Shakhtyor Plaza
Liverpool(Donetsk)
Eva(Donetsk)
Dominik Hotel(Donetsk)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I recently stayed here. It is a very nice hotel and close to city center. Checking in proved to be very hard, and the staff in reception were not so helpful, unable to find my booking and I got the wrong type of room, even booking 2 extra days with different staff at the reception was not easy.
It is a wonderful and modern hotel with nice rooms and staff who were friendly and helpful with exception to those at the front desk. I plan to stay here again in the future and hope I will have better luck with checking in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very modern upscale hotel which has a friendly smiling accommodating staff (which seems to be a rarity in eastern Ukraine esp. at other big modern hotels such as Ramada Donetsk.) There are different restaurants within the hotel which vary from casual pizza place to more expensive so it is nice to have a choice.
There is a nice fitness center and very large pool and spa area which was lots of fun and my son enjoyed very much.
The room was fine for two of us but on the side of the hotel which faced lots of construction next door so perhaps ask for room facing stadium.
Staff overall was friendly, pleasant and extra accommodating to this non-Russian speaking foreigner so that really makes a very big difference in overall quality of stay.
Wish we would have stayed in this hotel longer instead of ending up at some other klunkers around the city but you live and learn right....would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hotel has a good relaxed feel with friendly service, though checking in can be slow and tedious, as seems to be typical in Ukraine. Some reviewers have said that it is good for football fans, that was the reason for my visit, so in one sense it was ideally located. The weather during my brief trip was awful which regrettably prevented much further exploration of the Donetsk area. I feel that Ukraine is on its way up as a tourist destination so I hope to back to see more when the weather is better.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Brand new 2012 luxurious 4 star hotel. Ideal for football fans across the road from stadium. Small but nice rooms. Out of town and although taxis are inexpensive at times they are hard to find.

I have rated poor because breakfast was very disappointing one day. It is served from 7-11 but at 10 on a busy morning nothing was left - no glasses, cutlery, juice or food and little being done to fix it by the army of staff.

More importantly on our second night someone entered our room at 3 in the morning. I called reception and was advised that the maid had entered the wrong room in error as she needed to make a room up. Yeah - right ! Shouldn't have to put a chair against the door in a hotel of this quality.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Shakhtar Plaza is located across Donbass Arena. The location would fit better to business travellers and football tourists. You need to walk 15-20 minutes to the city center for eating and drinking. The way to the city is quite dark and isolated. You dont feel 100% safe on the way. And I can imagine how cold it can be in the winter.

I've stayed in one of the executive suites and it was great. It was very comfortable besides the toilet. It should be larger. The internet works very well.

I would stay there again when I visit for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business