“great place to stay in Entebbe”
Review of The Boma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
The Boma
Ranked #1 of 69 Entebbe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, nice location, good food....a quiet nice place in Entebbe where you can calm down from the busy life of Kampala or Entebbe. Worth to stay there and to test it out!
The rooms are clean and well accomodated. All in all we were pleased to stay at the Boma Lodge!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

After a hectic week in Entebbe working for Amazing Children Uganda, it was lovely to be able to wind down for a day here at the Boma before my flight back to London. This matches up with my idea of what a small African hotel or guest house should be like. Lots of thoughtful touches (done with the convenience of the guest rather than the hotel in mind); lovely setting and ambience; comfortable and clean rooms; good food and a well stocked bar; and delightfully friendly staff. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary and her 60th with a trip round Uganda. Our first night upon arrival at Entebbe and last night before a very early start were at The Boma. What a treat! The gardens and pool are fantastic and a bonus was being able to photograph a couple of birds that we had hunted for on our trip (parrots and gonolek). The service was excellent and we loved the food. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. The Boma will be on our itinerary on our next trip to Uganda. Thanks for making us so welcome. Chris and Auriel Thorpe

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Auriel T
Reviewed 12 November 2013

After a hectic 2 week tour of Uganda, The Boma was a very welcome wind-down before returning home. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly, and the food was wholesome and of excellent quality. It would certainly be our no. 1 choice of a place to stay in Entebbe in the future. Thanks to everyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked similar from the outside - Room 10 was the only one we saw inside and that was...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Amazing, this boutique hotel is one of the best in Africa. It was a delight to stay here. After my long trip from Melbourne Australia it was a pleasure to arrive at the Boma after being met by their driver at the airport. The staff were polite and attentive and made my arrival so pleasant. Patrick was exceptional in every way and was far more professional than staff at any hotel I have stayed in.
Room 5 was an absolute delight spacious and well appointed made my stay very easy indeed.
I used the pool everyday on multiple occassions and this for me was the icing on the cake. So refreshing in this tropical Ugandan climate. The cold Tusker went down well indeed while relaxing or working poolside. The meals were brilliant, do try the curries they were perfect. Again breakfast by the pool was very pleasant the coffee superb. The staff here were all helpful, polite, professional & friendly. I loved my stay here and will go back whenever I am in Entebbe. Going the extra mile I was invited to stop by for lunch and a swim before my long flights back to Australia. This was a God send as I was only 5 mins from the airport and arrived there fresh and revived after a very busy trip. The Boma really is an Oasis in Entebbe. I look forward to returning! Oh extremely good value by the way. Cheers to all the staff.

Room Tip: Room 5 was fantastic a little larger than some others
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

If I ever return to Entebbe, I will definitely stay here. It is a wonderful place with helpful, friendly staff. The pool is beautiful and the water lovely; the food was delicious; the grounds are a treat to behold, and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here on our first night in East Africa, and couldn't have been more pleased and surprised it was a great first stop. Beautiful gardens and rooms. The staff were friendly and food excellent. We used this as a first night stop before we explored other parts of Uganda including the Gorillas. Close to the airport so that is also an advantage.
Well worth it.