“THE BEST HOTEL FOR CONFERENCES”

Imperial Resort Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Entebbe
Nairobi, Kenya
“THE BEST HOTEL FOR CONFERENCES”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We found total pleasure at the Imperial Beach Resort.The Staff were all incredible especially the front desk and banqueting staff and made our stay better than anything I could have imagined..At the beach I found total peace and it was so clean considering it was a lake beach.Truly enjoyed the sunset.. Kudos Mr. Kahi and team Emily

Room Tip: Chose a room that faces the lake
1 Thank Emily K
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Emily,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience . We very much value and appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while you attended a conference at our Property . We are committed to the idea of quality and our goal has always been to exceed the expectations of our customers in the things that matter to them most.
We look forward to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Myself and two other colleagues stayed in this hotel for two evenings this last week. It rated as possibly my worst experience in Africa with hotels and we all have sworn never to use this hotel again and will ensure that that we get them removed from whatever list our travel agents have which promotes the hotel. We are part of a large professional firm who spends large amounts on accommodation and I will personally ensure that this hotel will not feature again. The website is deceiving. The service was poor, the breakfast awful and the rooms a nightmare. Aircon was a joke and you cannot open your windows as the "lake flies" enters your room immediately. I could elaborate but enough said...

3 Thank Henning S
Emmanuel M, Front Office Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review .We value your feedback because it helps us in our effort to achieve our goal of delivering superior customer service. I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent concluded stay. I would like find out more information about your stay and would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel telephone line or email . Our priorities are service, cleanliness, and guests' safety, room comfort and functionality among other things so we take these issues seriously. We regret to hear that these issues happened at our property, and we will take the proper steps to find out and resolve the issues in order to make sure our future guests to not experience the same.
Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Imperial Resort Beach Hotel the next time you're in Entebbe.
We look forward to hearing back from you.

Travellers are raving about these Entebbe hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in February 2014 and it is my view that the low ratings by most Tripadvisor reviewers are either wrong or unfair. Unlike most of the reviews which present the hotel as awful or terrible depending on your choice of negative superlatives I actually found the hotel to be reasonably good and comfortable. Admittedly the architecture of the hotel is really terrible. When you arrive at the hotel you will not be able to see the building despite the fact that it is a huge six or seven stories high massive establishment. Also the color of the wall and the windows are an elusive blue or something of that sort. Only the architect would understand why he decided to put this odd color in what is already an ugly building. So if anyone was to ask me to describe this hotel in one word I would say space. Mind you I didn't say spacious but space because although the hotel is very spacious what happened is actually a misuse of space than actually creating a sense of spaciousness.

Despite the terrible architecture however the hotel is otherwise most comfortable and I see no reason to blame the hotel management for the poor work of the architect.

The first thing you would probably appreciate about this hotel is, of course, the friendly staff members who are eager to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Once I reach my room I was actually wondering if I were mistakenly given a suite instead of a regular room. The room I was given was big with a huge be. It was also clean and unlike the comment from some reviews I didn't observe any offending odor either in or outside of the rooms.

The restaurant offers both buffet and a la carte menu which, though expensive, is quite good. Other facilities like the free wifi, the pool and gym are also of good quality. Regarding the price it is worth noting that it is possible to negotiate a lower price than you would get from an automatic online booking. I negotiated to get the price reduced from 100 to 85 USD.

So all in all the hotel is very reasonable although the disastrous architectural design gives you a bad first impression which does not do service to an otherwise nice hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking lake victoria have a good view though a bit noisy during the weekends.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
imperialhotelsUG, Public Relations Manager at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2015
Dear MGH,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and reviewing our hotel. We truly appreciate this detailed constructive feedback you have taken time to give us but most importantly to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay.
we look forward to welcoming you back soon for it will be a pleasure hosting you.
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spent a miserable late afternoon here - resting up before the long flight home. The hotel felt damp. The service was very poor - it took me 20 mins to get a bill in the dull restaurant even though customers werer outnumbered by staff - and another 20 mins to actually pay it. The private beach in front of the hotel would have been nice were it not for the huge sound system they had rigged up to deafen their 4 other patrons. There was no hot water in the hugely overpriced room. What a dismal end to a fantastic visit

Room Tip: Anywhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon T
Dear Jon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our colleagues strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were brought here by Precision Air upon stranding at the airport. This hotel is bad! The overall service is below par. We checked in around lunch time, indicating we would need two extra beds for the children. It took up till 9pm (repeated phone calls and visits to the reception) to get this done. Precision Air had indicated they would pay for the stay and the food, but while checking out the desk lady asked twice whether we were sure and almost made us pay for the food we had taken in the restaurant on the beach. After the afternoon's horrible experience in the inside restaurant, we didn't want to go that restaurant again and had (against the rules apparently) opted for the beach. The food for lunch took too long (over an hour) and half-way during his salad my husband found a cockroach between his beef strips. The cook indicated that he had no idea where this cockroach came from and how it ended up in the salad!?! As if we put it there! Positive points? Rooms are spacious, access to the rather nice beach and the pool area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Rhode-Saint-Genese, Belgium
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is what happens with people with too much money and no taste. The decor of this hotel is AWFUL, the quality of the the materials used and the construction is APALLING, everything looks fake and hollow. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
malaysia
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The hosts told me this is a nice hotel. I guess their nice and our nice were vastly different.
The hot water was not working most of the hotel lights were dimmed tov save power.
The room smells of old bread and sourish
Not cheap
The staff were not trained and v an overall badc place. The only reason I stayed was because I arrived late and it was only for a night
But never again