J. Residence Motel
US$126
US$118
US$150
US$108
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$150
US$140
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsentebbe airportthanks johnmany times over the yearsairport transfer servicehome away from homechapatishort driveplace to staycomfortable roomvisit ugandaquiet locationa wonderful stayfree airportthe food is greatstayed nightspineapplelawrence
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My father and I stayed at this hotel before and after our trip to Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth NP. The owner John was incredibly friendly and provided free hotel pick up and drop off at ungodly hours of the night which we were very grateful for. They also cleaned our hiking boots for us which was great just before getting on a long haul flight. The deep fried whole tilapia was delicious. The beds were good but the bathroom was just OK. The insistence on making us pay for our room on arrival when we arrived at 5.45am was a little annoying as we were incredibly tired but that was a minor gripe on an otherwise thoroughly pleasant and friendly stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Biba096, Team Leader at J. Residence Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Taking your time to write a review about jresidencemotel is well appreciated,the motel policy is payment before checking in.
I gather from your e-mail this method was rather uncomfortable for you,we do have an upfront payment method though EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) into our account ,should you wish to use this type of payment in your future booking , let us know and we will e-mail banking details.
John and the team appreciates your comments and are glad that your safari was superb!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

You approach this hotel up a unmade side street off the main Entebbe road & especially if it's in the dark after a long flight it could be quite unsettling but don't worry.
This hotel is clean, welcoming & comfortable. It is good value & an excellent choice before/after a flight. Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly. Bed comfortable.
I have two small criticisms ..... 1. The horrible, plastic mossie nets. 2. The parking, only room for 4 cars max & that will block some in. We left our key at reception so they could move our car as required after being told that one person we blocked in was leaving at 2am.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick S

Your candid observations are appreciated,we are now upgrading to ceiling free mosquito net type,
The parking space can sometimes be a little of a squeeze,we are looking at alternatives a stone throw away.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed the final night of our journey here and were very pleased. After a bad experience in Kampala, this was great . Didn't rate the value as our your guide paid- not sure about that. Prefer brewed coffee over instant. Otherwise , would recommend a stay here . John, the owner, and his wife were most kind.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Wendyscharen
Biba096, Team leader at J. Residence Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for choosing jresidence motel for your recent stay in Entebbe,
Preferred brewed coffee noted,we are glad that we made your stay hassle free and memorable.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at J.Residence Motel for 1 week (thankfully it wasn't more) on business. I am giving the place an overall rating of average because, in my experience, there were extremely good aspects, not so good aspects, and really unpleasant aspects of staying there, which I will detail below.
Good aspects:
Pick up from the airport and shuttle service within Entebbe (drop off only,if you intend to be picked up, you will have to arrange your own transport, which can be abit of a challenge if you are not familiar with Entebbe which is about 6km away)
Clean rooms, with warm water.
Not so good:
The menu is overpriced for dinner, which you have to have placed an order before 6pm. To give an example, I ordered the famous rolexes- which cost me 5000 UGX. On the street,it costs 500 UGX. Do the math, this is being ripped off. And by the way, its the same one they buy on the street and resell it to you at that price. Unbelievable. Also the dinner menu is very limited.I would suggest you eat in the town which has very decent places to eat, my favorite being Faze 3. Also there are numerous eating places along the beach in entebbe that have fantastic fish and chips.
Another things is the wifi is only in the common sitting area/ lounge/ dining area. Absolutely none in the rooms, which makes it hard to skype especially when there are visitors.
When there are guest who smoke in the common area, its really an inconvience to non-smokers.
Unpleasant aspects
There seems to be a communication breakdown between the managers. On the second last day of my stay, i informed one of them that I may or may not come back for the night and whether it would be ok. He says its fine. I come back the next day and I am charged for a night I did not stay in the hotel, the claim being they did not get my message and that my room was reserved either way for the night such that if they were houseful, they wouldn't give away my room.(Please note the is rarely houseful) I was made to go late at night by public transport to the banks in Entebbe (my safety not withstanding) to get cash to pay, as my flight was the next day, and I really didnt have a choice. I felt so cheated. That did it for me, everything seemed ok until this incident. They were the least apologetic and made it seem like I was trying to swindle them for staying and not paying. People, be warned.I would definitely have loved to stay in this motel again during my many trips to Entebbe, but just because of this incident, I wouldn't consider it.

Overall, I think this hotel is ok, looks great in appearance, and has the potential to be one of the best places to stay in Entebbe if they improve upon some of the negative aspects that I experienced during my stay with them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It is through valuable comments and suggestions that help us make improvements and strive for excellence.Thank you for taking your time to write a detailed response.
In your future travels do check out if your next day stay is not clear and have your luggage tagged for safe keeping ,verbal re-confirming when you are not sure of either staying or going at the same time leaving all your luggage in the room beyond stipulated check out time will incur a charge as per the establishment policies.Check out time is clearly displayed at the reception.

WI- FI strength is the strongest at the lounge,management will make it a priority to have all the rooms with better signals once renovations are completed.
The motel prepares pre-ordered home cooked meals,at the same time we do recommend up-market restaurants around Entebbe to our clients ,we did recommend one and we are glad that you liked it!
It is unfortunate that you insisted to go into town using public transport even after i offered to drop you,or wait till morning on your way to the airport.
All your drops during your one week stay were complimentary,a gesture management was happy to perform without hesitation,as well as your airport pick and drop.
I will share your comments with my team,am glad that your beginning was to your expectations ,but troubled that you en counted disappointment toward the end of your stay.
Do let me know the next time you are in Entebbe to host you again and make your ending memorable with us.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

When I realized that the last leg of my flight to Kigali was canceled the morning of my departure from Miami I panicked. I was going to be stranded (without notice and after 24 hours on the road 9 hours miami to London layover and 9 more hours to Entebbe) about 20 more hours, I tried to secure a last minute hotel to spend the night.
This hotel was the only one that returned my calls and secured the room in a short notice. A driver, showing your name in a foreign airport, late at night, after such a long flight is priceless. Then that bed felt soo comfortable, and the hotel safe and the staff friendly.
The next morning a nice good breakfast and a ride to the airport was all that I needed.
The hotel was clean, and the staff friendly. Internet access was also a plus.
If you need a clean, friendly and reliable hotel in Entebbe this one will do it. Looks like is family run.

• Stayed: February 2014

It's comforting to know that the extra motel the motel goes get's noticed.
Thank you for taking your time to review jresidencemotel,do not hesitate to contact us for any bokking that you may have in future!