Hotel Europe
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Well worth staying here. Rooms are good size.Bathroom in my room was excellent. I tend to judge rooms on quality and size this was 1st class. Better than many 4 or 5 star hotels I have stayed in.
Within 5 mins walking to town. A good breakfast was provided.
Only drawbacks were no bar and no kettle or tea/coffe making facilities in room

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed one night at the end of our stay in Crimea in this hotel - it is very well located in the shopping district of Simferopol, reachable from the bus/train station easily.
The room was fine, obviously some renovation had been going on and we could see the effort. The corridors can be noisy, as the doors are thin, but overall, no noise from the street.
The decor reminds a little 19th century.
The receptionist speaks good English, but was not specially friendly - efficient, but without the extra service - a summary of our experience in Crimea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have now stayed here twice, first in July when it just opened and again this week! At first the road is a bit rocky getting down from the highway ( they said it should be paved by November) but once you arrive at the hotel it's magical! Surrounded by lush greenery and standing right on the beach it was very convenient to hang out on the beach in the morning and then stroll the forest and nearby botanical garden in the afternoon. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated in a modern style, with flat screen tv and mini bar (although it only had a kit kat and 2 sodas and 2 waters)
Overall loved this place and can't wait to come back soon!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Don't be put off ny first impressions of this hotel -- it's down a scruffy sidestreet certainly -- not too far from a main square -- but it's a very good hotel -- for a very reasonable price. We had a large rwo-room suite for about $125. The decor is quite elegant in a Eastern European way; the front desk staff are more than obliging; the breakfast is a bit on the humble side (eggs, buns, salad, etc.) but "serviceable". What we most liked was the help and advice that the young women at the front desk gave us: we were in Crimea to visit historic (and prehistoric) sites and they arranged transportation to make it easy for us to get where we wanted to go; without their help it might have been very hard indeed! And I had some health problems -- the front desk gave us good advice on Crimean medical care there too. So -- our five nights in Simferopol turned out very well!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in 3 hotels in Ukraine last week. One in Simferopol, one in Zaporozhye, and another in Poltava. This was by far the best room. The room was spacious and clean, the wi-fi worked well, and the bathroom was large and updated. No complaints at all.

The hotel is not in a conspicuous location, and I did not try the free breakfast, which is made to order. So, I cannot comment on that. I also speak Russian, so English language skills of the front desk staff were not an issue for me. However, I really enjoyed my stay and found this a pleasant hotel for the money. I will definitely stay again when in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family