“Brand new hotel in the center of Donetsk”

Park Inn By Radisson
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Donetsk
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I've been in this hotel 2 times in 2012.
I liked this hotel very much!
Small and intimate, in the heart of Donetsk on Pushkin Boulevard, surrounded by trees and flowers of the park.

Finally appeared in Donetsk true chain of European hotels, not just franchising like others!
I liked the hotel from the very beginning as I got into it.
Very friendly staff at the reception.
Bathrobe and slippers in the room, tea and coffee facilities, kettle, welcome gift from the hotel. Very nice!

Breakfast is very decent. Good restaurant. Really 4 ****.
Excellent reception FREE wi-fi everywhere, in the lobby and in the rooms!
Several convenient meeting rooms for 30 - 70 people are at the ground floor.

If there would be a pool and spa! But ... it is a hotel more for business trips. The only thing that is offered from such facilities (included in room price), this is small gym.

Oh, I forgot to say. Near the hotel is a lovely restaurant Pushkin. There you can find somethin very good to eat.. Excellent cuisine! Blueberry dessert - it is something especially delicious!

To stay in Donetsk it's a very best value hotel to stay for 1 - 4 days.
Believe me. )

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vladislav K
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Dear Vladislav,

thank you very much for your review. We are very proud to receive such a positive Comment from a guest who is traveling so much and experienced for sure a big amount of different hotels. I would be very happy to meet you personally for a coffee next time when Business brings you back to Donetsk and hopefully to our Hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is brand new and offers fresh design and central location.
Its staff is very friendly and willing to help, breakfast is excellent.
The only downside is the pricing. I strongly believe that 95 EUR per night in a standard single room without anything special is excessive and cannot be quite justified by good, but not outstanding amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank EgorParienko
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Dear Egor,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and for rating our hotel so positively. I would be very happy to meet you personally when Business brings you again to Donetsk.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Completely renovated, good location, excellent facilities, quiet, great service and food ! It is one of the best value-for-money options with a world-class service standards. The owner of the hotel did a great job in converting old ex-Soviet type of hotel into a nice - looking and modern building. Some landscaping and outer work would be a plus. Highly recommended for all categories of travellers !

Room Tip: the really nice ones are the park-overlooking
2  Thank VladimirKostyanoi
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear Vladimir,

thank you very much for the nice review. That shows me that we are on the right track with what we are doing here as the most important Feedback is the ones from our guests who experience the property. Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcome you again to the Park Inn by Radisson in Donetsk.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I had a dinner in its restaurant and waiter received our order wrong. He repeated it twice, but it didn't help. When he brought order and we refused to pay for some thing, he told in a very offencive manner, that it will be paid by him, no problem. This was not a regular waiter, but their director. Regular waiter also were veeeery slow and pig--headed.
I have to note, that rooms were very nice and clean, I like your design very much.

1  Thank IuriiLisovskyi
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for 4 Star rating and for taking the time to rate our Hotel.I apologize for the Service in the Restaurant and can assure you that I will personally follow up the Situation. However I am very happy that you like our Rooms, the Hotel design and would like to thank you as well for the nice Comments regarding the cleanliness. I really hope that you will chose our Hotel again when your Business brings you to Donetsk so that we have the chance to meet your Expectations next time as well in our Restaurant.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I just wanna say thank you to the guys at reception for everything. Friendly and pleasant stuff, always ready to help. Also separate thank you to F&B department who organized press breakfast for us- everything was in time, the level of service is high and even more. I also asked to bring me an iron to room and received it in 3 minutes. So, do not hesitate when you are in Donetsk - go to Park Inn, good hotel in green zone, what is also important - very comfortable parking lot.

Room Tip: price for business room is higher than for standard - but room is twice bigger and you will have mi...
1  Thank Alina P
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear Alina,

thank you very much for your nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcome you back when your Business brings you again to Donetsk.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Great location - walking distance to many places to shop and eat. The staff speaks English well, which is a plus in this region. The room is clean and basic. You will need to bring or buy some bathroom supplies (shampoo, body wash, etc) - as they basically just give you one generic soap for everything (hands, body, hair). The bed is a bit "springy" and the bed covers/sheets leave a lot to be desired. Internet is a bit spotty, but at least it is free and decently fast.

The lounge has some ok food, but is pretty overpriced. I would recommend taking the 10 minute walk to find a better place to eat. If you need to grab a beer, their happy hour specials aren't too bad (for a westerner). Breakfast was included in my room rate - there is a selection of hot and cold foods. I would recommend avoiding the eggs, as they seem like they cook them once and keep on reserving them all week.

I would come back here again, but more due to it being a convenient place for work.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 3riq
DavidMohren, General Manager at Park Inn By Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am also very happy that you would like to choose our hotel for your next stay in Donetsk.
Regarding your Comments I can say that Responsible Business is a very important Program in our Company and that is why we offer a dispenser with Hair & Body Shampoo in the shower and a soap dispenser with Hand soap near the wash basin instead of small plastic bottles which produce much more waste. However every guest can alwasy ask for small bottles with shower gel, shampoo or body lotion via the reception. As to the Breakfast Buffet I can assure you that we are producing all food items fresh on a daily basis as our internal Sanitary rules as well as the Local Sanitary Rules are very strict. Once again I would like to thank you very much for your review and I hope that I have the chance to meet you in person during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was a very strange experience. The hotel is modern, clean and could easily have been a top end place.

But... the staff. I don't even know how to explain their lack of professionalism and ignorance. Everything that could be done wrong was done wrong. It already started at check in - pre-paid rooms that all of a sudden weren't pre-paid at all. Reserving 1.000 Euros from my credit card the obvious solution - "otherwise no room, no sleep here!" shouted at my face.

When they two days later got convinced that the room WAS pre-paid, they offered no excuse and wanted to give the money back in cash. The local currency, hrynia, is useless outside Ukraine and can't be exchanged properly, therefore I declined. They then said that they couldn't give back the reserved amount on my card for another two weeks. After going completely bananas, shouting various angry words and calling for the manager, it suddenly worked right away.

Then there was the hugely overpriced food in the restaurant. It wasn't good at all. And also, again, the service was nothing else but lousy. 30 minutes for a menu? Check. Another 30 minutes for beer/wine/water? Check. Food arriving 20 minutes apart? Check (we were the only two guests at the moment). Wrong change after paying the check? Every time.

There were more things, but I'll stop here. I get upset just thinking about it.

If you don't absolutely have to go to Donetsk, don't. If you absolutely have to go to Donetsk, do NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Jonas D
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Sir,
first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this Feedback.
I am very sorry for the Situation that you experienced during your stay in our Hotel and can assure you that is not at all the normal Standard in our hotel. As I would like to apologize personally and would appreciate some details about your stay, I kindly ask you to send me your contact details via e-mail so that I can get in touch with you. My contact details are: David.Mohren@rezidorparkinn.com.
I apologize for that Situation and hope that you will contact me so that I can apologize personally and get more details about your stay to follow up this Situation personally.