“Great hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Poltava
Kiev, Ukraine
“Great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great everything , room, food. , and staff , staff was so nice and helpful kind and above all speaking good English . Everything I asked for was done quick and perfect . They were kind enough to buy my ticket for train to Kiev online and helped me with a computer which I could check my emails and other things.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Zhashemi
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments with us.
We were doing our best to help you during your stay in Palazzo Premier Hotel.

Hope you will become our regular guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My stay was for 3 nights and I booked a Deluxe Panoramic room that was quiet, nicely appointed and had a nice walk-out balcony overlooking Gogol square. The location was ideal and I enjoyed walking to parks and shopping in the city center (side note, there's a currency exchange across the street). The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and spoke very good English and most of the dining room staff spoke English well too. Full breakfast was cooked to order and included in the room rate - there was a wide variety of choices to suit any taste and they were accommodating to special requests. I'm a non-smoker and I believe all the guest rooms are non-smoking which is a plus for me. They have a dedicated smoking room on the property but I never detected a hint of smoke during my stay. Good WiFi is critical for me and the excellent wifi was a pleasant surprise at Palazzo. High-speed is free (yes!) and my room had a full 5 bar signal and the speed and bandwidth was outstanding at all times - this made working from my room a breeze as well as Skype and Web TV streaming! I had dinner in the restaurant and the selection, food and service was outstanding. I'd happily go back to the Palazzo next trip.

Room Tip: I liked the corner room (deluxe panoramic) overlooking Gogol park
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive opinion regarding your stay at Palazzo Premier Hotel!

We are very happy that you appreciated our convenient location, comfortable room, tasty breakfast and high-speed Wi-Fi.

Looking forward to welcome you during your next visit to Poltava.
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed in the Palazzo for about a week for the first time in mid November 2013, then moved out into an apartment so I could cook my own food. Unfortunately I didn't like the two different apartments I stayed in, so I gave up cooking and moved back into the Palazzo for another two weeks.

Part of the hotel was built 10 years ago and part only 5 years ago. I stayed in both halves and while the 5 year old part was slightly more polished, both were very nice. They have only 55 rooms with six different levels of luxury from "classic" to the presidential suite. The most economical rooms (classic) only have a shower, all other rooms have a shower over a tub.

I first stayed in a Premier Room (one level up from the bottom) with a tub in the 5 year old half of the hotel. When I moved back in I spent a couple of days in a Deluxe room in the 10 year old half of the building (two levels up from the bottom) then moved to a classic room in the 10 year old part. All the rooms were very clean and well maintained.

Breakfast is included in the price. Make sure you have a glass of kefir (a drinkable yogurt), which is better in Ukraine than the stuff I can buy in America. The breakfast menu is probably over 50 different Ukrainian favorite foods and if you like fried eggs and bacon every day like I do you'll be a happy customer.

The Palazzo is at the corner of Gogol and Lenin St. It about a 5 minute walk down a lovely tree lined pedestrian walkway in the middle of Gogol St. to the Gogol theater. If you turn left after you pass the Gogol theater you will be on a tree lined cobblestone pedestrian only st. with good shopping and cafes.

Overall I highly recommend both the Palazzo and this part of Poltava in particular. Some parts of Poltava are full of boring Soviet era apartment blocks, but this part of Poltava feels great, looks lovely (even in November with no leaves on the trees) and I plan to come back when the flowers are blooming. The pedestrian walkway in Gogol street is usually full of couples kissing, old people talking and mothers strolling with their children in baby carriages.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side and higher floors are quieter than street side lower rooms, but it'...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kadfad
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for such kind and detailed comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We hope you will come back and become our regular guest!
Kyiv
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,001 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was very much pleased to discover that since my last stay (pls, see separate review) many things have substantially improved in Palazzo:

1. WiFi access is no longer cumbersome - you merely catch the network and enter password. Signal was stable and perfect all the time.

2. Breakfast is now included into the room rate. And it’s a buffet; no more sets. It was rather diverse but sadly repetitive - not a single change in three days.

