Central Inn
US$133
Secrets Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
US$94
US$84
US$150
US$108
Thames Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$51
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$45
  • Breakfast included
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$81
US$55
US$156
US$148
US$250
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I found Central Inn to have acceptable standards, and the staff friendly enough. For $45, I booked a decent sized room with a bath, 2 single beds with mosquito net, a tv, a fan, and a chair and small table. The bathroom had the standard amenities, although I found it strange that the bathroom window opened to the main hallway. The bathroom switch was also on the wall facing the beds (which to a while to figure out).

A 500-ml-sized distilled water was provided every night for free. Internet was available without charge in the hotel lobby, the restaurant, and the bar which was situated in front of the main structure. The internet connection was on and off; and not strong enough to support Skype. I am not sure if the paid internet option in the room is any better since I didn’t try it. The generator is switched on immediately when the power goes out, except when this happens in the wee hours of the morning- then there is some delay.

Breakfast was included and consisted of coffee/tea, juice, fruit, bread, and either French or Spanish omelette. Do not expect brewed coffee: they provide a pot of hot water and you make your own instant coffee. The bar serves drinks as well as food items from the menu. I preferred staying there over the restaurant because it seemed more private.

Central Inn provides free shuttle service to the UN base in the mornings (but no pick-ups). Before taking breakfast, just coordinate with reception regarding the time. A schedule between 8:00 – 8:30 am usually poses no problems.

I found the hotel to be good value for money. Just be mindful of your valuable personal items, and keep them locked away, or with you at all times. I had a good experience and would not mind going back there.

Room Tip: I had a room with windows overlooking the garden/patio dinng area. While this faced the street, if you choose a room on the 3rd floor, it is not noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ATrenas
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here for 1 night as it was the starting point of our tour, otherwise we would definitely not have done so. Although the room size was reasonable we were made to feel like potential criminals by the way the name of the place was stamped / etched on everything in the room. The pillowcases were too small for the grubby looking pillows, with seams partially undone. The bathroom look old and tired with several permanent marks on the bath, not encouraging use. The door kept sticking and my husband twice was unable to open the door from the inside and I had to put my shoulder into it to open it for him.

We and a fellow traveller ordered a club sandwich each - we had to wait more than 45 minutes for them, they were the worst we'd ever had. Breakfast consisted of toast and baked beans or jam and a little fruit.

Electricity went off at 3 a.m. so no fan, if you were lucky enough to have one. It came on again some time after 7, but other hotels managed fine.

Room Tip: Don't go there, there are better places for the same price
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ineketom
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed one night in the Central Inn after arriving in Entebbe. It is a short drive from the airport and has basic, but clean and spacious rooms, and friendly staff. It seems to be predominately used by business people. We ate supper and breakfast (included) there and thought the food and service were fine. They also rent bicycles and it is a short (10-15 min) ride to the zoo and botanical gardens. I'd have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DSaudi2Africa
Reviewed 26 August 2011

What really stands out for me is the people who work at the hotel and how friendly and helpful they are.
I originally stayed here during a week-long workshop for a group of about 25 people, and came back three more times during April between visits elsewhere, once for just a day between planes, and I was always happy to arrive at the Central Inn. They always found a room for me, often on very short notice, and after my first visit, the staff welcomed me by name, so I really felt at home when I came here.
I often worked in the garden, which attracts an amazing variety of birds (you can take your laptop out there and check your email while drinking morning coffee). Once, when I was busy preparing for a workshop, the staff happily brought my dinner into the meeting room for me so I could finish my work.
They pick you up and take you to the airport. During my first stay, my luggage didn't arrive with me, and the staff went and checked for me at the airport the next day and then took me to the airport the following day, when my suitcase did arrive, and helped me work through the process of getting it. They also took me into Entebbe when I had to go to Western Union to pick up money. Often I would go downstairs to the restaurant, order myr food, and they called me when it was ready.
The prices are very reasonable, the rooms are clean and bright, the laundry service is same day, and and the hotel is very close to Entebbe airport. I will stay there when I go to Uganda again - I felt very welcome.
This is also a great place to hold a workshop. It has one large meeting room and two smaller ones, and the chef puts on spectacular meals for large groups. The staff are very accommodating if you want to change the room layout.
Apart from being great value for money, this is a friendly place where I felt at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Outsider222
Reviewed 21 July 2011

not hell but bugs, no water and had to fight to get bottled water to brush teeth, unhelpful/unfriendly staff for the majority, credit card machine broken and staff unwilling to contribute in constructive solution so that we wouldn't miss our flight in that situation...food passable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business