“comfortable place”

Imperial Golf View Hotel
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Entebbe
Reviewed 1 February 2013

this hotel has enough space for even big parties like receptions etc
we had great fun with my family since we had enough space for eating and the kids were able to play their small games after eating that is chasing one another, it was really interesting.
it is near to the zoo, you do not need to ride because you easily just walk

Room Tip: higher floors gives you a nice view through the window
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve633

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed there for a three-day workshop. People, as usual in Uganda, are kind, particularly in this hotel they were even more friendly. However, be aware of choosing a room at the front. The rooms at the back, despite their nice view of the lake, you can hardly sleep because of the loud music they play in the bar at the back of the hotel (Tramp).
For a business trip people need a good Internet connexion, however those days the Internet were slowly and worked on and off.
Food from the buffet is most of the times local and the same everyday. They do not have a health club but instead they provide you a coupon to use the gym and the pool of the Imperial Botanical Garden Hotel.
It's locations allows you to walk or go for jogging all around Entebbe. In a walking distance you can find the Botanical Garden wich is worth to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are quieter but a bit smaller. There is a bar at the back that plays music all th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Golf view only 5 mins walk to the zoo, wifi available for an extra cost good breakfast and a friendly staff. This hotel has no swimmingpool but you are offered to use a pool nearby. Transport to the airport cost an extra 30 usd.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Oddgeir
Reviewed 18 May 2012

we were on this holiday with friends who were born in Uganda but had been exiled back in the 70's, we stayed in Entebbe for one night and we decided on this hotel...there were very many hotels and guesthouses but this one felt spacious, open and welcoming....prices were a bit steep $150 per night compared to the facilities available, well no onsite pool and i could see a gym or spa, for the wife, we have stayed in many hotels for around the same price but with far more exclusivity and facilities onsite, saying this we slept well and the place was tidy and clean, there was plenty of hot water and we were strategically located near all other amenities....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I only stayed in one 'proper' Hotel during my two weeks in Uganda (rest of time in Backpackers or Guest Houses) & as such can't really compare it with other large Hotels in the country. My rating is based on comparisons to other large Hotels I have stayed in during visits to other countries. We arrived really late at night (after 11.00pm). Check-in didn't take too long, although our Receptionist lacked any social skills & I had to ask for clarification on a few occasions. Fortunately our Porter was lovely & helpful, putting on our air con & showing us around the room. The room itself was huge with one large double bed & a single (I was staying there with my 2 daughters). It was clean & tidy and the decor was fine. The air con worked well which was a bonus. The bathroom was OK, although one of the taps on the sink didn't work. The shower was quite good, warm & relatively powerful.

Checking out the next morning took a lot longer as we had booked via Expedia & the Hotel wouldn't hold the rate Expedia had confirmed. Part of my payment had gone to the reservation centre at Internationalvacation.com & the balance was to be paid to the Hotel, but I ended up paying approx £25 more than I expected which I still need to follow up with Expedia as the Hotel wouldn't budge on it despite my printed confirmation!

In the daylight the Hotel looked really nice & the lobby was very tastefully decorated. It is only a 10 minute walk to one of the main roads to get a taxi if you don't pre book one, so the location appears to be pretty good too. Perhaps I should have rated it 3.5!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I value genuine friendliness above all the gifts of hospitality - the staff at the Golf View were lovely and made phone calls on their own cellphones for me as I didn't yet have a Uganda SIM. The grounds are large, there are many conference areas, room and breakfast were fine, location is handy -

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank aeoliansands
Reviewed 29 May 2010

If you are traveling to Uganda most likely you will land in Entebbe. You should be prepared to find that things are not quite the way you planned. I have found that the people are great but the differences between the way I think and the way they think are pretty noticeable. I would suggest if you have been traveling very long that you get some before heading out to your final destination. I have found that the overall trip will have been much easier if you start with a good nights rest and some leisure time in the yard of the Imperial Golf View Hotel. You will find it a short distance from the airport with very easy access. The staff are all very friendly and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I have enjoyed many days sitting at a table in the backyard of the Hotel enjoying a cold soft drink and watching the people walk by. Their is a nice view of Lake Victoria. You will see several interesting birds and the occasional monkey will drop in. The hotel serves some great meals and offers many services that will make your stay a better experience. I have been staying there off and on for about four years and I have found them very honest with no surprises. The only negative experience I have had was due to a wedding that included very loud music and lasted very late into the night. I could probably have changed rooms to escape the noise but I chose not to. I am very happy with this hotel. There is internet and computers for a fee but it is a very slow connection. You will have to have patience and you might find a faster computer at one of the internet cafe's, but it probably would not be that much faster to make it worth leaving the hotel.
Danny Cunningham W.V. USA