“Even better the second time around!”
Review of Karibu Entebbe

Karibu Entebbe
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
London, United Kingdom
“Even better the second time around!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at Karibu around 1 year ago while travelling with my family. I was back on business this time and my evening arrival and morning departure a few days later were a great excuse to stay here again.

A lot of work has gone into the place in the last year, construction of a new wing of rooms which have been very nicely designed and decorated, my favorite parts; the huge mozzie nets which hang around, not on the bed, and the cool rock design in the showers.

The staff were as friendly and professional as ever and mostly familiar faces which is good to see they are forming a good experienced crew there. I raved about the meals last time and was not disappointed again with some amazing fillet steak on my first night and fish in wine sauce on my way out. Both nights I stayed the guesthouse was fully booked but the food service was impeccable, the wait staff and kitchen obviously very adept at the timings of meal service, something I usually find to be either far too fast or incredibly slow in other restaurants in Uganda, even in the expensive hotels!

My work will have me coming back to Uganda more often, and Karibu will be my No.1 option for Entebbe. My only advice to other people reading this review is to book early, I tried to book for March next year and they were already full!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BSammyB788

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Very friendly and professional staff who answered my emails promptly, organised our airport transfers, made sure we were comfortable when we arrived and served delicious meals.
Friends travelling with us were able to store their bags until their return a week later.
Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank novalane
London
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

The Karibu Guest House was a gem of a find. My girlfriend and I were touring through Uganda and we stayed here for a couple nights before heading home. The showers were amazing, the food was some of the best I had the entire trip and the rooms were spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The price of the stay was very reasonable, but the friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere made it a stay to remember. Will stay here again as soon as we can come back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TheLostScott
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I thought the Karibu Guest House was too good to be true when we booked it, but I was wrong. It lived up to its name of 'Welcome' (Swahili) from the moment our taxi came through the gate. From that moment on, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. As we sat out on the veranda enjoying a cool glass of beer and looking out at Lake Victoria it was clear we had hit the jackpot. The rooms were stylish, bright, comfortable and very clean. The shower was a delight. The 5 course dinner was a real pleasure. Good quality, beautifully prepared food served on the veranda looking out into the night sky. Breakfast was equally good and set us up for a day out although by this time we felt so at home we were somewhat reluctant to move. There were some nice souvenirs to buy including materials, bags, jewellery, aprons and toys and the income from the sales is augmented by the owner who will also arrange trips as well as the taxi to and from the airport 10 minutes away. All in all a very special place to stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms with a veranda
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flyjohnb
malaysia
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

One line...
If u ever need to be in EBB for business or a stop over stay at the Karibu as the food the staff are the friendliest the boss Kevin as well
He arranges transfers . Tours. Fishing trips. I give high marks to this place

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Karibu Lodge is a quiet elegant refuge from the crazy busyness of Kampala and Entebbe. Our room was spacious with a verandah view of lovely green garden, large comfortable bed and the best shower of all our travels! Beautifully put together meals on the verandah were served by friendly staff and we enjoyed lingering over meals! Thoughtful touches throughout as well as thoughtful service. Great overall stay!

Room Tip: Get a room in the new wing, lots of room, view of garden and bird life!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janetjet
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've had the opportunity to travel worldwide, and I've never had an experience that comes close to my stay at the Karibu Guest House. The accommodations are excellent, clean and pleasantly quiet - but the staff are what make the experience so unique. I was made to feel at home and welcomed daily. The staff make you feel like you are home, and treat you like a king (or queen), plus they are knowledgeable about the area - pointing you to the correct destination, accurate reviews of where to go, restaurants to visits, sites to see.

The onsite restaurant is also the best I've ever had at a hotel. Full English breakfast every morning is better than those served in England, and I had the best steak I've EVER had for dinner. Again, the wait staff are top notch.

Prices are excellent - I can't think of any reason not to stay at Karibu when visiting Entebbe or Kampala.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel