pretty seasoned traveller, so I will admit that this hotel is a bit basic, but the smiles more than make up for the basic amenities. It's clean, very near the airport, and in a good neighborhood (ok to walk around in the morning for a little leg stretching exercise). A super bargain for $65!!!

Room Tip: Great place for an overnight stay if you have a late arrival or early departure out of Entebbe!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed there one night to catch an early flight next day. The room was clean which is probably the only merit I can think of. The shower water was cold in our room and I asked the staff to check it out. Waited for over one hour after she claimed things were fixed, the water still stayed cold. Had to take a shower in another room.

The bed was in a bad condition as well. Every move I made, the bed would be shaking and making noises. Even worse, the hotel was right next to a night bar that people were signing and playing heavy music till midnight.

I would suggest stay away from this hotel, especially when you need to catch an early flight, because you would more likely have no sleep at all at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

EAH is worth every dime. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are *clean*, spacious, cool, and well-furnished (as a grad student, I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs and budget hotels in East Africa, and I've not seen one as nice as this for the price). The hotel is located in the heart of the market district, but it's tucked back far enough that you can't hear any noise from the street - I slept really well and enjoyed the break from Kampala's relentless soundscape. Breakfast is lovely, and I also appreciated the fact that I could get big salads with lots of fresh, locally-grown vegetables with my lunch/dinner. Coming from bucket-bathing fieldwork, I most especially looked forward to long hot showers. Free parking, guards at the entrance at night, a nice garden, free lift to the airport, and close proximity to markets/lake/resorts/golf-course/airport make this an ideal choice if you'd like something nice, comfortable, and affordable. From my experience, you honestly cannot beat this deal.

My one small complaint is that the laundry service is overpriced ($4 for laundering a dress, $2 for a shirt, etc.). But it's not bad by American standards, and ironing is included. And, since I would've thought my room would be more expensive given it's amenities (coffee pot in your room = East Africa miracle!!), I'm not too bothered.

PLEASE NOTE: Electricity is just going to be an issue, no matter where you are staying (unless it's a super ritzy place). It is not the hotel's fault. EAH has a generator, and it runs well. But keeping a generator going with fuel and maintenance is difficult - having once lived in EA with a generator for an entire year, I know what I'm talking about. I'm disappointed with the reviews that specify their frustrations with this "African-run" business. As if whites could make the electricity work better, or the generator run consistently? Power outage/generator malfunction is not a sign of incompetence, miserliness, or dishonesty on the part of the hotel owner or staff - it is a systemic issue that hurts ALL local businesses here. If you can't handle it, please shell out the 200-300 USD per night at one of the lake-front resorts (and plan on not staying long, because you won't be happy).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ashrock29
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My best mate was flying in to Uganda on a late night flight, so i booked us in to this hotel so we could have a few drinks and save the journey back to Kampala till the following day. The hotel offered a free pick up service, so i took advantage of that to pick up my friend. The hotel had said the bar would be open till midnight, and we made it just in time but they very kindly stayed open much longer, allowing us some good drinking and chatting time. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality. The rooms were decent, the prices very good, the food was fine and the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyn H
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We arrived after dark and was met by their shuttle driver. It was a 5-7 minute drive to the hotel. The room was ready and had an internal AC unit that was working. There was TV too. The room was clean and organized with mosquito nets too. The shower was hot! The only problem was that when the electricity went out, so did the AC and it did not come back on with the electricity. It had to be manually turned on each time. The breakfast was fine and I had African tea which was like hot butter mint...very yummy. The staff accommodated our schedule. What a great value!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111...closest to the reception. It was a quiet room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DrV2010
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I only stayed at the Executive Airport Hotel for one night, as I had to catch my flight early the next morning. However, my experience, though short, was delightful & pleasant & the staff are extremely attentive, engaging & helpful.

The room is spacious & the bed comfortable, although the portable air-conditioner in my room was faulty. However, this was no problem as there was a ceiling fan overhead. The mosquito net over the bed is welcome, although the windows do have screens over them. There is ample storage space in the wardrobe & there is a kettle to make tea/coffee.
The bathroom is good but the shower experience was the best part - absolutely excellent - lovely hot & cold water to refresh oneself after a long journey.

We ate outside in the garden but the food was not too exciting (I had the beef burger & fries) & the wine was poor. The service was also quite slow, even though it was a quiet night.

There is a complimentary shuttle service to & from the airport & the driver, Amos, is most helpful & willing to transport you in the smallest hours of the morning.

Overall, a good overnight stay in Entebbe.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business