“Possibly Simferopol's best hotel, but...”
Review of Hotel Europe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Simferopol
Hotel Europe
Ranked #8 of 35 Simferopol B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Possibly Simferopol's best hotel, but...”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed one night at the end of our stay in Crimea in this hotel - it is very well located in the shopping district of Simferopol, reachable from the bus/train station easily.
The room was fine, obviously some renovation had been going on and we could see the effort. The corridors can be noisy, as the doors are thin, but overall, no noise from the street.
The decor reminds a little 19th century.
The receptionist speaks good English, but was not specially friendly - efficient, but without the extra service - a summary of our experience in Crimea.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have now stayed here twice, first in July when it just opened and again this week! At first the road is a bit rocky getting down from the highway ( they said it should be paved by November) but once you arrive at the hotel it's magical! Surrounded by lush greenery and standing right on the beach it was very convenient to hang out on the beach in the morning and then stroll the forest and nearby botanical garden in the afternoon. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated in a modern style, with flat screen tv and mini bar (although it only had a kit kat and 2 sodas and 2 waters)
Overall loved this place and can't wait to come back soon!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Don't be put off ny first impressions of this hotel -- it's down a scruffy sidestreet certainly -- not too far from a main square -- but it's a very good hotel -- for a very reasonable price. We had a large rwo-room suite for about $125. The decor is quite elegant in a Eastern European way; the front desk staff are more than obliging; the breakfast is a bit on the humble side (eggs, buns, salad, etc.) but "serviceable". What we most liked was the help and advice that the young women at the front desk gave us: we were in Crimea to visit historic (and prehistoric) sites and they arranged transportation to make it easy for us to get where we wanted to go; without their help it might have been very hard indeed! And I had some health problems -- the front desk gave us good advice on Crimean medical care there too. So -- our five nights in Simferopol turned out very well!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in 3 hotels in Ukraine last week. One in Simferopol, one in Zaporozhye, and another in Poltava. This was by far the best room. The room was spacious and clean, the wi-fi worked well, and the bathroom was large and updated. No complaints at all.

The hotel is not in a conspicuous location, and I did not try the free breakfast, which is made to order. So, I cannot comment on that. I also speak Russian, so English language skills of the front desk staff were not an issue for me. However, I really enjoyed my stay and found this a pleasant hotel for the money. I will definitely stay again when in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
UAE
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel could be hard to find as there is no english around, I was lucky and had someone show me. Location is good though if you want to be in the centre of town. The rooms are a good size, but the tv is only in non-english channels. Breakfast is pretty ordinary, one choice, they bring it out and you either eat it or you dont, so a bit of lucky dip with breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I have a one night stay in the hotel and I think it was great.

The hotel located very close to the city centre, around 5 minutes of walk, where you can find a lot of restaurants. However, it seems many restaurants do not provide english services. Luckily I found a Ukrainian restaurants which had an english menu, the environment was comfortable, the food was cheap and tasty. It was called "ahkahbak", you can easily see it when you walk towards the main street from the hotel (turn right when you walk out the main entrance of the hotel). Highly recommended to people who have short stay in the hotel.

I booked the cheapest double room via booking.com. They gave me a big comfortable room during my stay. The bathroom was huge and there was good pressure of water with stable temperature. The bed was very comfortable too. A minor problem is that there are a few tiny insects flying in the room, but I found this kind of insects everything in Kiev also and they do not bite. So I do not think it is a problem. For the breakfast, I had yogurt, small portion of greek salad, bread with cheese & butter, eggs, hams and tea. The portion should be sufficient to an average person and I think the taste of alright.

The staff was friendly and could speak reasonable level of english. I did not have any problem in communicating with them. In case if we could not understand each other through conversation, we just wrote down our ideas on a piece of paper, they were very willing to serve.

I also used their transfer service from hotel to airport and it just costed 150 UAH. It might be slightly more expensive than ordering a taxi yourself, but you can avoid problems with dishonest taxi drivers or mis-communication. Highly recommended.

A minor problem with the hotel is that there is no elevator, which may be a minor problem to people who have big luggage.

If I am going to Simferopol again, I will choose to stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken S
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in in Ukraine. No air conditioning – not working and the staff not prepared to fix it – no fan as substitute or they refused to give me one, room very hot and stuffy. Surely unhelpful staff. ‘Free WiFi’ a joke, only available in the reception area. No refrigerator to keep water cool which you will need if you have a room as hot as mine. No light switch near the bed, only at the other end of the room, so when you switch off to go to sleep you have to stumble across the room in darkness.

Such a shame because this has been my only negative experience so far traveling round Ukraine. I would advise anyone to avoid this hotel, there are better and cheaper in Simferopol!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else