3. No more coffee problem - you can either make it yourself from the coffee-making machine, or order espresso from the bar (for a fee).

4. The bill is no longer tricky.

Sadly, the parking problem wasn’t addressed - you still need to go to the reception first lest you’ll be kept waiting at a gate for ages.

LOCATION

This time I found location not as quiet as it was: the street in front of the hotel was busy day and night. No traffic jams; cars ran fast and noisily. Other than that, it’s perfectly central.

Unfortunately, smokers are still the first to welcome you at the entrance (inside hotel is a non-smoking area).

ROOM

Booked the panoramic suite that I stayed in before, but this time was unexpectedly upgraded to the presidential suite for the same rate. Needless to say it was highly appreciated, and the room has exceeded my expectations.

It was very light, comfortable and spacious; with separate bedroom, a large living room (both with AC) and two balconies by the entire room. The living-room had a sofa and a dining-table, a cupboard with some dishes and cutlery, a small library, a fridge with a mini-bar, a TV– anything needed for a perfect rest.

Bathroom was large and clean. It had a wonderful bath with Jacuzzi, a bidet and a sink, full set of toiletries and lots of towels. The only weird thing was the vicinity of toilette to the bath – one could only sit on it with the knees pressed tight to the bath…

SERVICE AND ROOM SERVICE

Service could already not have been better when I last stayed here. Can’t praise the reception staff high enough! They even heard our discussion on whether we needed an ice bucket, and kindly sent it together with champagne glasses we asked for.

If you go for room service, mind that the menu available in the room is very limited. We ordered in-room dinner using the full restaurant menu, and there were more options in it. The only drawback was a mess-up with our latest order – it took us ages and reminders to get our dinner served, and they forgot about the dessert. But the meals were delicious, well presented and reasonably priced, and the eventually served dessert was accompanied with multiple apologies.

RECOMMENDED

Notwithstanding the still rather high cost, due to all positive changes here since my last visit I would recommend Palazzo to anyone seeking a comfy stay in Poltava, and will gladly return here myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cora_v
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your opinion regarding your stay at Palazzo Premier Hotel!

It is a pleasure that you have noticed all the positive changes we made since your last visit, especially concerning room, breakfast and Wi-fi.

Your recognition is very important for us as it influences the process of product and service improvements.

We look forward to welcome you again soon!
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night this week, and loved it! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Internet connection was perfect in my room. I had all bars, and was able to see and hear my husband clearly during a skype call (unlike a fancy hotel in Kiev). Breakfast was also very nice. Everything was fresh and delicious. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased that you appreciated our staff, breakfast and Internet connection.

Hope to welcome you back during your future visits to Poltava!
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Many of the Ladies will tell you that Palazzo is the best hotel in Poltava. It is centrally located near the the Mall called Metropolitan. There is an excellent nightclub nearby called Podium. Two other night clubs, one called Split and One called Robin Hood are within walking distance. Poltava is a good honest town. No hookers, no drugs, plenty of tuff guys, university, medical schools. The wifi at the hotel is spotty. The breakfast is good by american standards. I was staying on the 5th floor which is the executive level and I would reccommend room 502 as the room to stay in overlooking the street. I was very satisfied, except wifi is spotty.

Room Tip: choose room 502
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jhakimmd
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you liked the hotel location, your room and the breakfast.

It’s a pity that you had some inconveniences with wireless Internet connection.
Our Technical Department will check and improve the quality of Wi-fi in the nearest future.

Looking forward to welcome you during your next visit to Poltava.
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this Hotel recently. Only good impression - nice personnel, clean renovated rooms and very good breakfast with amazing coffee. Quite good free Wi-Fi, but sometimes coverage is problematic.
Definitely, for next trips to Poltava will choose this Hotel.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank acoustic75
Artem R, Director of Sales at Premier Hotel Palazzo, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such kind comments regarding your stay at Palazzo Premier Hotel!
We look forward to welcome you again soon.