Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe
US$80
Jumia Travel
US$81
US$55
Alison & Dave's Guest House(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$44
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$45
  • Breakfast included
J. Residence Motel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$135
US$130
US$157
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewslake flieslake victoriaclose to the airportmarriott hotelshotel restaurantbuffet breakfastbalcony overlooking lakenice poolminutes from the airportcomfortable roomsvia emaillong flightbusiness hotelair conditioningugandamillionsproximity
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my time at the Protea Hotel in Entebbe. However, when comparing it to the Protea at Kampala, the Entebbe's Hotel is far away from its Kampala sibling.
The hotel's infrastructure is very nice; rooms are comfortable and nicely equiped, lobby and restaurant are also nice. I mainly came because I wanted a swimming pool but the rainy season just started and was not able to even visit it.
The food was not as good as the one in Kampala. And if referring to a 4 and 5 star hotel, the food and menu at this hotel were far from that. The chicken's flavor was not good and it was stiff. However, they had fish and it was really good. But just the type and quality of the food was average for Ugandan standards which aren't really high.
Service: lame. I was greeted at the front desk by a nice lady who charged my credit card and sent me to my room by myself. No bell boy to show me where my room was, the gym, restaurant, and other hotel facilities.
When I got to my room both the air conditioning and tv remote controls were not working.
During my breakfast time, i sat there waiting for someone to offer me coffee but it never happened. When I was done, I had to go to the manager and ask to get coffee.
Waiters were eagerly awaiting a tip for not doing much. In Uganda, you do not usually tip unless service is exceptionally good. But in this hotel, they were waiting for the tip.
It just didn't make it for me.

• Stayed: August 2013
Cymon C, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear mximedc, Thank you for your feedback received. We are truly saddened that we did not meet with your expectations whilst staying with us. Whilst we are confident that we have addressed downfalls that you indicated, we would welcome the opportunity to review your experiences in person, during your next stay with us. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to the Protea hotel Entebbe. Kind regards Cymon Charnley – cymon@proteaebb.co.ug

Reviewed 31 July 2013

What a lovely experience, after the hustle and bustle of Kampala to be treated to a suite at the Protea Entebbe. Great rooms, friendly staff, good food, and going to sleep to the sound of waves lapping outside the room.

Room Tip: book water front rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicci P
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We spent the night before leaving on an early morning flight. Room was very big, everything you need supplied and very comfortable stay. Convenient for those early morning red eye flights and the staff was pretty helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank TracyH630909
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I popped into the hotel for a snack after visiting the zoo nearby and was astonished by the standard of food, and the excellent service (normally languid, verging on static, in Uganda.) I had a fabulous sandwich, which tasted like it had been made in a five star French hotel, and my companions had samosas,which they said were superb. If the hotel is as good as its snacks then it is a treat.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the public beach, which stages non stop parties.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2013

PROTEA HOTEL is a wonderful place to host a conference. It is about 3 minutes from the airport - situated on the shore of Lake Victoria - and about 2 minutes from the Entebbe Botanical Society and Zoo. It is clean and organized and the food is excellent. The view of the lake is heavenly and the gardens and swimming pool are lovely. The gym room is bare-bones but it does the trick.

Don't worry about eating the salads or fresh fruits and veggies. This hotel has excellent standards for hygiene and food service. Everything is spotless. The staff is incredibly kind, gentle and extremely professional. Maxim - the food & beverage director will help you with anything and everything. The local staff will also help you with anything and everything. You will enjoy this place. I was sad to leave!

Room Tip: room 107 is really nice!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business