“Good for Low Budgets”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Entebbe Backpackers
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Spent one night waiting for my flight.
Got a single room for $ 10.
Washroom was shared by 4 rooms, of which 3 were empty, so I was the only one using it.
The room was decent enough for the price.
Entebbe is a small place, so other attractions were within walking distances. Slightly longer walks though.
Good enough for travelers on short trips.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights waiting for a friend to fly in. I found the staff friendly. Dorms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday. The beds had mosquito nets albeit a bit torn up. Beds also had individual lights which is nice for all the early morning flight people. There are two dorm rooms one with lockers an one without so ask for the one with. The food was not very good but the beers are cold. Pretty consistent wi-fi and tv with lots of channels. There's outside seating areas with grass. I would recommend splurging on a day at the pool at the nearby Lake Victoria hotel (20ugx) and coffee, juice, chocolate croissants and free wi-fi at Gately Inn. Also you can get great pedicures at the salon next to Nakumat.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My boyfirend and I arrived here around 8pm one night after a long journey, looking for somewhere to stay and a bite to eat. First impressions really count and I have to say the impression we got from this place made us leave and go back out into the dark to stay elsewhere.

The security guard at the gate was rude and the guy at reception also followed this trend. We approached the front desk and the man studiously ignored us for some time before looking up at us as if we were disturbing him. His communication skills were non-existant and we felt we were very unwelcome. He showed us a room which seemed poor value for the money requested and he seemed totally uninterested in whether we wanted to stay.

We had arrived at 8pm which is the time the kitchen closes and asked whether we could possibly get some food or if he could direct us elsewhere to eat locally. Again, he was totally unhelpful. It was at this point we decided not to stay.

This unfriendly attitude was totally opposing to the friendly welcome we had experienced almost everywhere else on our trip around Uganda.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellingphysio
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms for 4 with double bunk beds are nicer than the rooms for 3 but generally good value especially for entebbe. Sitting room area in reception is cosy, FREE WIFI and ugandas got talent always playing on tv which is great. Food is very good - I recomment snacking on masala chips and.having French toast for breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Iny M
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Wow, I gave this place a chance and regretted every minute of it. The reception & kitchen staff are extrodinarily rude & unhelpful, the food is overpriced and not good. The staff literally walk in the front door in the morning and say "this place sucks"--the morning female cook! So much negative energy about the place...sad because under new management it could be a cool spot. The rooms on the interior are noisy unless you get a private cottage. Most of the rooms go right out on the loud TV blaring living room/bar/reception/kitchen/restaurant. You would get a better nights sleep camping for 12,000 especially because of the U-shaped beds! I wouldn't stay here again if paid me. It's well worth the $ to go elsewhere especially since as of Nov 1st the room prices have gone way up!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank grantwill
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Despite reading the bad reviews on tripadvisor I decided to stay in Entebbe backpackers because it was cheap. This was a big mistake. I arrived late at night to check in to the single room I had booked over phone and was told no such booking existed. But I could have a room in the dorm. Since they had made a mistake with the booking I requested if I could have another private room for the same rate as the single. What I suppose was the manager started being very rude, he called me a liar and said they never made any booking mistakes and then started swearing at me. I have been in Uganda for over a year and have never encountered such rudeness and bad service before. I just have one advise for this place; Never stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place has really gone downhill. I've stayed many times on my way in and out of Uganda, but never again. No money has been put into upkeep in years. The mattress looked like a 'U" it was so old. Pieces of the wall were being held in place with masking tape. The shower didn't work so I was sent to the communal ones that were black - not just dirty, but actually caked in black - what? Yuk. The staff were unfriendly. Colin is positively rude! They didn't pick me up from the airport as per my reservation. When I got to reception to ask why I was told that I was arriving on a Sunday and I booked the pick up for a Sunday, but it should have been written into their book for Monday because that's where they look for the Sunday reservations??????? The food is overpriced and often takes forever to arrive I'm not sure I have anything positive to say other than if you've run out of money and just need anywhere to stay, you'll likely be ok here for a night or two.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or if you're determined to stay here, spend the extra and get a self contained...