Lake Victoria Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$254
Protea Hotels
US$84
US$150
US$108
Thames Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$50
4 Penguins Hotel(Entebbe)(Great Value!)
US$45
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolcolonial hotelgreat poolentebbe airportlate flightrooms are comfortableenjoyed my staymustafaugandaplatformsignalzoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have worked in Africa for 12 years and this is the worse Hotel ever, STAY AWAY!!! As I type it is 2am, can't sleep as no AC 30 degree C+, room stinks of stale piss, and the bed is full of bugs. Management does not care despite we have 40 rooms booked for a conference, loud disco on beach. Honestly, STAY AWAY!!!! VOMIT...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Tinman,

Thank you for your comments.
Am so sorry for any inconveniences during your stay in the Laico Lake Victoria Hotel.
I have discussed with my staff about your comments and we must account for all comments.
We made several improvements and changes.
I hope to welcome you again at the hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me "gm@laico-lakevictoria.com".

Marc Peters

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice on the surface and has a lovely pool but is not up to the standard expected. The room smell a lot of mildew. There are no mosquito nets and no hooks to hang up your own net. The breakfast was good. The rest of the restaurant menu was not very exciting, I had a hard time deciding what to eat because nothing sounded very appetizing but everything we ate (4 people lunch and dinner) was ok. Garlic pizza was the best option or going somewhere else to eat. Good free shuttle service to the airport.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Clara,

Thank you very much for the comments. we shared following your stay with us here at laico lake Victoria Hotel.
I have took notes of the points you raised which will be discussed with the team.
Hope to see you when you come back at the hotel. Please contact me before you come on this contact "gm@laico-lakevictoria.com"
Hope to see you soon.

Regards,
Marc Peters.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a comfortable hotel that I have stayed at frequently for business travel. The rooms are neat and clean, but maintenance upkeep is in order. In every room I have stayed in, taking a shower floods the bathroom floor. The Internet is spotty and slow, making communications with my employer an arduous experience. The breakfast needs improvement, but isn't bad. The restaurant service is slow, even for Uganda.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Returned for my second short stay at Lake Victoria Hotel, and it somewhat felt like 'coming home'. Pleasant atmosphere and a good choice, either for a short stop on arrival/departure by air, or for a longer stay. Accommodating staff, spacious rooms and comfy beds. The excellent pool and garden area kind of invites you to sit out for food or a drink. From independent sources I learned that slow and at times choppy internet connection is an Entebbe infrastructure issue, thus not a thing that the hotel shall be blamed for. Tip: In contrast to dusty, noisy and bustling Kampala, Entebbe offers a relaxed and safe rural environment, worthwhile exploring by foot.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Rooms were nice, pool great, staff very friendly and I kept losing my tablet computer and smartphone in my room and the maid found it and put it on my bed. Would be great if they could put screens on windows. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business