“No elevator and staff untrustworthy”
Review of Eva

Eva
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Donetsk
Reviewed 24 April 2012

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is no elevator so if you are on the third floor you will get to know the marble staircases very well.
While in Donetsk an ATM machine ate my card. After two days of international calling at hotel desk I was finally able to secure limited funds through Western Union. Hotel staff showed sympathy with my situation by arranging a taxi that charged $220 (cash) to a nearby town - when I found out later the going rate was $67. The staff will stick it to foreigners when they can,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jetguy77
There are newer reviews for Eva

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Eva is convenient to the city center- about a ten minute walk to McDonald's and the park- without being on a noisy thoroughfare. The lobby is attractive, and well maintained. There is no elevator so pack lightly!
Our twin bedded room was small but very clean and comfortable. We had a small fridge, television and desk. The bathroom was spotless and well appointed, though there is a little step up which you must watch for. Wifi was steady once we figured it out.
Desk staff spoke less English than I speak Russian, which made check in and out cumbersome. We were charged for breakfast, although I did not reserve that rate. Breakfast was OK but we did not need it.
Service is not tremendous- we called our own taxis, and our room was not always maintained timely. But overall, I would definitely stay there again. It was safe, comfortable and clean, and a huge improvement over the apartments we had been staying in previously in Donetsk.

Room Tip: There is no elevator- be prepared to carry your luggage up the stairs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My friend and I stayed here on a recent trip that took us to Donetsk. The rooms were clean and the staff at the front desk were very nice and spoke good English. The free Wifi was useful as well. I would have no problem staying here again if I return to Donetsk. The location was good for walking to downtown as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CraigNV
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The eva hotel in donetsk ukraine is a wonderful place , i have been there twice and already i plan my next trip to donetsk for next year - Hotel is fantastic and clean wih excellent staff - Rooms are excellent and i found it easy to sleep and go in and out of the hotel at all times of the day and night !! The food is excellent and i really enjoyed my breakfast every mornings and tea throughout the day and night - For me i really liked being and it made my holiday soooooooooooooooooo easy !!! Michael

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank candytones
Reviewed 2 May 2010

The street entrance is unprepossessing, with a small automatic door and inconvenient steps up to the unexpectedly grand lobby - lots of polished marble. In many hotels that type of lobby often belies the poor quality of the rooms, but not here - the room was quite large and comfortable, was newly decorated, and had a clean well-fitted bathroom.
Service was always efficient and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Areandel
Reviewed 19 February 2010

I went to the EVA HOTEL and it was a wonderful beautiful place to spend my days in ukraine DONETSK !! The food was fantastic and the entertainment was out of this world !! im going to ukraine again - i will be staying at the eva hotel again in a few months time as spring starts in donetsk !! Hotel for me 10/10 - Michael

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank candytones
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Hotel is clean and comfortable but the food is poor. The decor of the hotel is unusual with lots of gold leaf and statues. Staff were fine but with limited English.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sisIreland