“Not positive at all...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Entebbe Backpackers
Jinja, Uganda
“Not positive at all...”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am afraid my judgement isn't positive at all. My bookings during the last months went all wrong, they weren't noted in the reservation book, they were wrong/put on a wrong date, double bookings, mailing 3 times before getting a confirmation. Food is okay but service takes very long, breakfast will only be served after the chef has arrived even if that is at 9am. Some sons of Frank are very unhelpful, unfriendly... Prices of double cottages were raised with 30%, from 60 to 80.000Ugx without any notice to regular customers like me. And I could continue for a while. I am looking for another place for the future. You may ask them how many times I have been there and how many rooms I took during the last years...

Room Tip: If you decide to go there anyway, ask for a cottage despite the high prices for doubles...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rooms are just ok, nothing particularly bad but they are just a bit grim and aged overall. Bathrooms are ok.

Overall facilities are mediocre. There is a dining/living room/bar which is not very lively, apart from this there is not much to do on the property itself. The Red Rooster a half mile down the road provides a good alternative for dinner/nightlife though.

Important to note it that we had very mixxed experiences with the staff, the day staff is quite friendly but the night staff is close to being rude! We arrive around 10pm and were almost scared away by the unfriendly and uninterested staff working here in the evenings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Entebbe hotels

Reviewed 30 May 2014

First of all it has to be stated that Entebbe Backpackers has excellent service and nice and a friendly staff. The staff is prepared to go that extra mile for you if needed. The area is pretty and the rooms are nice.

Unfortunately the food they prepare is pretty bad, and I tried different items on the menu, but it was either burnt, bland or just not good.

Another unfortunate fact was that the room where I stayed had an ant problem... but it was no biggie for a one night stay.

Would I stay there again? Definitely, but I would just make sure to eat out ;)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just spent a week here. Frank and his staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming. There were 12 of us staying here and we were all made to feel like home. Food was good to, I'd recommend the banana pancakes!
The staff even did some laundry for us for 25p an item.
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Spent one night waiting for my flight.
Got a single room for $ 10.
Washroom was shared by 4 rooms, of which 3 were empty, so I was the only one using it.
The room was decent enough for the price.
Entebbe is a small place, so other attractions were within walking distances. Slightly longer walks though.
Good enough for travelers on short trips.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights waiting for a friend to fly in. I found the staff friendly. Dorms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday. The beds had mosquito nets albeit a bit torn up. Beds also had individual lights which is nice for all the early morning flight people. There are two dorm rooms one with lockers an one without so ask for the one with. The food was not very good but the beers are cold. Pretty consistent wi-fi and tv with lots of channels. There's outside seating areas with grass. I would recommend splurging on a day at the pool at the nearby Lake Victoria hotel (20ugx) and coffee, juice, chocolate croissants and free wi-fi at Gately Inn. Also you can get great pedicures at the salon next to Nakumat.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
travellingphysio
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My boyfirend and I arrived here around 8pm one night after a long journey, looking for somewhere to stay and a bite to eat. First impressions really count and I have to say the impression we got from this place made us leave and go back out into the dark to stay elsewhere.

The security guard at the gate was rude and the guy at reception also followed this trend. We approached the front desk and the man studiously ignored us for some time before looking up at us as if we were disturbing him. His communication skills were non-existant and we felt we were very unwelcome. He showed us a room which seemed poor value for the money requested and he seemed totally uninterested in whether we wanted to stay.

We had arrived at 8pm which is the time the kitchen closes and asked whether we could possibly get some food or if he could direct us elsewhere to eat locally. Again, he was totally unhelpful. It was at this point we decided not to stay.

This unfriendly attitude was totally opposing to the friendly welcome we had experienced almost everywhere else on our trip around Uganda.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple