Hotel Old CONTINENT
Izumrud Hotel(Uzhhorod)(Great Value!)
US$21
Hotel Kilikia(Uzhhorod)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hotelthe riverfirst floorthe location is perfectluxurious hotelcity centrewithin walking distancecontinentelevatorukraineuzhgorodluggagewingpubspillowscastle
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed a couple of nights at this hotel.
As we were two friends traveling and we just booked via the internet the last room (a suite), I contacted the hotel asking for two twin beds rather than one double bed. They responded immediately telling me that we could have an additional room (special arrangment because hotel is full) or they would provide us with an extra bed in the room. I opted for the second.

When I arrived, I noticed that the lady at the reception desk was very friendly.. The suite was much better (and larger) than what was described on the internet, which was a pleasant surprise

As the additional bed they put in our room proved to be for small people, I had a quite unconfortable first night. I expressed my problem with the lenght of the bed the next morning and they removed the bedsofa and put an (army) bed in our room. I slept very well on it the next couple of nights.

The room was VERY quiet, which I particulary enjoyed.

Negative was the fact that the air conditioning underperformed, I was not able to get my room really cool...only cooler

Breakfast is perfect and responding to Western Standards

The location of the hotel is perfect...it is in the mid of the town, near the passengers brigde. Close to the bars and shops.

Room Tip: the suite (304) is definitively a good choice...larger than announced !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SooLux
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Old Continent. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The service is outstanding. And, Eugene, who works at the desk, is extremely helpful and nice. Don't worry if you only only speak English.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FatChance_12
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was a very nice hotel. The service was great. The food in the restaurant wonderful. Our room was well decorated and very clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lindalfromboston
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here for a quick night in transit by car from Vienna to Kiev. Already the border crossing was a friendly surprise as it is almost exclusively "manned" by attractive Ukrainian ladies! The hotel in the border town of Uzhhorod immediately added to the positive impression. A real jewel in the town center, next to a river an bridge. Everything is so well managed that the hotel could easily be member of Leading Hotels or Relais & Chateau. I particularly enjoyed the outside patio restaurant and the inner bar. The deluxe room lacked absolutely nothing. I assume that the owners also operate the fashion boutique in the same building, therefore their good feeling for style and quality. This hotel is a recommendation not only for transit or business travelers, but also for tourists, extending a trip from Eastern Slovakia, Hungary or Poland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TrophyCollector
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was in Uzhgorod for business and this hotel was recommended. It has a great location and within walking distance to central part of town..and next to the river. My hotel experience was negatively affected by the fact that my room on the 4th floor (attic type room) was extremely hot (like a sauna). The next morning, I reported that the air conditioner did not work and they got it fixed during the day but it took a long while to cool down to a bearable temperature. The room itself was okay..No major complaints and was clean. The downstairs restaurant opens up onto a beautiful outdoor seating area with a fountain but for some reason, I was asked to eat on the inside (not sure if this was because I was a solo traveler and they wanted the outdoor for parties of 2 or more). Internet was free and worked well throughout the hotel. I worked in the bar lounge where it was cool and the food was good. By the way, it is customary to return your room key to the front desk upon leaving the hotel and then picking it up again on your return. Also, even though they search for your name when you show up for breakfast (like they do when its included), breakfast was not included in my rate so make sure you check.

Room Tip: I would avoid the 4th floor where rooms are attic like.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business