Lake Victoria Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
K Hotels(Entebbe)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolcolonial hotelgreat poolentebbe airportlate flightrooms are comfortableenjoyed my staymustafaugandaplatformsignalzoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel is easy to find, looks impressive from outside and is very conveniently situated if you need to get to the airport. We checked in for two days for some much-needed R&R on our trip from Cape Town to Cairo. The asking price of $230 per night is pretty expensive but we wanted to spoil ourselves for a couple of days. It was unusual to be asked to pay the full amount when we checked in, but we complied.
The hotel makes a good first impression with a lovely reception area, pool area and gardens. Unfortunately our room did not live up to our expectations. The room is a good size with a very nice bathroom which was spotlessly clean which is important to us after some horrible camp-sites in Rwanda and Uganda. Unfortunately the bath had no plug and I wanted to bath. Called housekeeping and a (metal) plug was delivered promptly. Had a bath but then could not get the plug out so maintenance had to be called and they removed the plug with a plunger so clearly they are used to this happening. They left the plunger in case we needed it again??
The cupboard door almost fell off when I opened it as the top hinges were broken. The balcony door was opened to reveal a damp carpet where the rain had got in and some toilet paper that had been stuffed around the doorframe to prevent the rain coming in. We turned on the air-conditioner and it sounded like it was going to explode - no way to sleep through that noise!
We were going out so left all this and when passing through Reception, I asked to see the Manager. Shock and horror, but he was called. I explained the problems with the room to him and told him that I just wanted to make sure that he understood that with these issues in the room I felt that the room was certainly not good enough and certainly not worth $230.
He thanked me for my feedback and walked away! Fair enough - got my message through to him, but certainly would not stay here again and certainly would not recommend this hotel.
The staff were extremely helpful in this hotel and could not have tried to be more hospitable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear CTownian,

Thank you so much for your comments and for your stay in the Laico Lake Victoria Hotel.
I discussed with my team about your all comments. we made several improvements and changes.

I hope to welcome you again at the Hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me "gm@laico-lakevictoria.com".

Best Regards,

Marc Peters.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed at Lake Victoria hotel before flight out of Uganda. Beautifully landscaped grounds and awesome swimming pool. Very relaxing to eat at the pool and cool off. Room had very nice bathroom, but carpet could have been updated. Checking in was slow and staff not very nice compared to all the gracious people we met during our travels through Uganda. Breakfast buffet was extensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hall S,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at Laico Lake Victoria Hotel and for your positive comments.

I hope to welcome you again at the hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@laico-lakevictoria.com.

Hope to you soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Only spent 5 hours here, but asides from the very slow check in, and the long walk to the room, i was generally impressed with this place. Rooms were ok, with good bathroom, and breakfast decent. Pool very nice and decor all good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear RikTNC,

Thank you very much for the comments. We shared following your stay with us here at Laico Lake Victoria Hotel.
I have took notes of the points you raised which will be disused with the team.
Hope to see you when come back at the hotel. Please contact me before you come on this contact "gm@laico-lakevictoria.com".

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Awful, simply awful.
Upon arrival you expect something lovely - great building, big reception, big bar and restaurant, lovely grounds, superb views, all well maintained. But that is it. Even the view does not add a star. After waiting an hour for a bottle of wine on room service, we got the wrong wine after trying a further two times. Dinner was a disaster with argumentative staff (trying to tell me my hard egg was runny as ordered) - they ended up giving us the wine and food for free with a hugely apologetic food manager. Early morning call and breakfast ordered - neither happened. Upon checkout we were asked to pay for it all - needless to say that that argument just ended up with more being taken off for our stay.
During our stay they were relandscaping so the gardens were a mess. They also had a very rowdy wedding that went on until 3am in the open swimming pool around which are many rooms. The aircon did not work and there was little appetite from the staff to relocate us or solve the aircon issue - I suppose that by then there had been so many complaints that they just wanted us to leave! Which of course, we were happy to do.

Room Tip: A room in any other hotel - just don't go to this one
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NightOwl ,

I have took notes of the points you raised which will be disused with the team.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is the most popular spot in Entebbe and a decent stay but it's a little bit out dated. Needs renovation. The food is good and the pool is nice and relaxing. The location is central to all of Entebbe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LaicoLakeVictoria, General Manager at Lake Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Brad B
I have took notes of the points you raised which will be discused with the team.